Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Power School Question

Author Topic: Power School Question  (Read 17845 times)

bigpapa

Re: Power School Question
« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2007, 11:49 »
BZ on the comp CP. You should do well at at prototype. Best of luck shippie.
bp

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2007, 09:47 »
One other thing - when Im working from 8 am to 8 pm how am I supposed to get anything done in my personal life? Can I get suggestions on how to do things? I'm super confused about how to do my day to day living. Sigh... navy giveth ... .navy taketh away! :)

Many details by new Navy Nukes I had nearly forgotten. 12 hour days are not so far in my past (working 6-12's outages and rotating 12's for 3 or 4 days at a time non-outage at a commercial nuke). You can't put things off, but must be proactive. You should have enough clothing to last through a stretch of work days (or nights). Prepare your clothing on your days off. Then take that same attitude towards other events: car, credit card, insurance, and other payments need to be dealt with on your days off. If you don't have the money in the bank to mail them early, put them in a folder for mailing after payday.

You can never make it playing catch-up. Get ahead and stay there.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2007, 03:25 »
Haha I heard about this!!! MM3 Cook was in my A school class, who was absolutely amazing in power school. He went from, I believe right around a 3.0 from A school to a 3.6 ish in power school. :)

Haha anyway! - Im up at the MARF plant in Ballston Spa. I must say this is a BIG BIG change from power school. Strict standards went right out the window. Some of these guys give us crap for saying "petty officer". I call e4's petty officer for crying out loud lol. Its just what I do. Do people out in the fleet care about that? Or will they still just give me a hard time? lol

One other thing - when Im working from 8 am to 8 pm how am I supposed to get anything done in my personal life? Can I get suggestions on how to do things? I'm super confused about how to do my day to day living. Sigh... navy giveth ... .navy taketh away! :)

Thanks everyone.

Which crew?

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?