Pilgram

Above Average
20 (31.3%)
Average
18 (28.1%)
Below Average
26 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Pilgrim  (Read 126522 times)

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: Pilgrim
« Reply #125 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:36 »
Chemistry Supervisor

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #126 on: Mar 01, 2010, 11:26 »
Another place for Italian (if you are headed north) is Pacini's.  Exit 13 (Route 53 - Hanover Mall exit ) off 3...go away from mall...it's in that first shop complex on the right (it's too upscale to be a strip mall, but...).  Not much for ambiance, but the food is great...I especially recommend the grilled items.
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2010, 11:30 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #127 on: Apr 09, 2010, 07:21 »
well buf?  how about the blue-eyed?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #128 on: Apr 09, 2010, 11:42 »
well buf?  how about the blue-eyed?

I haven't had to go back.  I think it has a wonderful idea, with poor execution. 

I haven't completely crossed it off the list, because it was lunch when I went, and sometimes the good chef is the evening chef.  When your massage therapist took me to lunch there the preparation was average and/or over salted.

Also, they may have changed management since you were here.  How were portion/price ratios then?  Now, everything seems either under-sized, or over-priced...?

Anyway, it's nice to see a place trying to serve interesting, well-thought-out cuisine, so I will probably give them another shot at a future date...

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #129 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:00 »

There are some really great people at the plant and I reached a truce with the others, so was able to make my own fun.  

I would still be working Pilgrim, if family issues hadn't come up.  

BUT, I would NEVER recommend the plant to someone who wasn't from the area.

I'm from the area..... and I'm not sure I would like it there....
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #130 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:10 »
I can put up with just about anything to have all that fishing so close by.  I spent almost two years there quite awhile ago, I thought it was great. 
LM

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #131 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:49 »
I've never been to Pilgrim,...

but from what conversations I have had, if shine is there it can't be all bad,.... 8)

word brother shine,......word  8)

One ray of "Shine" would make it liveable... 8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #132 on: Dec 10, 2010, 11:42 »
Beleive it or not, PNPS is nothing like it was in the past. It's a very good place to work and the area is nice although winters are just too long. We even get about 75% returnees for our outages now!! Although I'm sure Massachusetts unemplyment plays into that somewhat.

Sun Dog

« Reply #133 on: Dec 10, 2010, 01:45 »
Beleive it or not, PNPS is nothing like it was in the past. It's a very good place to work and the area is nice although winters are just too long. We even get about 75% returnees for our outages now!! Although I'm sure Massachusetts unemplyment plays into that somewhat.

Sounds like someone has season tickets to Sox, Pats, Celts and Bruins!

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #134 on: Dec 10, 2010, 04:29 »
Just the Bruins!!!! Pats season is too cold, Sox season is either too cold, too hot or too wet and Celtic season is just too damned expensive!!

LaFeet

« Reply #135 on: Feb 01, 2011, 03:57 »
Heck I'd go there if they'd have me..... I enjoyed each day I worked there in the past

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?