Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu 401k's? Retirement planning honeypot

Author Topic: 401k's? Retirement planning  (Read 9719 times)

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
401k's? Retirement planning
« on: Nov 09, 2005, 04:16 »
I was wondering, could Nukeworker start their own 401K plan? For the cases that some companies may not offer one.  Or if not a full-blown 401K, maybe a family of funds that we could invest in?
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Fermi2

Re: 401k's? Retirement planning
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2005, 05:09 »
Since Nukeworker isn't a company in which we are employed I doubt they can start a 401K.

Why not just go to Fidelity and invest?

Mike

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2005, 08:35 »
indoprime,   whacha wanting to due?  get a nuke investment group together to invest only in nuke friendly companies?  leave out the greenppeacers, 'n tree huggers.  i gotcher slogan - 'we gots cash for u ash!'  well, i thought that sounded better'n 'you got pu ash?  we got your cash!'  but maybe knot.  anywaze, i kin dig it.  let me know what you find.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2005, 08:53 »
"we got you by the bulbs" could be a slogan for power company investors???

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2005, 02:10 »
I like ur idea SloGlo.  Find some companies that are nuke friendly and invest in them.  I'm already doing the Fidelity thing, but i'd like to diversify more.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2005, 11:00 »
I was wondering, could Nukeworker start their own 401K plan? For the cases that some companies may not offer one.  Or if not a full-blown 401K, maybe a family of funds that we could invest in?

Your idea of being concerned about retirement is good, but using an employers 401K offering should only be a part of it. I started with a IRA during my "Rent-a-Tech" years and am taking advance of my current employers 401K. However I have also invested in individual stock in companies that have DRIPs. A few tangible assets should also be included - invest in what you know and not what a broker with a conflict of interest tries to tell you. As for Social Security, I don't even factor it in as it probably will not be a significant contribution to my retirement income.
Soon I hope to be at the K.M.A.M.F. setpoint.  :P
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?