Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu dep bs recruiter  

Author Topic: dep bs recruiter  (Read 58907 times)

get_sum

Re: dep bs recruiter
« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2007, 08:37 »
Listen....  As A recruiter for 1 year, and RINC for a while and Now the Nuclear Programs Coordinator For Navy Recruiting District Jacksonville, FL.   The young man better get his arse to the dep meetings and call in every Monday.   As far as ASVAB help, he's tring to get you into the team aspect of thinking, but it's not required.  You should have and probably did sign your name to a little thing called a "72 hour Indoc" which was conducted, you guessed it, withing 3 days of joining.  That stated your requirements while in DEP.  So, re-read what you signed and suck it up young man   -OR- cancel your contract.  I have plenty of people who would love your ship date as it probably leaves earlier than theirs.  Believe it or not, we (in Region Recruiting North, and there are only 2)  have no seats between now and september for males and very few female seats open to ship out nuke.  It is all based up how many open billets they have set up for NNPTC.  it you guys have any more ?'s give me a shout.  james.hosman@navy.mil

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:28 »
Hi I just signed in to the navy nuke for June and they put me in dep,  and well my recruiter is a a**   a real  big one! All recruiters in my area are, but I can barely stand him now he wants me to come in every week call him every Monday  and so on…with out pay! and he is far from me ,   so I have two questions

One   is there any way I can get him off my  a** / tail? or is it mandatory ?

Two how should I have done it  if I hated my recruiter go in as a walk in? ( not for me but for any one with my problem )?

Roar I post without reading too much

neitzezc

« Reply #27 on: Mar 11, 2007, 07:56 »
I just didnt go to the meetings.  They are not mandatory.  It's not like they are gonna say "no we dont want you in the navy filling this harder to fill spot because you didnt show up to DEP meeting to do 5 pushups"

seriously, your fine if you dont go to the meetings.  I went to a couple, and never looked back.  They were pretty pointless.  especially if you are in DEP for a long time (i was in for almost a year)

grimmreaper42

« Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2007, 05:09 »
I only have to call every Monday and meetings seem like they're only once a month. Then again i'm new the program so things may change, I doubt it, my recruiters are cool. The recruiters also come and pick me up for everything.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #29 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:11 »
I only have to call every Monday and meetings seem like they're only once a month. Then again i'm new the program so things may change, I doubt it, my recruiters are cool. The recruiters also come and pick me up for everything.

Sounds good.

Seeing and then applying good customer service in everything you do as a nuke and Sailor will serve you well.

Rad Sponge

To the Recruiters
« Reply #30 on: Mar 28, 2007, 07:19 »
I participated in a Career Fair today at a local high school career center (Calvert Career Center).

I was representing my company and recruiting for tech jobs.

The USAF was there, the DC-NG, the Marines, but no Navy.

As a token of my good will I plugged the US Navy Nuclear Program when I was discussing how to acquire the skill sets necessary to get into the nuclear world.

A few students came to me about the program.

I referred them here for questions.

If you are recruiter, you need to get a hold of whoever is in charge of Calvert County Maryland and inform them of their missed opportunity to outreach to roughly 1,000 students today and about 100 who are in the Engineering Tech program.

dragonchip

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 07:56 »
well im in nuke, and doing grate lol na lol im doing ok, studies are hard but doable. boot was a joke lol hardest time i had was trying to fix my paperwork my rec f***ed up on,  and try not to laugh at the bad(out side of class the nice one –im the only one who liked him) petty officer and not move, mess-up, elt around the nice one ( he was evil  I think im the only one that didn’t like him good actor) if you have gone to boot you get me   
boot is a joke any one going throw what I did I have 4 things for you
1 you boss you rec around not him you  only thing he can do is take that month away from you (or give it back lol )  off the 8 years no biggy
2 get able before you go to do the minimum  (at minimum)  of the pushups and setups before you ship  I was doing about 70-200 each a day but you only need 60 to pass the tests
3 the petty offers are payed to give you a hard time lol for me I would prefer boot then the time dealing with my rec so its not that hard  about but1/3 of my division was complaining all the time, but it was a joke  relax its not hard  nuke is harder
4 the hardest time youll have is the other recruits like reccynenjas (don’t ask my div had idiots in it so we did more pt ) tell yourself most of them barely passed the asvab with a 35 its tru  but I wouldn’t advise you telling them that lol 

