Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu dep bs recruiter

Author Topic: dep bs recruiter  (Read 58942 times)

dragonchip

dep bs recruiter
« on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:45 »
Hi I just signed in to the navy nuke for June and they put me in dep,  and well my recruiter is a a**   a real  big one! All recruiters in my area are, but I can barely stand him now he wants me to come in every week call him every Monday  and so on…with out pay! and he is far from me ,   so I have two questions

One   is there any way I can get him off my  a** / tail? or is it mandatory ?

Two how should I have done it  if I hated my recruiter go in as a walk in? ( not for me but for any one with my problem )?

redimsok

Re: dep bs recruiter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2007, 11:26 »
Unfortunately no, there is absolutely no way you can get out of the dep meetings if your recruiter wants you there.

i'm currently in charleston at "A" school rght now but i was in dep for a little over 11 months. My recruiter however didn't care, i went in about once a month when i felt like it, signed all my papers and left, but that was just mine. They have every right to make you go, you might not be getting paid but every day you're in dep comes off of the 8 required years.

My advice to you would be this, get used to doing the things now, it'll make adjusting to boot camp (which was a joke, way too easy, but thats a different post) and its what will be expected of you anyway. bad news is that as a nuke you can't advamce for it since you're already e-3, but thats the breaks.

keep your head up, the navy will probably suck until you're out of boot camp, but once you get here its not that bad.

dragonchip

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:25 »
Erg I hate my recruiter. the   enter the room salute the flag and salute him  ask to come aboard and leave the same way   is a pain in the @$$ but I can stand it if I didn’t have to put up with him I mean he was bad before I joined but this is to much .
 I was hoping  for a date a bit closer  and didn’t understand the dep thing    and they didn’t tell me about it !!  all they told me was I would get a letter in June telling me to come back and that was it !  she also told me that nuke was a bonus of 16000 at max (its 18-20 right?) but I need out of this town so I didn’t put to much of a fight after all only 1000 a mouth and if you pass nuke the bonus is a piece of shit, it’s taxed and after your 6 years you can get a civilian job for 80-100 000 a year.   but the people down here are @$$&$  I mean  that my recruiter told me to lie about a traffic ticket I had it recorded on a cell phone but I lost it 3 days before  I signed
  ps I didn’t lie I told him I’m doing this legit and I don’t care about his f ing numbers   so I payed it off  after the court date   probably why he hates me?

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2007, 10:09 »
dragonchip,

like honeycomb said, thank you for your interest and for serving.

second, that is the navy for you...if you cannot stand this I dont kno if you can even stand bootcamp... you have to suck it up and move on...I couldn't completely read your last post because it had nothing but negative thoughts... maybe you should analyze your situation and really see what the big picture of everything you are doing is.

MM3

Melrose

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:01 »
The purpose of these get togethers is to build the hype, keep you excited, make sure you don't back out.  In other words your recruiter is keeping an eye on his meal ticket.
There is no obligation for you to go to these "meetings", they are NOT required for you to enlist.  Even if you did sign papers. 
I've modified this post as I found myself going on and on.
Enjoy the time you have before boot.  Tell your recruitr to pack sand.
Once you hit the grinder, you'll have plenty of time to 'conform'.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2007, 01:14 by Melrose »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:04 »
dragonchip,

like honeycomb said, thank you for your interest and for serving.

second, that is the navy for you...if you cannot stand this I dont kno if you can even stand bootcamp... you have to suck it up and move on...I couldn't completely read your last post because it had nothing but negative thoughts... maybe you should analyze your situation and really see what the big picture of everything you are doing is.

MM3

Karma to ya, MM3!

dragonchip, if following some simple instructions from people you don't necessarily idolize is a problem, consider this: whether or not the recruiter is a horse's hiney, he still 1. Made it through Boot Camp, 2. Made it through whatever rating school or Apprentice striker he needed to to get his current rating 3. Managed to keep a clean uniform and stay out of trouble enough to keep the high evals needed for Recruiter <believe it or not, there is competition for Recruiter billets> and 4. Not piss off TOO many people on his way to your recruiting station.

Ya know, he may actually have some experience and knowledge you could use to YOUR benefit. Get one over on the Man, steal his knowledge, still hate him, and go on to be a successful sailor. It could happen!  ;D

Let us know how it goes!
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2007, 01:05 by HydroDave63 »

navytwinmom

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:05 »
Ok just my 2 cents as a mom that had 2 depers. No matter if the recruiter is nice or not they all have to follow the Dep rules just like you do. My sons had to call in every monday and go to a dep meeting once a month. I know that requesting permission to come aboard the office and such is kind of silly but they are trying to teach you what you  need to know once you are in boot camp and in the fleet.

My sons were 35 miles from the recruiting station so we had to make 2 long distance phone calls each week and go to the station for meetings (sometimes they did come to our town to do it)

And just remember once in the fleet or at boot camp people higher up the food chain than you will be telling (they do not ask) you do to thing that you find silly or stupid. Just remember that is what you signed up for. You will meet a few people during your life that you do not like and you still have to do what they tell you to wether it is in the Navy or not.

Best wishes to you and thank you for choosing to serve

Donna  8)

dragonchip

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:30 »
Thank you all   for your posts

new question

Is this all standard for DEP.

DEP - My recruiter wants me to call him every Monday and Friday,  go in once a week plus attend a meeting once a month. He also says I must be on call to tutor AVABS. 
Obviously, I’m not getting paid by the Navy until June and  he says Navy will come before any outside job I might have.

I would like to tell my recruiter that he doesn’t own my butt until June  ---- (he hates me - I don’t like him)I know personal problem( prior to enlisting, I told him to piss off once or twice when he was trying to get me to lie about my ticket, now I believe he’s trying to get on my nerves and he is doing a surprisingly good job)   I do not go active until the end of June and getting a job without all of these commitments is hard enough –
Thank you for all you help so far and in advance
Love the help on this site  - if I am using it as a sounding board - sorry

fridayfred3p

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:45 »
To tell the truth you sound like a whiny kid who has always got his way.  I hope you have a attitude adjustment prior to shipping out because you might be in for a rude awakening once you get to great lakes.  There are things that you're going to have to do and people who you don't like will be telling you to do them, so you better get used to it now. 

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:55 »
fridayfred said it best.

yes it is STANDARD. When I was in DEP, I called 3 times a week, went in once a week and attended a meetin a month. It's called muster. I really hate that word and I'm only in school. If you aren't willing to help people prepare for he ASVAB how could someone such as myself trust you to help someone on a ship or to help that person sitting next to you in class who is struggling?

