Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu System Operator in Training

Author Topic: System Operator in Training  (Read 5902 times)

B.PRESGROVE

System Operator in Training
« on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:51 »
What does this position entail?  The job I saw posted for it said you have to sit through an 16 month training class.  What else does this job do?  I used the search and didnt find anything of value so maybe yall can enlighten me. ???

DSO

Re: System Operator in Training
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2009, 12:46 »
What does this position entail?  The job I saw posted for it said you have to sit through an 16 month training class.  What else does this job do?  I used the search and didnt find anything of value so maybe yall can enlighten me. ???
I am.a distribution system operator...a.system operator is usually transmission. Operations ie grid operations...where is this position at?,

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:49 »
If this is at Southern Nuclear it is the same position as some utilities term an AO (Aux Operator), PEO (Plant Equipment Operator) along with several names.  It is the operator working in the field performing plant rounds, taking local readings for equipment.  The "in training" is the position title for the position while the individual is in the training phase for the job.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:53 »
Unless ya don't pass GFES, in which case it might be "Southern Offers Instant Termination"   :-\

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2011, 04:40 »
Unless ya don't pass GFES, in which case it might be "Southern Offers Instant Termination"   :-\

LMAO

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:06 »

I Love It!!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?