Career Path > Security, FFD

Really 7 Years (Drug Use Question)

(1/3) > >>

kaosweb:
I have been lurking around the forums for some time.  It appears that honesty is the best policy - no argurement here.  Got a job offer that will require a "Q."

I have only one minor concern on filling out my SF86.  In the Drug use questions, it refers to 7 years.  As I am aware, a "Q" goes back 10 years, so any 7 year question should be answered with 10 years.  According to instructions from the employer I got, this question is not one of them (they specifally say on which ones to answer 10 yrs back).

My real question, in mid 1997, I let peer pressure get to me and gave marijuna a try.  It was a one time thing, and never occured again.  This is outside of 7 years, but within 10.  It seems like I should put in on my app. 

I will obviously do the right thing, will this hurt my chances if I put it (not inferring I will hide it).

Thanks...

retired nuke:
The background check only goes back and does interviews, and looks over legal records. If ya got no record of inhaling.....well, you should be able to figure it out. ;)

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: pet_snake on Jan 17, 2007, 10:16 ---The background check only goes back and does interviews,

--- End quote ---

or if they interview the 'right' people and the smoke-n-toke gets brought up....might want to have it on your form

Good Luck!

Cathy:
Maybe I don't understand, you want to give a 10 year answer to a 7 year question?

kaosweb:
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  In response to Cathy, I would do such in effort for full disclosure.

I have since spoken with my recruiter, and their Security department, they counseled me to answer for the 7 years as per the question, and answer honestly if asked for more information.

This is the way I will approach the issue.

Thanks again everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version