Your recruiter may not know your life like you do and maybe he makes you feel sad or what not, but once you get on that plane to boot camp it is no longer about you...if you don't believe it now, you soon will.

I can't wait to see your reaction when you have mando study hours and have class wide homework make-up all at once.

I have yet to see hardly anything, but from my experiences you are wayyyyyy behind on where you need to be.

dennis

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:23 »
Dennis I really like your attitude and if you keep it up I think you're going to make one HELL of a good nuke.

Mike

Offline Bighouz107501

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:26 »
Thank you Broadzilla,

I recall about a year back you gave me a slight awakening and made me realize some things. So I have people such as yourself to thank for that... I really want to be as great at my job as possible, and enjoy every minute of it. It means alot to hear that from you, considering I do consider your words as great advice...it's always good to receive a compliment from somewhat of a mentor. By the way, I class up for power school in a few weeks...hopefully a step closer to being an ELT, I want it more than anything! haha

dragonchip,

I know things seem really awkward right now and you must hate it. I felt the same way a year ago...but now I see the point in everything we had done...It's kind of like when your parents tell you "one say you'll understand why I'm no tletting you go here" or whatnot.....just so what u have to, to get by and you'll be fine....and questions feel free to ask, I'm only 19 so maybe the age gap is alot less between us then most others on here.

good luck

Dennis
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2007, 12:59 by Marlin »

shayne

« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2007, 12:37 »
I'm sure your recruiter is not the first A$$ you will meet in the Navy or in the rest your career.  Maybe this is the time to learn how to deal with such people in civil manner.

I remember having to do the same thing when I was in DEP, so it must be the standard.  They want to you prepared for your career in the Navy and make sure you are staying out of trouble between now and when you arrive to Recruit Training.

I didn't have the time (I didn't think it was stupid or that I shouldn't have to do such things) to do all the DEP stuff either.  But after discussing my situation with my recruiter, we were able to compromise on what I really needed to do.  Mostly make the weekly calls and make visits to the office.  I probably spent more time in the office than other recruits to make up the meetings that I missed and meet some of the other DEPs.  I only remember making it to one monthly meeting.

dragonchip

« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:39 »
Thanks
  I have no problem helping others I Useto stay after school and help with math (not English/grammar lol) its not the point I was trying to make, my major point was im not getting payed to put up with him, Yet!, if I was ya different story (on hold for 30-45 minuets on my cell, I don’t have a lot of time on it, and  no job right now only for 10sec of talk! And go in once a week 5-10 mile away and back! Agen no pay, no job, and  him telling me I have to come in at the drop of a hat. Well if you cant see my point the ether your working for the government, or dumb/rich (enter exchange able)  im not(well rich , dumb maybe )  I was working fast food for min! and gas  is  217  + rent +food    now add recruiter, and subtract the job, can you do math?

Ill give you a hint negative numbers before recruiter, and with job

Those of you who are going to try to get me on losing/quitting  my job Lost job by getting a better one, and well 2 months after company laid me off (lack of work) then crashed my car, now looking for another job

Ok using  sounding board here lol stopping now

I talked to another recruiter at the same station, and he was telling me that my recruiter is like that. “He has a short fuse and he’ll settle down after a month or two  1. He is tuff on the new dep’s 2. Its hard to recruit in the area 3. and he said I pissed him off” (he wonted me signed in December, he was running low on numbers or something?  But if I just stay out of his way I’ll be fine( he already got what he wanted from me)and some of his last dep’s complained  to the hierup’s  so he isn’t going to mess with the dep’s to much for now.  So as long as im getting the standard  I can stand it   ie my question

Thank you to those who tried to help, I really appreciate it.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:52 »
Chip,
You will deal with many jerks in the Navy. Figure out what is really required, and go from there. How do you know what is required? Don't do it and see what happens. Only death and taxes are inevitable (and if you don't mind jail time, you can cross tasex off the list as well).

My advice for dealing with this recruiter: don't answer the phone from him for the next month, and don't go to the office. When he comes to your house, invite him to come back for any meeting he wants.
Be prepared to defend your actions to the station chief, like this:

you have to make a living until you get in the Navy. If you could go earlier, you would. But since the Navy isn't paying yet, you aren't playing yet. Tell him to get back to you when they will pay travel (and per diem) for these DEP meetings.

I would not mention any previous disagreements with the Recruiter, but focus on the fact that you can't attend all those meetings due to financial limitations.

Non-nukes get opportunities to go in as E-2 instead of E-1 by participating in the DEP training. They can't do anything to you at this point, and it will calm down your Recruiter to realize this.

My Recruiter realized real fast how different it was with Nuke path recruits, and we had no problems. Saluting the "quarterdeck" might have been good practice for Boot Camp liberty call, but I managed to figure that part out later.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

longball4414

« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:04 »
This recruiter sounds like a real a**hole if everything is true. If I were you I would go to another recruiter if there are any within a 30 min drive, but your recruiter needs to show respect to you. His job relies on you, if hes gonna treat you like s**t then don't give him what he wants. My recruiter was extremely nice, patient, and flexible. Or just stand up for yourself and tell him how it is. If he doesn't take it well then change recruiters.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007, 12:27 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline MM1 subnuke

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:25 »
Well, congratulations by the way.  I am a nuke and also a recruiter out of houston.  Just to let you know, you do have to attend the meetings and make a phone call once a week to check in.  If you do not, your recruiter can have you discharged.  I know this all sucks.  Believe me, your recruiter probably doesn't like it either.  I have 17 deppers myself, and each one of them has a problem from time to time that I have to help them fix.  Being a recruiter is no easy task, and every one thinks its your job to lie. Not all recruiters are that way though.  If you truly want to be apart of this organization, then realize he is your superior officer at the moment, and what he says goes(or she).  You will run into people like that throught the Navy. But guess what, it is no different in the real world.  If you want something bad enough, sometimes you have to put up with some things you don't like to get it.  Keep your chin up, DEP is just a very short part of your navy time/career.

M1Ark

« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:18 »
Dragonchip,

While I do agree with everything that's been said regarding your situation I also agree with you that some of your recruiters antics is B&LLSH%T.  I was a 4.0 sailor and did everything I was asked once I was enlisted but the whole DEP thing with no pay is what it is... a job with no pay.   I good nuke is also a good leader.  A good leader will challenge their superiors on their decisions in a tactful way.  Find out what is required of you as a DEP'er and do no more.  I like some of the ideas Roll Tide presented to you.  Blow him off for a while and see what happens  Stand up for what you think is right but realize that you'll be walking a fine line. On one side you are standing up for what's is right and on the other you're whining.

