Indian Point 2

Above Average
13 (18.6%)
Average
16 (22.9%)
Below Average
41 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Indian Point 2  (Read 50596 times)

snowbound12566

Re: Talk About: Indian Point 2 & 3
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2003, 02:58 »
Go to the Entergy.com web-site.
Entergy owns IP2 and 3 and is the second largest nuclear provider in the country.
Its also an excellent company.

lowlrc

« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2003, 08:32 »
In 86' it was fun. The SOP every night, sneaking over to unit-1 and up to the dog house for a smoke of what ever. and who could forget fish lips

Offline Luscious

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2003, 05:18 »
??? What no outage poop talk, I'm disappointed! Oh yeah that is right, everything is done on the cheap, so there is only a handful of roadies here!

IPREGEN

« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2003, 08:08 »
6 senior slots not filled because of no-shows or folks that backed out. So you gotta realize the next time it's staffing time the utility will say we did it with only this many people, so when some of them don't show next time the utility we ask for even less, until the day comes when there are no more road techs.  Stick to your commitments or you will be scratching your head someday wondering why your not needed anymore.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #29 on: Mar 31, 2003, 03:56 »
Doctorpoo, the infamous Jack Curtis , Decon supervisor :-/ :-/ :-/, how about snake in the grass. I worked with Bartlett at IP2 ,Catch this, there was so much abuse going on that it wa rumored that a yacht was on the Hudson having cocaine parties ??? I don't reaaly know details something along the lines of Jack , IP2 management ,etc . But hey thats how rumors go :-X :-X.Besides that IP2 wasn't to bad of a site for me. I was a newbie back then. (afro) (afro)
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Kime_B

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2003, 01:14 »
Can anyone give me an updated mailing address for 2 and 3?
Particularly for Dosimetry contacts, numbers, faxes...  

Much Thanks for your help!    Kime B

IPREGEN

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2003, 06:14 »
Here are two dosimetry numbers at IP2
914-788-2686
914-788-2694
That should be a start to help you get the rest

Kime_B

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2003, 07:20 »
     :)     Thank you IPREGEN!      :)

trailorqueen

Re: Rate Indian Point 2
« Reply #34 on: Nov 18, 2003, 09:39 »
Well, I've been to IP2 2 times.  The first time was the worst experience of my life.  But in all actuallity it didn't have that much to do with the plant as a whole.  I just seemed to have a little black cloud hanging over me and let's just say as long as I was at IP it was there.  4 months of pure hell.  All I did was sit at a checkpoint and twidle my thumbs for the entire time. And I know that is a bad thing to say, but I can still say that IP2's containment is the only one I don't lobby to go into.

The only reason that I went back a second time was because my husband wanted to go back.  I had a great time the second go around. I can say I learned alot from that outage.  I mean there were definately things that happen there that you don't see at most plants these days.  

My only suggestion is to stay out of the can, and if you like the clothes you have, don't wear them across any RCA line.  

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2003, 08:13 »
I know what U all mean, when U bsay i'll the pits....1 ST. time was 1980  S_ _ _ ed... ended up quiting. because Stan Horner told me to keep my HP practices out of it..........
12 years later I WENT back,, not bad   cahaged alot..
alll for the good....had a nitch....unit 1   ....RADWASTE..
We'll miss U MIKE   ( rmp  )   Kenny B.

IBENNUKED

« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:20 »
I was there in '95, I got there in Jan. left in April, I haven't been back... not enough money too much dose. But who knows what the future will bring.

duke99301

Indian Point 2 & 3
« Reply #37 on: Sep 10, 2004, 09:34 »

Offline dosetek

• Light User
Re: Indian Point 2 & 3
« Reply #38 on: Sep 10, 2004, 11:50 »
What gets me about these groups is what makes them think the opportunity of ramming planes into Indian Point wasn't available to them when they hit the WTC. My god they flew right over it. But something 100+ stories in the air is a little bigger and easier target than hitting a containment dome. They didn't have to be the best pilot in the world just aim at the big things standing up high in the air. :P

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #39 on: Sep 11, 2004, 12:49 »
3's OK   :), 2's No Way   :(!

IPREGEN

« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2004, 07:56 »
There have been several changes at Indian Point in the last two years. There have been HP supervisor changes a new RPM and a larger ALARA group. The way work is covered in the VC will also be different from now on.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #41 on: Sep 15, 2004, 06:30 »
Neffie Retire?  They'll find him pacing around the front gate, with pieces of chain link fence wedged between his fingers!

RG

NYJOHN

« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2004, 10:01 »
This is John Neff, no, I'm enjoying retirement. I'm a stay at home retiree - I say goodby to my wife when she goes to work in the morning. She won't retire because I'm home. I'm trying to make up for more than 20 years of neglecting house repairs. I have nothing but fond memories of both the house techs and contractors that worked at the plants. I believe we all had a good time working together. The hard work, of yours and a little of mine, finally paid off. I hope you all have the same opportunity to retire and set a way of life that you want.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2004, 02:11 by NYJOHN »

Iowa_HP

« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2004, 07:35 »
Congrats to you Neffie! I enjoyed working with you when I was @ IP2 a couple of years ago. You were great! Enjoy your retirement you earned it!
Happy Holidays!

doctormoo

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2004, 09:32 »
has there been anymore ufo sighting at the plant?????

NOLXXX

« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2005, 04:35 »
went to IP2 in the early 93'  got treated like poopies.

went to IP3 in 2001  treated nice.

whats the deal?
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2005, 10:40 by NOLXXX »

Iowa_HP

« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2005, 08:43 »
We need to keep posts free of offending language. Thanks for your assistance!

NOLXXX

« Reply #47 on: Feb 14, 2005, 10:39 »
I apoligize.,,,,,,, sorry

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
Re: Indian Point 2
« Reply #48 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:23 »
I've been there 4 times now, the first time was for the sgrp in 2000 got there in feb. didnt leave until dec. (thanks for paying for my house).  Like everyone states confusion = money in the bank

ramdog_1

Re: Indian Point 2
« Reply #49 on: Aug 30, 2005, 09:59 »
I spent almost a year and 1/2 there was the best time of my life and then the made me go over to IP3 to play the game. oh will go yankees,

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?