Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rick Perry's vision of hot tub-sized nuclear power plants isn't so far-fetched  

Author Topic: Rick Perry's vision of hot tub-sized nuclear power plants isn't so far-fetched  (Read 2176 times)

TVA

Very far fetched

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
he should put won inn the basement @ 1000 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20585-1290
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
he should put won inn the basement @ 1000 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20585-1290

He may not mind. The portables that are proposed are about the size of a submarine reactor or smaller, if shielded as well they would not even notice it. With the exception of the duty ELT and the occasional young hot bunking sailor who slept over a nuke everyone on board received less exposure than someone ashore from natural radiation. I think a self contained micro reactor would be better for a basement though. Toshiba proposed one but it is 8 years behind schedule ;)

https://www.engadget.com/2007/12/19/toshibas-building-a-micro-nuclear-reactor-for-your-garage/

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
having won oar the udder on d.o.e. headquarters sight wood make a grate point, regardless of design.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
having won oar the udder on d.o.e. headquarters sight wood make a grate point, regardless of design.

Agree... walk the walk

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?