MM1
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2007, 04:22 by M1Ark »

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:28 »
Dennis I really like your attitude and if you keep it up I think you're going to make one HELL of a good nuke.

Mike

Who are you and what'd you do with Mike?! (kidding...!)  ;D
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

SubEMNuke

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:19 »
I would just tell the recruiter that he can check in on you every week and that you will show up once a month(when your not working) as I did when I was in DEP. This clown doesn't have any power--making you coach people for the ASVAB--give me a break!!  If he continues to play Commandant tell him you will be drinking in a bar when you are supposed to ship out and he will lose you as a recruit--you have all the cards now until the day you ship out.

Draonc

« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:51 »
look I may not know that much but if you don't like the way things are going maybe the Navy is not for you. I am shipping out July 11th and I am determined to what it takes to get ready. If you really want my advice you should have waited to sign up so you would not be in the DEP program as long. As for the above advice that is stupid because you signed the papers and you need to take responsibility and do what it takes not try and get out of things by blackmailing. So my advice is to stop crying and do what your recruitor tells you because it will make you a better sailor and get you ready for bootcamp.

Dra

SubEMNuke

« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2007, 10:04 »
Draonc--I just got done with 20 years on the pond (you have 0 time on the pond) and know how much the Navy will squeeze from you once you are actually in--you do not--yet. They don't need or deserve any more time from anyone when they aren't even in yet and not getting paid--unless the person wants do do so.  Obviously Dragonchip doesn't want to be taken advantage of and I don't blame him for not wanting to play some recruiter's reindeer games. If you call that blackmailing --then the Navy is the supreme blackmailer--ie bonuses, STAR re-enlistment, choice of duty station to re-enlist, you do XYZ and only then will I put you on liberty.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2007, 10:09 by SubEMNuke »

SRBall

« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2007, 06:02 »
Thank you all   for your posts

new question

Is this all standard for DEP.

DEP - My recruiter wants me to call him every Monday and Friday,  go in once a week plus attend a meeting once a month. He also says I must be on call to tutor AVABS. 
Obviously, I’m not getting paid by the Navy until June and  he says Navy will come before any outside job I might have.

I would like to tell my recruiter that he doesn’t own my butt until June  ---- (he hates me - I don’t like him)I know personal problem( prior to enlisting, I told him to piss off once or twice when he was trying to get me to lie about my ticket, now I believe he’s trying to get on my nerves and he is doing a surprisingly good job)   I do not go active until the end of June and getting a job without all of these commitments is hard enough –
Thank you for all you help so far and in advance
Love the help on this site  - if I am using it as a sounding board - sorry

Hey.

I'm in the DEP program, too. My recruiter and all the other recruiters at our station are great guys, so I don't know how to sympathize with you there.

But as far as calling in, I know that my recruiter hadn't heard from some of his deppers in a while, and someone higher up (don't know who) called him up and said "look, if you don't hear from ___________ and __________ by the end of this week, we're letting 'em go."

Luckily, they called in, so their contracts weren't tossed. Still, seems like it can't be that big of a battle to face. Call him up, tell him you're still good but you're pressed for time and just leave it be.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2007, 12:23 »
I can summarize how you should deal with your particular situation:

Suck it up.

Move on.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2007, 01:07 »
I'm in the DEP program, too. My recruiter and all the other recruiters at our station are great guys, so I don't know how to sympathize with you there.

But as far as calling in, I know that my recruiter hadn't heard from some of his deppers in a while, and someone higher up (don't know who) called him up and said "look, if you don't hear from ___________ and __________ by the end of this week, we're letting 'em go."

Luckily, they called in, so their contracts weren't tossed. Still, seems like it can't be that big of a battle to face. Call him up, tell him you're still good but you're pressed for time and just leave it be.

What do they feed at the DEP get-togethers? Gullible soup? The military isn't so over-staffed that they are cutting back those who haven't gotten in yet. The recruiters need the numbers, so they will go out and see them at their homes if needed to satisfy their higher ups.

I know the recruiter has a job to do, but DEPers aren't paid and don't have to show up. They define the INACTIVE in IRR.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

get_sum

« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:37 »
Listen....  As A recruiter for 1 year, and RINC for a while and Now the Nuclear Programs Coordinator For Navy Recruiting District Jacksonville, FL.   The young man better get his arse to the dep meetings and call in every Monday.   As far as ASVAB help, he's tring to get you into the team aspect of thinking, but it's not required.  You should have and probably did sign your name to a little thing called a "72 hour Indoc" which was conducted, you guessed it, withing 3 days of joining.  That stated your requirements while in DEP.  So, re-read what you signed and suck it up young man   -OR- cancel your contract.  I have plenty of people who would love your ship date as it probably leaves earlier than theirs.  Believe it or not, we (in Region Recruiting North, and there are only 2)  have no seats between now and september for males and very few female seats open to ship out nuke.  It is all based up how many open billets they have set up for NNPTC.  it you guys have any more ?'s give me a shout.  james.hosman@navy.mil

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:28 »
Hi I just signed in to the navy nuke for June and they put me in dep,  and well my recruiter is a a**   a real  big one! All recruiters in my area are, but I can barely stand him now he wants me to come in every week call him every Monday  and so on…with out pay! and he is far from me ,   so I have two questions

One   is there any way I can get him off my  a** / tail? or is it mandatory ?

Two how should I have done it  if I hated my recruiter go in as a walk in? ( not for me but for any one with my problem )?

Roar I post without reading too much

neitzezc

« Reply #27 on: Mar 11, 2007, 07:56 »
I just didnt go to the meetings.  They are not mandatory.  It's not like they are gonna say "no we dont want you in the navy filling this harder to fill spot because you didnt show up to DEP meeting to do 5 pushups"

seriously, your fine if you dont go to the meetings.  I went to a couple, and never looked back.  They were pretty pointless.  especially if you are in DEP for a long time (i was in for almost a year)

grimmreaper42

« Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2007, 05:09 »
I only have to call every Monday and meetings seem like they're only once a month. Then again i'm new the program so things may change, I doubt it, my recruiters are cool. The recruiters also come and pick me up for everything.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #29 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:11 »
I only have to call every Monday and meetings seem like they're only once a month. Then again i'm new the program so things may change, I doubt it, my recruiters are cool. The recruiters also come and pick me up for everything.

Sounds good.

