Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How early do you show up to work?  

Poll

How "early" do you report to work before start of shift?

Right on time.
4 (8.5%)
Five minutes early.
5 (10.6%)
Ten minutes early.
9 (19.1%)
Fifteen minutes early.
8 (17%)
Twenty minutes early.
8 (17%)
Twenty five minutes early.
5 (10.6%)
More than a half hour early.
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2007, 02:36

Author Topic: How early do you show up to work?  (Read 33501 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: How early do you show up to work?
« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2007, 09:39 »
If I do happen to be late I'll leave early so as to not be late twice in the same day.

:)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

greengoo

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2007, 10:02 »
I aim for at least 45 minutes early.  I always have some moron who I have to relieve and he never bothers to actually do HIS job, so I have to do it.  OR I do my personal favorite: walk in and plant a 75 yard field goal kick into his backside and tell him he has whatever time there is until I start to get his job done.  Then I go help him so I don't catch the heat.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 27, 2007, 06:27 »
Usually get in about 10 min. before turnover on nights when we're up and running and everthing is running smooth..,  gets the dayshift people out before the bell.  On time when its dayshift because we have those who like to come in and read the paper (straight days) so why come in early and bother them?  During outage lead tech, in 30 min. before shift and 30 min. after but at least I get paid for it :)
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

LaFeet

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:10 »
I aim for at least 45 minutes early.  I always have some moron who I have to relieve and he never bothers to actually do HIS job, so I have to do it.  OR I do my personal favorite: walk in and plant a 75 yard field goal kick into his backside and tell him he has whatever time there is until I start to get his job done.  Then I go help him so I don't catch the heat.

I understand, and hope I aint the guy you're talking abouot ::)

I hate being relieved late or even "at the buzzer".  Guess its from all those years on the submarines.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?