Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Eryll McPhee  

Author Topic: Eryll McPhee  (Read 9248 times)

Offline Meltdown

• Moderate User
  • Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?             $upporting Member
Eryll McPhee
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:07 »
Eryll was hit on his way in to work this morning and passed away at the scene. He worked at Oconee for many outages and will be missed.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/23460137/detail.html
Meltdown

"I know that there is an eye that watches all of us. There is a judgment that weighs everything we do. And before this great force, which is greater than any government, I stand in awe and I kneel in respect." L. Cohen

Offline CaptainNemo

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Eryll McPhee
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:37 »
Eryll was a wonderful guy. He loved being an HP. He loved his family and it showed. We have missed his smile at the Progress Energy Sites but we understood his reasons to head for Duke so he could pursue what he truly wanted to do.......be an HP. It was a pleasure to know him. Tammy, i know he loved you. I am sure there are no words to express how sorry we are to hear this news. But know, we are thinking of you and your family. If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to call.

Jim & Sabrina

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:53 »
I am so sorry to get this news.  I worked several outages at CNS and ONS with Eryll.  He was a great Tech and a loyal friend and coworker.  Eryll loved his family.  Tammy it was always a joy to hear him talk about you.  He truly loved you more than anything.  I will pray for you and yours.  Your loss is great.  This is a sad day for the Nuclear Industry and the Duke Power HP family.

CNB

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 05:14 »
This is such a sad day not just for me but for everyone that new Eryll. Just yesterday he was telling me that he was going to ride his bike to work because the weather was going to be sunny today. He would always talk about his family   especially Tammy and tell me how much he loved her and the children. Eryll was one of the best friends that a person could ask for. We would talk about marching band and how proud he was of his daughter  He was always telling how proud he was of the boys too.We would talk  about fishing on lake Keowee from his balcony. He was a great HP and a better friend. Eryll I know you are in heaven and looking down on us now. I will be praying that the family can get through this terrible accident. Just keep it in your heart that Eryll is in heaven making a place for the rest of us. I know we will see him again there one day and we can sit around and  talk about fishing again. You will be missed my friend!

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 05:50 »
I'm so sorry to hear about Eryll. I worked with him at Oconnee and Brunswick a few years ago and tought he was a great guy. My heart goes out to his family.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31 »
Sorry to here about Eryll. He was such a nice fellow. He will be missed.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49 »
It's a real sad day when I have to hear that a long friend, coworker and a family man has passed!!. Earl as we called him was always thinking of others and how he could help. I know as well as myself others will miss him so!!!May GOD  bless and take him with open arms for we have lost and he will truly be missed
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Whalla2U

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57 »
We can never say enough how great of a guy Eryll was.  I enjoyed listening to him talk of his family, which usually ended with him going to meet his Bride.  Eryll is and has always been an angel.   

Offline Timrod

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:37 »
Eryll was a great guy...I worked with Eryll for over 10 years at RNP as a deconner.  Eryll was always talking of his family and got the Superman tattoo...But the S was for his 3 children's first initial.  He also put a small T for Tammy.  He loved life and HP work.  I will truly miss Eryll.  REST IN PEACE Professor.  Tim

vinman

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 04:42 »
I worked with Earl many times when I was on the road as a deconner.  Earl was a very genuine individual and good friend to all that knew him.  I will miss him.  GOD bless you Earl.

Offline gravy58

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 10:35 »
Eryll, was one of the most honest people I knew. If he was your friend, you were one of the lucky ones. I remember when he made SR. Tech. a few years ago and he was so proud of himself, made me proud being an RP just talking to him. Tammy if I don't get a chance to talk to you, let me know if there is anything I can do. I know times will be hard for you, but remember that Eryll is in a better place and he has alot of friends that are still here if you need us.

God Bless

John Garverick

vikingfan

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:46 »
i met Eryll in 2005 i believe it was while we were both working as deconners at v.csummer. during our time there he shared with me many a story about fishing, his love for Tammy and his children. he always was positive about things and that's one of his qualities i will never forget ! Tammy god bless you and your family. you will be in everyone's prayers.

James Jablonski

Offline tri-foil

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 05:09 »
The family of Eryll McPhee would like to express many thanks for your generous outpouring of sympathies and prayers.  Tammy and her children were VERY moved to read all of the posts here at nukeworker. 

We would like to invite anyone who is able to attend his memorial service at Brown-Pennington-Atkins Funeral Home (http://www.bpafuneralhome.com/) at 306 West Home Avenue in Hartsville, SC on Saturday, May 8, 2010.  The family will receive visitors from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and the memorial service will begin at 1:00pm.

Please continuing praying for his family as we struggle with this terrible and unexpected loss.

Offline PTuski

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 10:08 »
Tammy:
Eryll was one of the most honest, hard working and loved his family guy...We will miss his
smiling face...but we will always remember the good Decon and HP times!! If you need anything
please let us all know.  You and your family are in our prayers..
Peggy Laun Tschuschke

joetazzz

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 06:35 »
 Tammy
I'Am sorry for your lost ! Eryll was a good friends and Coworker.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?