Seeing and then applying good customer service in everything you do as a nuke and Sailor will serve you well.

Rad Sponge

To the Recruiters
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2007, 07:19 »
I participated in a Career Fair today at a local high school career center (Calvert Career Center).

I was representing my company and recruiting for tech jobs.

The USAF was there, the DC-NG, the Marines, but no Navy.

As a token of my good will I plugged the US Navy Nuclear Program when I was discussing how to acquire the skill sets necessary to get into the nuclear world.

A few students came to me about the program.

I referred them here for questions.

If you are recruiter, you need to get a hold of whoever is in charge of Calvert County Maryland and inform them of their missed opportunity to outreach to roughly 1,000 students today and about 100 who are in the Engineering Tech program.

dragonchip

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 07:56 »
well im in nuke, and doing grate lol na lol im doing ok, studies are hard but doable. boot was a joke lol hardest time i had was trying to fix my paperwork my rec f***ed up on,  and try not to laugh at the bad(out side of class the nice one –im the only one who liked him) petty officer and not move, mess-up, elt around the nice one ( he was evil  I think im the only one that didn’t like him good actor) if you have gone to boot you get me   
boot is a joke any one going throw what I did I have 4 things for you
1 you boss you rec around not him you  only thing he can do is take that month away from you (or give it back lol )  off the 8 years no biggy
2 get able before you go to do the minimum  (at minimum)  of the pushups and setups before you ship  I was doing about 70-200 each a day but you only need 60 to pass the tests
3 the petty offers are payed to give you a hard time lol for me I would prefer boot then the time dealing with my rec so its not that hard  about but1/3 of my division was complaining all the time, but it was a joke  relax its not hard  nuke is harder
4 the hardest time youll have is the other recruits like reccynenjas (don’t ask my div had idiots in it so we did more pt ) tell yourself most of them barely passed the asvab with a 35 its tru  but I wouldn’t advise you telling them that lol 

And 5  (yess I cant)don’t tell any one I sead this but take you glasses and extra cash and put some pics of loved ones in your wallet  you don’t get anof time to call any one I didn’t get to make a call all boot  lol almost  week 6 o and stamps a lot of them  for the weekend lol you get 4hours to send them off 

back to topic lol  may and june I told him to fu** off and went in the day before he tried to put me in a hotel   I told he could reserve the room  but I wont be in it lol  , that man was slime he told 2 recruits that thay could change there job in boot  (you cant ) the day I we left if I knew I would have helped them but , one of them was in my dev   other my brother div (or sister div )  my only regerts are 1 staying up 2 nights befor I left  lol  ferst 2 days of no sleep in boot almost killed me  ( joke) 2 not punching out my recruiter (not a joke ) 3 not takeing my cellphone (my div got them back after boot

ps or 7 ( I said I cant already)  if I can make it with my bad spelling  no reason you cant

o and 

9 or was it 10?  have fun thats it  have fun

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14 »
I am not even sure what you said or were trying to say.  You admittedly cant spell, but know how many *****'s to put to disguise curse words.  Weird.

Congratulations on passing boot camp and making to Charleston.  Please try to use "decent" grammar and complete sentences, or at least be funny like SloGlo.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07 »
50 quatloos against the newcomer, that he becomes thermal leakage at Power School...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:54 »
well im in nuke, and doing grate lol na lol im doing ok, studies are hard but doable. boot was a joke lol hardest time i had was trying to fix my paperwork my rec f***ed up on,  and try not to laugh at the bad(out side of class the nice one –im the only one who liked him) petty officer and not move, mess-up, elt around the nice one ( he was evil  I think im the only one that didn’t like him good actor) if you have gone to boot you get me   
1 you boss you rec around not him you  only thing he can do is take that month away from you (or give it back lol )  off the 8 years no biggy
2 get able before you go to do the minimum  (at minimum)  of the pushups and setups before you ship  I was doing about 70-200 each a day but you only need 60 to pass the tests
3 the petty offers are payed to give you a hard time lol for me I would prefer boot then the time dealing with my rec so its not that hard  about but1/3 of my division was complaining all the time, but it was a joke  relax its not hard  nuke is harder
4 the hardest time youll have is the other recruits like reccynenjas (don’t ask my div had idiots in it so we did more pt ) tell yourself most of them barely passed the asvab with a 35 its tru  but I wouldn’t advise you telling them that lol 

And 5  (yess I cant)don’t tell any one I sead this but take you glasses and extra cash and put some pics of loved ones in your wallet  you don’t get anof time to call any one I didn’t get to make a call all boot  lol almost  week 6 o and stamps a lot of them  for the weekend lol you get 4hours to send them off 

back to topic lol  may and june I told him to fu** off and went in the day before he tried to put me in a hotel   I told he could reserve the room  but I wont be in it lol  , that man was slime he told 2 recruits that thay could change there job in boot  (you cant ) the day I we left if I knew I would have helped them but , one of them was in my dev   other my brother div (or sister div )  my only regerts are 1 staying up 2 nights befor I left  lol  ferst 2 days of no sleep in boot almost killed me  ( joke) 2 not punching out my recruiter (not a joke ) 3 not takeing my cellphone (my div got them back after boot

ps or 7 ( I said I cant already)  if I can make it with my bad spelling  no reason you cant

o and 

Please tell me you are only kidding about being a nuke? Are you really who's hands the future of the program is in? If so, I am moving further inland.

Justin

mlslstephens

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 06:24 »

o and 

Maybe somebody kidnapped SloGlo and he's trying to get our attention...like a distress code word. 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 02:23 »
Please tell me you are only kidding about being a nuke? Are you really who's hands the future of the program is in? If so, I am moving further inland.

Justin

HAHA!!!!

Yeah WTF man, nuke=only 3% of the Navy and some of the smartest--Even if you type like you talk and start typing some esoteric thought...usually people somewhat understand whats going through your head...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:24 by andrew.pigg »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 02:33 »
50 quatloos against the newcomer, that he becomes thermal leakage at Power School...

100 quatloos that the newcomer goes on to be a ELT.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 02:37 »

o and 

Not sure which thread it was but someone was talking about a Remedial reading program at NNPTC.  I am beginning to think that it wasn't THAT bad of an idea.  Next up, Nuclear Power by finger paints...HEY NUB,  stop eating the paste. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 03:09 »
Okay.

Anti-Levity Moderator is calling for a cease fire on 'dragonchip'.

Least we be considered Mean Salt's.

That was a warning shot Gentlemen.  Please don't make me shot for more than effect.

Thanks in advance.

