Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Physical Requirements

Author Topic: Physical Requirements  (Read 6262 times)

thelonerx

Physical Requirements
« on: Jul 10, 2006, 08:14 »
 I'm a Depper who signed up for nuke. While at MEPS, I barely made the height and weight requirements to even join the Navy (I was at 21.5% and the maximum is 22% body fat). I'm not an inactive guy, I lift weights and run almost everyday. I have been running and working out everyday since I was in MEPS back in June. My question is this, If I dont pass the height and weight requirements before I ship to boot camp, what will happen?

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Physical Requirements
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2006, 08:31 »
If you are seriously fit, you can have a different measurement of body fat. Did the Navy still use that waist size - neck size vs. height chart? I had a room-mate that was so skinny they put him on ordered extra meals at Nuke School; he measured 20% because of his Olive Oyl neck!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

nucruiter

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:37 »
If you don't pass the height/weight or the body fat at meps before you ship, you will NOT ship to boot camp that day.

They will do one of two things.
a. you will be removed from DEP.  You will be allowed to rejoin once you get in under the standards. (not guaranteed same program)
b. They will move your ship date out to give you time to lose the weight.  If you are only a few pounds over, this is the route they will take. 
   b1.  This will immensely anger your recruiter.
   b2.  This won't be a lot of fun for you.

My advise.  Sounds to me like your diet sucks.  What you put into your body greatly influences your body structure.  I know this because I have been as much as 40 pounds over the navy weight limit, but have never failed the body fat.  I am now less than ten pounds over the limit, and working on getting under the limit (186 for me)  I have not excercised at all.  (well a little)  It has been all diet, and over 30 pounds in a couple months.  Every recruiting station has someone or knows someone who can help you out with this.  If you are seriously worried, get with them. 
If you are in South Florida, call your Nuclear contact (ME)

thelonerx

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2006, 08:01 »
thanks for the responses,by the way.

as far as the neck/waist measurement vs. height thing that was used, yes, that was done to take my body fat percentage.  as far as my diet is concerned, i am a very health conscious guy. i take a multivitamin every morning, i drink soymilk instead of regular milk, and avoid fried food and starches whenever I can. but I dont have any worries about getting into the "Fat Boy" program, for a big guy like me, i'm in pretty good shape. it's just the body measurements that concern me.

Tru

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2006, 08:55 »
haha dude ur the complete oposite of me man.
i take my vitamins at night cuz i dont know wat the mornin truly is.
but hey it dont really matter as long as ur underweight really thats all they really care about. the body fat is mainly used for if u weigh too much but if ur under the limit it should be cool.
man i gotta start runnin my ass off more.
hey if u really wanna lose weight jus stop drinkin so much water n stuff lean urself out before bootcamp dont bulk up anymore thats the key. the most weight that u probably have is due to water weight. think of it as though ur tryin to reach a limit like a boxer to lose that extra pound or 2 the seat it off usin the sauna or watever trust me it works.

thelonerx

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2006, 07:26 »
thanks....i'm gonna break out my celery sticks and carrots...lol. but i'm not going to be too worried anymore, it's like an average of 70-90 degrees each day over here and between walking everywhere (no car), doing my 45 minutes of running, and not pigging out on junk food...i hope i will get lean by my ship date.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?