And 5  (yess I cant)don’t tell any one I sead this but take you glasses and extra cash and put some pics of loved ones in your wallet  you don’t get anof time to call any one I didn’t get to make a call all boot  lol almost  week 6 o and stamps a lot of them  for the weekend lol you get 4hours to send them off 

back to topic lol  may and june I told him to fu** off and went in the day before he tried to put me in a hotel   I told he could reserve the room  but I wont be in it lol  , that man was slime he told 2 recruits that thay could change there job in boot  (you cant ) the day I we left if I knew I would have helped them but , one of them was in my dev   other my brother div (or sister div )  my only regerts are 1 staying up 2 nights befor I left  lol  ferst 2 days of no sleep in boot almost killed me  ( joke) 2 not punching out my recruiter (not a joke ) 3 not takeing my cellphone (my div got them back after boot

ps or 7 ( I said I cant already)  if I can make it with my bad spelling  no reason you cant

o and 

9 or was it 10?  have fun thats it  have fun

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14 »
I am not even sure what you said or were trying to say.  You admittedly cant spell, but know how many *****'s to put to disguise curse words.  Weird.

Congratulations on passing boot camp and making to Charleston.  Please try to use "decent" grammar and complete sentences, or at least be funny like SloGlo.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 11:07 »
50 quatloos against the newcomer, that he becomes thermal leakage at Power School...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:54 »
well im in nuke, and doing grate lol na lol im doing ok, studies are hard but doable. boot was a joke lol hardest time i had was trying to fix my paperwork my rec f***ed up on,  and try not to laugh at the bad(out side of class the nice one –im the only one who liked him) petty officer and not move, mess-up, elt around the nice one ( he was evil  I think im the only one that didn’t like him good actor) if you have gone to boot you get me   
1 you boss you rec around not him you  only thing he can do is take that month away from you (or give it back lol )  off the 8 years no biggy
2 get able before you go to do the minimum  (at minimum)  of the pushups and setups before you ship  I was doing about 70-200 each a day but you only need 60 to pass the tests
3 the petty offers are payed to give you a hard time lol for me I would prefer boot then the time dealing with my rec so its not that hard  about but1/3 of my division was complaining all the time, but it was a joke  relax its not hard  nuke is harder
4 the hardest time youll have is the other recruits like reccynenjas (don’t ask my div had idiots in it so we did more pt ) tell yourself most of them barely passed the asvab with a 35 its tru  but I wouldn’t advise you telling them that lol 

And 5  (yess I cant)don’t tell any one I sead this but take you glasses and extra cash and put some pics of loved ones in your wallet  you don’t get anof time to call any one I didn’t get to make a call all boot  lol almost  week 6 o and stamps a lot of them  for the weekend lol you get 4hours to send them off 

back to topic lol  may and june I told him to fu** off and went in the day before he tried to put me in a hotel   I told he could reserve the room  but I wont be in it lol  , that man was slime he told 2 recruits that thay could change there job in boot  (you cant ) the day I we left if I knew I would have helped them but , one of them was in my dev   other my brother div (or sister div )  my only regerts are 1 staying up 2 nights befor I left  lol  ferst 2 days of no sleep in boot almost killed me  ( joke) 2 not punching out my recruiter (not a joke ) 3 not takeing my cellphone (my div got them back after boot

ps or 7 ( I said I cant already)  if I can make it with my bad spelling  no reason you cant

o and 

Please tell me you are only kidding about being a nuke? Are you really who's hands the future of the program is in? If so, I am moving further inland.

Justin

mlslstephens

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 06:24 »

o and 

Maybe somebody kidnapped SloGlo and he's trying to get our attention...like a distress code word. 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 02:23 »
Please tell me you are only kidding about being a nuke? Are you really who's hands the future of the program is in? If so, I am moving further inland.

Justin

HAHA!!!!

Yeah WTF man, nuke=only 3% of the Navy and some of the smartest--Even if you type like you talk and start typing some esoteric thought...usually people somewhat understand whats going through your head...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:24 by andrew.pigg »

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 02:33 »
50 quatloos against the newcomer, that he becomes thermal leakage at Power School...