Well you know in typical Nuke fashion...We saw a weakness and proceeded to jump on it full force. Well Dragon welcome to the nuke world, hope you do well in all your studies.

mlslstephens

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 03:24 »

dragonchip, I just want to know if you have SloGlo tied up somewhere?

HAHA!!!!

Yeah WTF man, nuke=only 3% of the Navy and some of the smartest--Even if you type like you talk and start typing some esoteric thought...usually people somewhat understand whats going through your head...

A.P.  You are both NUBS!  However, this guy might be your shipmate someday and he might just be the guy who carries your sad a$$ back to the liberty van and tucks you into your rack.  Ease up!  Once you get some time on the pond, then maybe you can jump in full force on some other NUB...until then, act like a sponge.  ;)

Okay.

Anti-Levity Moderator is calling for a cease fire on 'dragonchip'.

Least we be considered Mean Salt's.

That was a warning shot Gentlemen.  Please don't make me shot for more than effect.

Thanks in advance.
Shot across the bow!  Perfect approach, great execution.  Too bad you can't fly as accurately as you type.   :P

Jason, thanks for doing what you do.  I can't give you anymore K today. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 03:47 »
You've been watching my flying again haven't you?  ;D

Is it really flying, or falling with style? 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40 »
your mental competence and rhetoric has nothing to do with being a "qualified" or not yet qualified nuke!!  But since he is a nuke--you would expect a higher level of learnedness...All ive seen is griping about having to do what somebody says, its called taking authority--get over it.  Back when dragonchip first started posting--When I read his posts, I said to myself "is this guy serious!!" Even in hollywood they portray bootcamp as being able to take orders and do whatever youre told kind of thing.  Its not corporate America--Its not a slacker job.  We are enlisted to fight for our country, not bi*** about saying yes sir and saluting the flag. 

Being able to make a coherent thought has nothing at all to do with being a nuke!! 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53 »
your mental competence and rhetoric has nothing to do with being a "qualified" or not yet qualified nuke!!  But since he is a nuke--you would expect a higher level of learnedness...All ive seen is griping about having to do what somebody says, its called taking authority--get over it.  Back when dragonchip first started posting--When I read his posts, I said to myself "is this guy serious!!" Even in hollywood they portray bootcamp as being able to take orders and do whatever youre told kind of thing.  Its not corporate America--Its not a slacker job.  We are enlisted to fight for our country, not bi*** about saying yes sir and saluting the flag. 

Being able to make a coherent thought has nothing at all to do with being a nuke!! 

Careful my young padawan, Anger leads to hate, and Hate leads to the Dark side.

andrew.pigg

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04 »
Im not angry--There just a lot of bad reasoning going on here...IE--People saying "unless im a qualified nuke...I have no right to respond to a nuke" 

I dont care if youre a nuke or not--If your ignorant...thats all there is to it, youre ignorant, on here I can say it and not be court marshaled for it. 

And Broadzilla--Just because Im not a qualified nuke doesnt mean S***--at least i can make a coherent post.  You seem to think that just because im not qualified that im some complete retard who doesnt know anything about anything.  I busted my A** all the way through school and turned out an associates degree, a certificate degree in logic and reasoning and multiple certificates in welding--All in 2 years...pushing myself with 28 credit hours a semester between 3 colleges. 

Youre completely missing the point--Im not saying that im better than he is--but what youre saying is that you are all better than I am because im not a qualified nuke...who cares, im still a learned individual.  This is a community forum, not a pissing contest or a place to hold authority over other people. 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 09:12 »

And before you comment about what is a slacker job or not you need to spend at least ONE day in the Military.

Do you think I dont see this already?? Thus a big part of me even going into the Navy--I worked at a tool and die shop, at 20 I was as high as I could get in the industry as a designer and a head machinist.  The only reason I got there was because of all the bs slackers that wouldnt do it...Im not the greatest machinist or fastest designer.  Working in a manufacturing setting, theres usually about 2 guys that do all the work...and 30 to stand around and B**** about how crap rolls down hill onto them...and then the stink starts to rise.  Im done dealing with that kind of environment of people not putting in any effort and getting away with it.  Does that kinda of environment still exist in military world...it sure does, but its not as prominent.  And I know what military life is--dont be so quick to judge--Ive grown up in a military house, went to a very strict demanding technical college and have pushed myself every step of the way to not end up like the rest of the world.

What does getting qualified have to do with being able to make a coherent thought?? You still havnt answered that one mike...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40 »

10 yard penalty for talking out of the colostomy bag and lack of situational awareness.

You don't see how the inability to think coherently about operating a reactor plant and its equipment, with attention to detail and clear,formal communication can lead to endangering lives and the ship? Perhaps the visceral rebuttals here come from those who ACTUALLY DID THE JOB, and not a few stories over supper...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44 »
Im not angry--There just a lot of bad reasoning going on here...IE--People saying "unless im a qualified nuke...I have no right to respond to a nuke" 

I dont care if youre a nuke or not--If your ignorant...thats all there is to it, youre ignorant, on here I can say it and not be court marshaled for it. 

And Broadzilla--Just because Im not a qualified nuke doesnt mean S***--at least i can make a coherent post.  You seem to think that just because im not qualified that im some complete retard who doesnt know anything about anything.  I busted my A** all the way through school and turned out an associates degree, a certificate degree in logic and reasoning and multiple certificates in welding--All in 2 years...pushing myself with 28 credit hours a semester between 3 colleges. 

Youre completely missing the point--Im not saying that im better than he is--but what youre saying is that you are all better than I am because im not a qualified nuke...who cares, im still a learned individual.  This is a community forum, not a pissing contest or a place to hold authority over other people. 

You, my friend, have a lot to learn about the nuke community. Unfortunately for you, it appears you are going to want to learn about it the hard way. Thats ok though, I admire your enthusiasm and wish you all the best.

Basically what it boils down to is this, know your place. Or, as some self important person of power in the NNPP will say at some point, "know your role and shut your hole."

All of that stuff that you blathered on about in college, doesn't mean anything to anyone here or in the program. It doesn't prove anything, so stop trying to convince us that it means anything other than you couldn't make it 4 years. There are many many people here and in the program who have busted their asses at least as much as you and many who have done more. You need to qualify something and relieve someone. Then folks will care about what you have to say. Don't ruin a good start to a good reputation.

