Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu radiography training manual

Author Topic: radiography training manual  (Read 5968 times)

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
radiography training manual
« on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:06 »
Several years ago I had a copy of book written primarily for radiographers about radiation safety.  It had a series of particularly graphic photos of what happens if you put a Ir192 source in your hip pocket.  Does anyone remember the title and perhaps know where to get a copy.  Mine disapeared many years ago. Seeing pictures someones ass falling off tends to sharpen the concentration of people on radiography job briefing.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2007, 10:29 by grantime »
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

alphadude

Re: radiaography training manual
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:39 »
i worked with the guy who put the shiny object in his pocket. he took it into his supervisors office and threw it on his desk only to see him run out of the office. he had a nice chunk of his cheek missing. he worked at trojan in 79.

rooney

Re: radiography training manual
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2007, 06:33 »
The book is called Working Safely in Gamma Radiography. September 1982 Authors are Stephen A. McGuire and Carol A. Peabody. Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Washington, D.C. 20555

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: radiography training manual
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2007, 10:54 »
dr dan gollnicks book has sum uv these piktures.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?