Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Perry Farnsworth honeypot

Author Topic: Perry Farnsworth  (Read 8372 times)

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Perry Farnsworth
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:38 »
Perry Farnsworth passed away today of complications from brain cancer.  He held several jobs in Health Physics department at Farley most recently he was in training.  He will be greatly missed.  The arrangements are at http://www.legacy.com/DothanEagle/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=86045655 
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2007, 04:06 by grantime »
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Perry Farnsworth
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 11:34 »
even though i only wuz at farley one time, the initial refueling, i enjoyed working with perry.  he was one with whom you knew where you stood.  that alone was refreshing.  he was also fairly tolerant of long haired yankee road techs working in his plant.  i have nothing but good memories of him and prayers for his family.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

rapidray

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 10:26 »
I worked with Perry fall winter outages unit 1/2.

he was always fair and liked to have a good time as well.

my prayers for your family.

GOD bless

rapidray

Offline nukedog

• Moderate User
  • Look at the head on that thing!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:41 »
There is not much good about Farely except Perry and a few other techs. Perry didn't fit that typical southern Alabama mold. He was a fair and good man if he had something to say he would say it to your face, even that being said, I never heard say a hurtful word.

Peace

alphadude

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:04 »
We will miss  ya Perry. 

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 03:45 »
Perry was one of the smartest men I ever met.  I’ve seen OPS come in office looking for a particular valve.  He would spout of “it is room such and such, all the way in the back 10 ft off floor”.  Then he would give dose rates and contamination levels from last survey.   More than once we accused him of blowing smoke but when we checked he was right.  It was sort of scary.  We were never really 100% sure that he wouldn’t blow some smoke but could never catch him at it. ;D

As a supervisor he would not ask anyone to do something that he wouldn’t do himself.  The first outage I was at Farley in ‘86 he wanted me to go with him to survey transfer canal.  I figured it was a way to see if the new guy knew what he was doing---nah it was go with him while he did the survey.  Even when I screwed up something he was more likely to pull me aside and say quietly “you know you screwed that up”.  No yelling, no threats and then that was the end of it.  I can’t think of anyone else I would have rather worked for.

We lost a good man.  And our loss pales beside the his family’s.  They lost much more than we did .  Our hearts and prayers are with you all.

shovelheadred

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:41 »
..Perry Farnsworth was a working man's supervisor...I have seen him dressed in plastics and a respirator, not because he had dose left at the end of the year, he enjoyed working as an HP, he was Martin Mitchell's right and left hand, during the 80's...He will surely be missed by all at Farley....what are the arrangements?........red

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:01 »
Red, there will be a graveside service tuesday at 10. Ward Wilson Funeral Home, in Dothan is handling arrangements.   

ageoldtech

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2007, 04:14 »
I worked with Perry during the Farley SGR's, he was a fine man who will truly be missed by many.
Rest in peace,
Hambone

Bodie

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2007, 06:16 »
I worked with Perry and Prince Patton at Parrie Island in the late 70's.  They were on loan for the outage.  I think it must have been the first time Perry had ever been in an operational plant.  It was maybe my third or fourth plant (I was still in the army) we both learned a lot about SG jumping.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?