Take it or leave it.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:49 by JustinHEMI »

andrew.pigg

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 11:04 »
How does that show that I couldnt make it 4 years? I crammed in 4 years of schooling into 2 years--And how does that amount to jack S***--That would be like me saying you being a qualified Navy nuke doesnt mean jack...Your life is military, and I respect that...right now my life is still a civi--I respect yours, youre not superior to me in the civilian wold...show some respect to what I currently do--Youre looking at me like im some out of place retard who doesnt know anything...I swore in to lean and to be challenged...I joined this group to get knowledge about the program and the life I am to encounter--Not to be undermined by a bunch of a**holes who think theyre better than me because theyre qualified. 

Right now-all I see is that youre job and rate is dictating who you are--Not guiding and helping...And here I though you all had a good humor...guess you only have a good humor with someone who is a qualified nuke-

andrew.pigg

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24 »
See--This is the messed up problem with forums and any online conversation...No way can you have a reasonable conversation without people jumping down your throat for one post that has been totally blown out of proportion--Youve got people from hundreds of backgrounds all thinking that they know every aspect about everything about a person from one post. 

And saying that I know nothing about respect other that what I read about it--That in and of its self is disrespectful and quick to judge for somebody who doesnt know a thing about my personal life--All Ive told you about my personal life is that I push myself hard...Everything else that ive stated is what I do as a profession--

How about asking questions of why did I even join the Navy? I went through college, I have a degree--I can make a very good living in the civilian world...so why in my right mind would I enlist to be in the Navy for the next 6+ years of my life?  This is after spending some 40,000 on school and not having a regret about it...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 11:39 »
Youve got people from hundreds of backgrounds all thinking that they know every aspect about everything about a person from one post. 

Actually it's 15 posts. Every aspect.....isn't relevant, this isn't a speed date with andrew, it is/was a post about deceptive recruiters, and the pierced/tatted young men that choose to believe them  ;)

It sounds like you DO have great potential. You may well do great, we hope so, that's why people take the time to reply. Gratuitous bashing we do in the paid member forums ($39/year, it's a bargain!) But it's not about you. It's not about me. It's not even about Broadzilla (heresy, I know!)

It's about the quals and the operating and taking that ship or sub to sea and bringing you and your shipmates home safe.

Good luck, and do have another read from NaVLI4 , Jason and Justin's advice !

andrew.pigg

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52 »
First of all--Never once did I give advise to another nuke--This all started because I had a sarcastic remark, not giving advice...just wondering what in the heck he was talking about and how its not that difficult to make a coherent though--

And all you care about is results in the nuke world--Guess what, im not there yet--So in the mean time, you can go on not giving two sh*** about me--

And my recruiters were exactly the same as what the original posts were about--I have to call in to NC1 every monday just to let them know Im still alive..big deal...when I come into the office--attention, salute OOD, turn salute the flag...big deal--Its part of being disciplined and showing respect.  Just because I have tattoos and piercings doesnt mean im gullible--

There was nobody in my recruitment that know crap about the nuke field--When I went to MEPS I had an interview with the CO who was/is a nuke--it didnt take any convincing for me to say yes to the program.  It doesnt matter what I have to do in DEP to get there--Saluting the OOD is a cakewalk compared to what will be ahead of me in the pipeline.

Since were already way off the topic anyways--
Ive been through calc II and diff eq
What can I expect the math levels to be there??

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 11:55 »
I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Andrew, ok step back, take a deep breath and shim in before you go prompt critical(you will learn about this one day).

I am fairly new here and don't know most of these guys personally.  I can tell you that you will not find a larger supply of useful knowledge anywhere else than on this board.  I agree that you have done good things in your life so far and you are about to embark on a journey that will truly change your ENTIRE outlook on life.  As I do not have any doubts that you will make it through, and not just barely, you will look back on this and laugh in about 3 to 4 years.  This is what it means to be a nuke.  I have always said that a good Navy Nuke has to be at least a little cocky in his demeanor.  You have to have the testicular fortitude to say that you know you are right in the face of stupidity from those above you sometimes.  

I agree that Dragonchip is a little hosed in his grammar and spelling(sorry honeycomb but it is relevant to the discussion)  Big deal, if he can stand watch like a demon I don't care if he can't spell KAT, as long as he relieves me on time and I don't have to fix anything he screws up.  It is the nuke way to find something that rubs a guy the wrong way and pound on it relentlessly until the guy either gets over it or he cracks and is found in the ER hugging the shaft seals.  

I promise you that in a few years time, when you have gotten some salt on your shoulder you will see things in a different light.  Until then, do your best, don't be dink, get qual'd and learn to take everything someone above you says with a grain of salt.  There were two things that no matter what, I learned were absolute truths to the Nuclear Navy:

1. The stupid shall be punished.  Maybe not immediately but one day it shall be so.
2. No matter what you have done or go through, there will always be someone above you that has gone through it or knows someone first hand that has gone through it.  Use that knowledge so your own learning experience will be less difficult.  

Now, let go your feelings.  Feel the force flow through you.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 11:57 »

Since were already way off the topic anyways--
Ive been through calc II and diff eq
What can I expect the math levels to be there??

Enlisted math course will be a bit of a joke then.  Having just completed Calc I, I can say that will good certainty.  Although there is such a thing as ELT math that might give you fits<snicker, snicker>

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 12:11 »
That is from the 108 days straight of playing the Movie Trivia game while on watch with flight ops going on.  If you look closely you can see how to get from Christian Slater  to Robert Stacks in 2 moves.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2008, 12:16 »
And I thought you surface guys (and gals) were normal...... ;D

Depends on your definition of Normal.  By the way the answer goes through Transformers: The Movie(80s version) with Lenord Nimoy and Robert Stacks and Star Trek VI with Christian Slater in a cameo. 

Told you that every nuke has a geeky tendency.  I just make up for those who don't have more than one. 

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 12:19 »
It's good to see that we've all figured out how to push one another's buttons so quickly.  Not in record time mind you, but fairly quickly.  :-[ Now that you've all gotten acquainted and know each other's weak points how's about we get around to WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR?  (In case that's been forgotten here's a link to the Code of Conduct: http://www.nukeworker.com/policy/code_of_conduct.shtml .  Please read it before posting further.  This means ANYONE who's going to post.) 

Andrew,
Welcome to the shark tank.  Though I wasn't intelligent enough to enlist when I was younger I can say from experience in life (and confirmation from friends & family) that what you've experienced so far is but a primer on military life.  I don't say that as an excuse for the behavior but more as an explanation for what you've seen so far.  Sometimes it's necessary for the "child to lead them."  This isn't meant as a put-down but an encouragement for you to put a box over the buttons (We call them Wade-boxes at Callaway) so that they're not so easily pushed.