100 quatloos that the newcomer goes on to be a ELT.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 02:37 »

o and 

Not sure which thread it was but someone was talking about a Remedial reading program at NNPTC.  I am beginning to think that it wasn't THAT bad of an idea.  Next up, Nuclear Power by finger paints...HEY NUB,  stop eating the paste. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 03:09 »
Okay.

Anti-Levity Moderator is calling for a cease fire on 'dragonchip'.

Least we be considered Mean Salt's.

That was a warning shot Gentlemen.  Please don't make me shot for more than effect.

Thanks in advance.

Well you know in typical Nuke fashion...We saw a weakness and proceeded to jump on it full force. Well Dragon welcome to the nuke world, hope you do well in all your studies.

mlslstephens

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 03:24 »

dragonchip, I just want to know if you have SloGlo tied up somewhere?

HAHA!!!!

Yeah WTF man, nuke=only 3% of the Navy and some of the smartest--Even if you type like you talk and start typing some esoteric thought...usually people somewhat understand whats going through your head...

A.P.  You are both NUBS!  However, this guy might be your shipmate someday and he might just be the guy who carries your sad a$$ back to the liberty van and tucks you into your rack.  Ease up!  Once you get some time on the pond, then maybe you can jump in full force on some other NUB...until then, act like a sponge.  ;)

Okay.

Anti-Levity Moderator is calling for a cease fire on 'dragonchip'.

Least we be considered Mean Salt's.

That was a warning shot Gentlemen.  Please don't make me shot for more than effect.

Thanks in advance.
Shot across the bow!  Perfect approach, great execution.  Too bad you can't fly as accurately as you type.   :P

Jason, thanks for doing what you do.  I can't give you anymore K today. 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 03:47 »
You've been watching my flying again haven't you?  ;D

Is it really flying, or falling with style? 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 08:40 »
your mental competence and rhetoric has nothing to do with being a "qualified" or not yet qualified nuke!!  But since he is a nuke--you would expect a higher level of learnedness...All ive seen is griping about having to do what somebody says, its called taking authority--get over it.  Back when dragonchip first started posting--When I read his posts, I said to myself "is this guy serious!!" Even in hollywood they portray bootcamp as being able to take orders and do whatever youre told kind of thing.  Its not corporate America--Its not a slacker job.  We are enlisted to fight for our country, not bi*** about saying yes sir and saluting the flag. 

Being able to make a coherent thought has nothing at all to do with being a nuke!! 

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53 »
your mental competence and rhetoric has nothing to do with being a "qualified" or not yet qualified nuke!!  But since he is a nuke--you would expect a higher level of learnedness...All ive seen is griping about having to do what somebody says, its called taking authority--get over it.  Back when dragonchip first started posting--When I read his posts, I said to myself "is this guy serious!!" Even in hollywood they portray bootcamp as being able to take orders and do whatever youre told kind of thing.  Its not corporate America--Its not a slacker job.  We are enlisted to fight for our country, not bi*** about saying yes sir and saluting the flag. 

Being able to make a coherent thought has nothing at all to do with being a nuke!! 

Careful my young padawan, Anger leads to hate, and Hate leads to the Dark side.

andrew.pigg

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 09:04 »
Im not angry--There just a lot of bad reasoning going on here...IE--People saying "unless im a qualified nuke...I have no right to respond to a nuke" 

I dont care if youre a nuke or not--If your ignorant...thats all there is to it, youre ignorant, on here I can say it and not be court marshaled for it. 

And Broadzilla--Just because Im not a qualified nuke doesnt mean S***--at least i can make a coherent post.  You seem to think that just because im not qualified that im some complete retard who doesnt know anything about anything.  I busted my A** all the way through school and turned out an associates degree, a certificate degree in logic and reasoning and multiple certificates in welding--All in 2 years...pushing myself with 28 credit hours a semester between 3 colleges. 

Youre completely missing the point--Im not saying that im better than he is--but what youre saying is that you are all better than I am because im not a qualified nuke...who cares, im still a learned individual.  This is a community forum, not a pissing contest or a place to hold authority over other people. 

andrew.pigg

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 09:12 »

And before you comment about what is a slacker job or not you need to spend at least ONE day in the Military.

