Duane Arnold

Above Average
20 (66.7%)
Average
5 (16.7%)
Below Average
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Duane Arnold  (Read 79205 times)

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Duane Arnold
« Reply #50 on: Jun 20, 2008, 07:14 »
i found this web site that has some spectacular photos of the flood.

http://www.andrealynnphoto.com/CRflood2008/

Cathy

« Reply #51 on: Jun 20, 2008, 07:38 »
i found this web site that has some spectacular photos of the flood.

http://www.andrealynnphoto.com/CRflood2008/
Check out photo 66/69, looks like the water got a little close to the plant!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #52 on: Jun 21, 2008, 04:17 »
Great photos of a sad situation. I'm in St Louis now and its not this bad but still a difficult time for some. My prayers to the uprooted families.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
« Reply #53 on: Jun 22, 2008, 10:21 »
Hello everyone.  This is Dawn Van DOrston (feddern) , DOn Feddern's daughter I live in the town of Palo, there is not a house that didnt have water somewhere in it.  My house had 6 feet of water in it.  I am still in shock and can't beleive this happend.  My brother Bret Feddern has designed a website and it is very informational and there are some pictures of Palo on there.  www.saveiowa.org   check it out.  My house is in his slide show, it's the one with the lawn chair and fishing pole on the roof (we tried to look on the bright side). 

The town of Palo now looks like a bomb has hit it, people are having to gut down to the frame in order to clean it up. 

Thanks to those that have emailed or called.  My family is safe, we are now in the process of figuring out what to do next?  We need to tear down our house and start all over.  It will be a slow process.

Lots of Love to everyone

Dawn

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #54 on: Oct 22, 2008, 05:02 »
This thread has been dead for a while, but I figured between post flood and being under FPL for a while now someone might have something interesting to post.  Any big changes?

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
« Reply #55 on: Jul 23, 2010, 01:36 »
Just a heads up for techs that are coming into town for the fall outage.  Cedar Rapids has now implemented red light cameras as well as speeding cameras.  They will take a picture of your car if you run a red light or are speeding.  They send the ticket to the registered owner.  as of now, there are cameras at these intersections:

- First Avenue East at 10th Street

- Second Avenue and 10th Street SE

- First Avenue and L Street SW

- Second Avenue and Third Street SW

- Second Avenue and Sixth Street SW

- Edgewood Road and 42nd Street NE

- Center Point Road and Collins Road NE

also, there is currently a speed camera on Interstate 380 for the northbound lanes.  It is as the Diagnol drive exit.  They are putting cameras in for southbound lanes at the H Ave exit.  If you do 5 over you wont get a ticket, but anything over that you probably will.  Just wanted to keep some money in your guys pocket!

Nick

klsas

« Reply #56 on: Jul 23, 2010, 01:48 »
Have they got them set to read both front and back? Some of lucky people only have a rear tag. If it is front only, they would have a hard time sending me a ticket. Surely they thought about this when installing the system.

Keith

Offline nickscott13

• Light User
« Reply #57 on: Aug 16, 2010, 12:54 »
I know the cameras on the interstate take pics of your rear tag, i am not sure about the red light cameras at stop lights.

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #58 on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:16 »
I know the cameras on the interstate take pics of your rear tag, i am not sure about the red light cameras at stop lights.

Red lights usually get front/back and driver.
Also available in SOBER!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?