Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Recent Posts

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,51257.msg220152.html#msg220152

I guess it's an annual story until the 2nd cleanup actually starts.  Maybe they'll find the treasure trove of HEU this time that was supposedly there and not found in the first site cleanup.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apollo_Affair
Maybe it was found and secretly hauled away! or it's more of today's drivel.
EEI Tests / Re: POSS (Power Plant Operator Selection System) Test
« Last post by Joshman19 on Apr 03, 2024, 02:38 »
Hi there, I have been researching here for a few days about the POSS test and have seen quite a few posts about the test and those posts have directed me in the right direction. I took the test about 5 years ago no study prep or practice tests taken and surprise surprise I didn't pass. So now I'm up for a potential internship and passing the POSS test is a requirement in order to get hired on. I am wondering if anyone on this forum has taken it recently and if anything has changed? I just want to put my best foot forward and get a chance at a full time job once the internship is finished. 
I have been studying math (algebra) and trying to brush up on all the stuff I forgot back in college. I graduated in 2012.
Another failed satirical attempt on my part. Although the mentioned groups were damn good at what they did, they were the poster dudes for the need to have RPTs around.

:) ;) 8)
Another failed satirical attempt on my part. Although the mentioned groups were damn good at what they did, they were the poster dudes for the need to have RPTs around.
I dont recall working with a larger group of radiation experts over the years, than from the Pittsburgh area. Refuelers, RCP crews, S/G's, and all the rest. This project will be a peace of cake.

Having worked at NRC regulated facilities, DOE regulated projects and Army corps of engineer's projects I have found differences that would not necessarily make power plant experience a good fit. Demolition and remediation involve characterization not needed in power plants and discover issues that are not part of established facilities. Also, I suspect that the power plant people would remain in in their lanes for the most part.

"That's just my opinion, I could be wrong." Dennis Miller
I dont recall working with a larger group of radiation experts over the years, than from the Pittsburgh area. Refuelers, RCP crews, S/G's, and all the rest. This project will be a peace of cake.
Radioactive nuclear waste burial ground in Pittsburgh area to be cleaned up by federal government

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/radioactive-nuclear-waste-burial-ground-armstrong-county-parks-township/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?