I'd like to join those who've thanked you in advance for your willingness to serve our fine country.  No matter what I know that those very ones pushing buttons also believe the same thing.  They're testing you out of a love for not only this country but of the Navy that they've already invested or are still investing their lives in.  (I'm betting the tats freaked 'em out a little, too.  8) )  They only demand excellence and deep down want you to succeed beyond what they already have, but only after you prove yourself ready.  It's part crotchety old (in relation to your age) fart syndrome and part "we've already done it" syndrome.  I'm willing to bet in 20 years you'll laugh at yourself when you exhibit some of the same symptoms.

You've already shown that you have the drive and desire to improve yourself and your lot in life.  I say get out there and prove yourself again in the Nuke Navy program, keep us updated on your progress, and above all don't hesitate to get on here and ask questions.  You will be encouraged, on occasion, to look up the answer for yourself.  You'll also find as you get more time on here, and as the crotchety old farts realize that you're serious they'll actually take a shine to you and see past your youth.  They'll also be some of your biggest advocates as you progress along in your career.  Just don't let them get to you in the process!  In the meantime, we'll do our best to remind ourselves from time to time that we too were once your age even if we don't seem to remember it. 

I can see that since I've been writing that PreciousBlue1965 has said pretty much the same thing.  I hate to be redundant but it is the nuclear way.  You'll do fine and when you get out we may have started on Callaway unit 2.  We'll be needing some good folks to help run it and I'll be pleased to buy you breakfast if & when you show up out here.  Check your PM's.

Peace,
Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 12:43 »
Keep up the good work.  It doesn't stop with Boot, A school, Power, Proto, Fleet and or Shore duty.

I had Super Smart College Grads in my Section at Power School.  I kicked there butts.  All but one anyway.  College isn't a predictor of success in the NNPS program.  Sorry.

No one can prepare you for NNPS.  

Check the Attitude at the door.  Lose the Attitude in the forums.  Monitor your posts for to much cockiness.

Otherwise be splendid when you type.

Oh yeah.  Don't argue with the Previously or Currently Qualified Nukes.  I'll continue to smite you if you do.  Thanks in advance.

Jason

I have to agree with HoneyComb here.  ASVAB scores don't mean poop either.  Had a guy in my A school class 99 ASVAB and near perfect on NFQT(me thinks around a 69 or so) back when you had to take both to get in.  His father was an active duty Nuke.  He Failed out after second subject.  Seen quite a few guys that were college grads with Engineering degrees that couldn't hack it(during my time training Occifer Students) and seen guys that barely passed NPS blow me away in their ability to run the plant.  Wish there was a checklist or formula to what makes a good nuke, but until we find it we continue to use the ole' tried and true method of attrition by psychosis. 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 12:48 »

Told you that every nuke has a geeky tendency.  I just make up for those who don't have more than one. 

When I went through high school--I was the king geek...lets see, Band geek (check) Math nerd (check) Physics guru (check) Band geek (check)--wait...already said that---Spirit day...yeah lets see, me and a buddy of mine started out with about 14 light sabres in the morning (he was a jedi, I dressed up as george lucas) and we ended the day with 0 light sabers...But had a blast during the day running through the halls yelling "FRESHMEN"

Geez...what the heck happened to those days!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 04:48 »
When I went through high school--I was the king geek...lets see, Band geek (check) Math nerd (check) Physics guru (check) Band geek (check)--wait...already said that---Spirit day...yeah lets see, me and a buddy of mine started out with about 14 light sabres in the morning (he was a jedi, I dressed up as george lucas) and we ended the day with 0 light sabers...But had a blast during the day running through the halls yelling "FRESHMEN"

Geez...what the heck happened to those days!

What is the significance of the number 137?

Justin

mlslstephens

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 07:17 »
What is the significance of the number 137?

Justin

Answer:  Has nothing to do with the Battle of Yavin

number of times Broadzilla told someone to use the search function on Nukeworker...yesterday.

number of times that DaveWarren will attempt to vote for Obama

the probability that an electron will emit or absorb a photon

a strictly non-palindromic number and a primeval number

and finally...

number of times Honeycomb has landed in a Farmers field   :P

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 07:59 »

LOL nice google work. But that vastly over simplifies the importance. LOL :) I think we are way off topic now.  :D

Justin
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:16 by JustinHEMI »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2008, 08:21 »

number of times Broadzilla told someone to use the search function on Nukeworker...yesterday.

and finally...

I repeat my statement that EVERY nuke has at least one Geeky tendency by the evidence shown by NavLI4.  And here I thought I was a wealth of usless knowledge. 

Ok anyone got a GPS unit that way we can find our way back to the Topic. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2008, 09:34 »
Call me crazy but isn't a field landing also considered a unexpected controlled crash which does little to no damage. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05 »
Sorry about that.  My GPS doesn't have the updated maps from the recent construction activity and I ended up in BFE. 

Ok well I didn't have a bad recruiter, knew a few nuke recruiters, and HoneyComb is the coolest pilot I know(also the only pilot I know).

TheObiJuan

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2008, 08:55 »
This thread turned into a clear example of why I've learned to keep my opinions to myself while at RTC, in the Pipeline, and until I'm Qual'd.

I ship out for RTC in a week and know it's gonna be a freaking blast.

Mouth shut, eyes down, opinion to myself, and don't volunteer.
Missing anything?  ;D

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2008, 08:01 »
This thread turned into a clear example of why I've learned to keep my opinions to myself while at RTC, in the Pipeline, and until I'm Qual'd.

I ship out for RTC in a week and know it's gonna be a freaking blast.

Mouth shut, eyes down, opinion to myself, and don't volunteer.
Missing anything?  ;D

yea Get hot and get qualified NUB!!! ;D

navytwinmom

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 05:27 »

and finally...

You guys got me in trouble!! i was laughing so hard at my desk my boss had to come tell me to be quiet!!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2008, 02:44 »
You guys got me in trouble!! i was laughing so hard at my desk my boss had to come tell me to be quiet!!