Do you think I dont see this already?? Thus a big part of me even going into the Navy--I worked at a tool and die shop, at 20 I was as high as I could get in the industry as a designer and a head machinist.  The only reason I got there was because of all the bs slackers that wouldnt do it...Im not the greatest machinist or fastest designer.  Working in a manufacturing setting, theres usually about 2 guys that do all the work...and 30 to stand around and B**** about how crap rolls down hill onto them...and then the stink starts to rise.  Im done dealing with that kind of environment of people not putting in any effort and getting away with it.  Does that kinda of environment still exist in military world...it sure does, but its not as prominent.  And I know what military life is--dont be so quick to judge--Ive grown up in a military house, went to a very strict demanding technical college and have pushed myself every step of the way to not end up like the rest of the world.

What does getting qualified have to do with being able to make a coherent thought?? You still havnt answered that one mike...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40 »

10 yard penalty for talking out of the colostomy bag and lack of situational awareness.

You don't see how the inability to think coherently about operating a reactor plant and its equipment, with attention to detail and clear,formal communication can lead to endangering lives and the ship? Perhaps the visceral rebuttals here come from those who ACTUALLY DID THE JOB, and not a few stories over supper...

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44 »
Im not angry--There just a lot of bad reasoning going on here...IE--People saying "unless im a qualified nuke...I have no right to respond to a nuke" 

I dont care if youre a nuke or not--If your ignorant...thats all there is to it, youre ignorant, on here I can say it and not be court marshaled for it. 

And Broadzilla--Just because Im not a qualified nuke doesnt mean S***--at least i can make a coherent post.  You seem to think that just because im not qualified that im some complete retard who doesnt know anything about anything.  I busted my A** all the way through school and turned out an associates degree, a certificate degree in logic and reasoning and multiple certificates in welding--All in 2 years...pushing myself with 28 credit hours a semester between 3 colleges. 

Youre completely missing the point--Im not saying that im better than he is--but what youre saying is that you are all better than I am because im not a qualified nuke...who cares, im still a learned individual.  This is a community forum, not a pissing contest or a place to hold authority over other people. 

You, my friend, have a lot to learn about the nuke community. Unfortunately for you, it appears you are going to want to learn about it the hard way. Thats ok though, I admire your enthusiasm and wish you all the best.

Basically what it boils down to is this, know your place. Or, as some self important person of power in the NNPP will say at some point, "know your role and shut your hole."

All of that stuff that you blathered on about in college, doesn't mean anything to anyone here or in the program. It doesn't prove anything, so stop trying to convince us that it means anything other than you couldn't make it 4 years. There are many many people here and in the program who have busted their asses at least as much as you and many who have done more. You need to qualify something and relieve someone. Then folks will care about what you have to say. Don't ruin a good start to a good reputation.

Take it or leave it.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:49 by JustinHEMI »

andrew.pigg

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 11:04 »
How does that show that I couldnt make it 4 years? I crammed in 4 years of schooling into 2 years--And how does that amount to jack S***--That would be like me saying you being a qualified Navy nuke doesnt mean jack...Your life is military, and I respect that...right now my life is still a civi--I respect yours, youre not superior to me in the civilian wold...show some respect to what I currently do--Youre looking at me like im some out of place retard who doesnt know anything...I swore in to lean and to be challenged...I joined this group to get knowledge about the program and the life I am to encounter--Not to be undermined by a bunch of a**holes who think theyre better than me because theyre qualified. 

Right now-all I see is that youre job and rate is dictating who you are--Not guiding and helping...And here I though you all had a good humor...guess you only have a good humor with someone who is a qualified nuke-

andrew.pigg

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24 »
See--This is the messed up problem with forums and any online conversation...No way can you have a reasonable conversation without people jumping down your throat for one post that has been totally blown out of proportion--Youve got people from hundreds of backgrounds all thinking that they know every aspect about everything about a person from one post. 

And saying that I know nothing about respect other that what I read about it--That in and of its self is disrespectful and quick to judge for somebody who doesnt know a thing about my personal life--All Ive told you about my personal life is that I push myself hard...Everything else that ive stated is what I do as a profession--

How about asking questions of why did I even join the Navy? I went through college, I have a degree--I can make a very good living in the civilian world...so why in my right mind would I enlist to be in the Navy for the next 6+ years of my life?  This is after spending some 40,000 on school and not having a regret about it...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?