Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuke Security Clearance

Author Topic: Nuke Security Clearance  (Read 7779 times)

drbyyz

Nuke Security Clearance
« on: Apr 03, 2007, 01:08 »
So I'm sitting here reading this forum waiting for my ship out date to get here and I've seen lots of stuff about people not getting, or having a hard time getting, their security clearances and it's making me a little uneasy.  So I did a little forum searching and didn't really find any great answers to some specific questions I have about it.

First off, I'm not in the best financial situation, I have quite a bit of debt but I'm making my monthly payments and everything.  However, there is one charge that a collection agency has that my mom and I are disputing at the moment, Its from an old apartment and its money they shouldn't have even charged me, but the point remains that a collection agency is after it.  Now assuming we get that taken care of during the first week or so of boot camp, or even before I leave is that going to be a problem?  And is my debt going to be a problem even though I'm taking care of it appropriately?

Second, I've left 2 of my jobs on somewhat bad terms, not neccessarily any fault of mine, but to the point where I have a feeling the employers might not give off a great opinion of me if contacted by the Navy.  Even though I could explain the situations and why there were problems, I doubt the Navy really cares for my side of the story.  So how likely is it that they Navy will contact them?  And how much will what they say count towards my clearance?

One last thing, I'm very curious about who the Navy will contact off of my paperwork.  I've heard stories that some people had everyone on their list contacted and even people that weren't and I've heard people that say no one was contacted.  I guess this just varies case by case depending on the information they need about you.  Anyway thanks in advance for any insight.

znowman

Re: Nuke Security Clearance
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2007, 02:38 »
Not speaking from personal experience though I think you will be ok.  But take that with a grain of salt.

But adding to the question of Nuke Security Clearance, if one of your parents is not a US citizen, will that affect your chances of getting in?

drbyyz

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2007, 03:08 »
I saw a thread about the parent issue recently.  I can't remember exactly what the answer was, but it seems like there is a waiver for that.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2007, 08:51 »
There is a waiver for your parents or you being a natrualised citizen. The process has gotten way better in the past years. When I was at NNPTC in 99 there where people stuck on T track (inbetween A school and power school) for a long time, one guy had been ther for over a year (he was Canadian naturalized). And then other times they completely screw up your clearance I got to my first ship and found out that my clearance had never been applied for! took about 2 months to get it

Trinian23

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2007, 01:06 »
The clearances vary from time to time. Keep in mind that the initial clearance that you are getting is just a Confidential clearance, these are a dime a dozen and barely worth the time to process the paperwork. This is what will get you into A-school. If you end up going subs, you will be getting a Secret clearance. The thing is, usually the ever present beauracracy will only check about one out of ten clearance requests in depth (i.e. doing interviews, etc). So recomendation: 1) Keep paying off your debt, that shows that you are not ignoring your financial problems. 2) Don't worry about the former employers, if there ever is a question, the people doing the investigation will come by and interview you and give you an opportunity to explain your side of the story. If the people that they contact have a bad taste in their mouth because of you, they don't automatically believe them. They have been doing this type of thing for a long time and know what they are doing (as much as any government employee can know what they are doing) Good luck and thanks for your service!
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2007, 01:08 by Trinian23 »

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2007, 10:11 »
there was one gir..ehm, female, who classed up in the class ahead of me. turns out, they never even filed the paperwork for her clearance and mistakenly had listed her as having it. they pulled her out of class and put her back on T-Track. she ended up classing up 2 classes after me.

it all seems like a big fustercluck to me.

Samabby

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2007, 10:58 »
" there was one gir..ehm, female "

Better work on this attitude, my young friend.  :(

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2007, 05:30 »
" there was one gir..ehm, female "

Better work on this attitude, my young friend.  :(

it wasnt attitude, i just remembered to be PC at the last minute and thought the humor would be reflected in the way it was written.

ive managed not to rack up any CMEO violations so far...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?