I would say that we have met the requirement that people use this post for entertainment purposes then.

dragonchip

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 03:23 »
lol  my English sucks  lol sorry i can speak it ok , but never learned grammer that well   lol

your not even a nuke yet and having a pissing contest allredy  yep your one of us    lol

sorry   not in nuke yet   I try to avoid arguments face to face don’t need one on a form lol

good luck but  collage is nothing compared to nuke     o and to the privet msg   my asvab was 96

Samabby

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2008, 09:31 »
lol There is a feature on most boards called spell check. The use of this feature may help to make you appear to be less of a fool. lol  :-[

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #71 on: Jun 04, 2008, 10:34 »
here is a recruiter that won't bs ya ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008, 11:04 by HydroDave63 »

geek_chic

« Reply #72 on: Jun 04, 2008, 03:40 »
Well I'm sorry that there are so many bad recruiters out there. My recruiter, EM2, is awesome. He's only 29 (but he looks 23) and everytime we have to drive anywhere he always speeds, blasts obscene hip-hop music, and puts us on "cop watch". Cracks me up because I always feel like I'm the most mature one in the group. It's amusing ;) He does get his job done at the end of day though and he can always answer my questions. If he doesn't know the answer then he'll find me someone who does.
But seriously, he's so out of shape. Well, actually the whole office is out of shape. If you can't do regular pushups, do knee pushups. If you can't do knee pushups run in place. My recruiters didn't even bother to run in place by the end of the day, they were too busy laughing about some stupid SEAL who couldn't tell his left from his right while we were marching. Anyways, I have to report every Monday and, come on, it's not that big of an inconvenience. Learn all the stuff in that book they give you. Help out some of fellow deppers if they need it. Teamwork, remember?
I have one other wannabe nuke in our group, a recent HS graduate who looks as though she's all of 13 years old. But she's already promised to write me from basic and school since she'll be 5 months ahead of me. We bond over the fact that as wannabe nukes:
1) we cannot catch footballs for our life
2) we both wear geeky glasses that indicate our nerd status
3) we use words that the rest of the group would choke on if they ever tried to use
4) we both thought it would be a good idea to cut our long lovely hair well before basic - in retrospect, terrible idea
Anyways, my office is awesome and I'm glad that I'm not stuck with ignorant petty officers. Do wish my date got moved up though. I'll be in DEP for 8 days short of a year. Ugh...

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Jun 04, 2008, 04:21 »
Enjoy every minute while you can.  Just don't do anything stupid that could jeopordize your enlistment.  I know it is kinda contradictory but I am sure you can figure it out.  Just remember these two things...

1.  The stupid shall be punished.  The punishment might not come right away, but some day it will.  More often than not the punishment will be 10 times worse than the stupidity.
2.  No matter what you go through or what problems you have, there will be someone senior to you that has either gone through it or knows personally someone who has.  Use their experience to lessen the pains of your own. 

Now get hot and memorize those General Orders of a Sentry, You will need them.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #74 on: Jun 04, 2008, 04:54 »
Enjoy every minute while you can.  Just don't do anything stupid that could jeopordize your enlistment.  I know it is kinda contradictory but I am sure you can figure it out.  Just remember these two things...

1.  The stupid shall be punished.  The punishment might not come right away, but some day it will.  More often than not the punishment will be 10 times worse than the stupidity.
2.  No matter what you go through or what problems you have, there will be someone senior to you that has either gone through it or knows personally someone who has.  Use their experience to lessen the pains of your own. 

Now get hot and memorize those General Orders of a Sentry, You will need them.

Enjoy every minute while you can and then memorize general orders....

Don't confuse the poor girl.  ;D

Justin

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #75 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:10 »
General order #5-I will quit my post only when properly relieved.  If my relief is not present I will send the Rover Watch to wake my relief up and inform him he is "bagging" the watch(call berthing on a surface ship).  Upon my relief I will depart the ship and begin consuming quantities of wheat, grain, and barely in liquid form assuming I am over the age of 21 and not on duty.

What is so confusing about that?  Isn't that the one that you learned in boot camp?

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #76 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:29 »
From the looks of your avatar it isn't the only thing you learned in boot camp.

That was my wife's idea that we "recreate" that image since she loves that picture.  I figured I should obligue.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #77 on: Jun 04, 2008, 05:35 »
Well I had fun after the picture was taken, she was wearing one of those "nurse" outfits you find in stores during Halloween.   :o :D

geek_chic

« Reply #78 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:06 »
Enjoy every minute while you can and then memorize general orders....

Don't confuse the poor girl.  ;D

Justin
Haha, thanks. I do hear that often "enjoy your freedom while it lasts..." I suppose it will be one of those things that I can't properly appreciate until it's too late. And don't worry about me doing anything stupid. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm taking college over the summer. I've got no police record, no health problems, I don't drink, smoke, and there's no possible way I can pregnant. Actually my life seems pretty boring when I put it that way. I don't even have a tattoo yet -- but I'm sure I'll have one by the time I'm out ;) All the people at MEPS say it's pretty much a given. Now that I'm thinking about this, will the Navy be a culture shock? I mean aside from the militaristic standpoint?

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #79 on: Jun 04, 2008, 08:18 »
Haha, thanks. I do hear that often "enjoy your freedom while it lasts..." I suppose it will be one of those things that I can't properly appreciate until it's too late. And don't worry about me doing anything stupid. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm taking college over the summer. I've got no police record, no health problems, I don't drink, smoke, and there's no possible way I can pregnant. Actually my life seems pretty boring when I put it that way. I don't even have a tattoo yet -- but I'm sure I'll have one by the time I'm out ;) All the people at MEPS say it's pretty much a given. Now that I'm thinking about this, will the Navy be a culture shock? I mean aside from the militaristic standpoint?

WOW... IF that doesn't open up a can of worms, nothing else will.  Ok well think of it this way, have you ever watched any of those dating shows where it is one girl and 30 guys?  Now throw in the fact that most of those 30 guys are between the ages of 18-21 and are out on their own for the first time.  Furthermore, put all 30 guys and 1 girl on a big ship out in the middle of the ocean with nothing else to do but be around each other.  Also multiply both groups by about 200 fold. 

There are going to be things that you see and hear in the Navy that you never thought would come out of someones mouth.  If you haven't seen it yet, rent the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Renolds and Justin Long in it.  That will give you the best indication of what the Nuclear Navy is going to be like when you get to your ship.  In fact, if I didn't know any better I would have sworn it was a bunch of nukes that wrote it. 

Well I can say that you will be hard pressed to leave the Navy unscathed morally.  You most likely will end up with at least one tattoo(even easier now that there is a tattoo parlor right off base in SC, no more trips to Savannah), a few stories that start out "man we got really drunk and....", not to mention some new vocabulary that you would not want to put into a internet search engine for fear of what might come up.  Just make sure that you don't do anything TOO stupid, you show up to work everyday on time, stick with your liberty buddies, and don't take life so seriously that you become a stick in the mud. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?