Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu food, pt, free time

Author Topic: food, pt, free time  (Read 6657 times)

navyballa3

food, pt, free time
« on: Jun 11, 2007, 01:51 »
I know all your time is spent studying but the little free time you do get what is there to do to keep sane? Can u bring a tv? Join the local YMCA? Oh yea how is the food?

JustinHEMI05

Re: food, pt, free time
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2007, 11:03 »
Ah, not sure what you know about the military, but they give you everything you need including but not limited to... food (sucks), clothes (sucks), a gym, a blanket, soap, toothbrush, razors, a bed, a roof, and yes, even a TV. And your free time in the pipeline is solely a function of how smart you are and how much trouble you stay out of. I had all the free time in the world since I was on "vols" the entire time and I barely put in an extra hour. And in prototype, I was a "time traveler"  and most of the time I put in less time than the staff. I was smart enough to cruise through though and stay under the radar. Now you can't do that though since everything is computerized. And although they have dumbed down the program for the last decade, the last few years have REALLY seen a huge drop in actual required knowledge and standards. You used to have to take your own notes. Now you get to fill in the blanks. You don't even have to know how the core is actually constructed anymore. But amazingly, people still fail out... mostly because of immaturity and poor time management. Although the material isn't that challenging, the pace at which they cram it down your throat can be. Goodluck.

Justin
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2007, 08:58 by JustinHEMI05 »

LaFeet

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2007, 12:32 »
You used to have to take your own notes. Now you get to fill in the blanks. You don't even have to know how the core is actually constructed anymore. Justin

Is this true??? Could the great knowledge that was the TOME T-1 Reactor Materials no longer required???  Should T-8 be shredded??

Some Nuke Instructor out there tell me this is not so....  (or mayhap I'll sign up for another stab at nuke school)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:58 »
That's why is it called 'military SERVICE', not 'personal enrichment' or 'leisure world'. I'd worry more about making the grade and being successful, off-duty will suggest itself afterwards

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:56 »
Is this true??? Could the great knowledge that was the TOME T-1 Reactor Materials no longer required???  Should T-8 be shredded??

Some Nuke Instructor out there tell me this is not so....  (or mayhap I'll sign up for another stab at nuke school)

Well I am a prototype instructor and I can tell you its true. I remember the PPM revs to take it all out just about 2 years ago. It is sad.

Justin

LaFeet

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2007, 09:58 »
 I am shocked by the turn of events for Nuke School........ Hope Naval Reactors have not lowered their standards too

Sirveri

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2007, 03:06 »
I am shocked by the turn of events for Nuke School........ Hope Naval Reactors have not lowered their standards too

Naval Reactors! I love those guys SO much! One time one of them came down to my boat in drydock, and couldn't find maneuvering. I heard that when he finally did find maneuvering he made a comment about having to spend 20 minutes looking for it.

To be fair, it was relocated to a conex box next to the boat, but still, I was definately not fear struck by our freindly bumbling NR monitor.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2007, 04:20 »
I know all your time is spent studying but the little free time you do get what is there to do to keep sane? Can u bring a tv? Join the local YMCA? Oh yea how is the food?

you will ship to SC with only your sea and garment bag from boot camp onece there you can have a tv any thing you want from home you will have to have mailed (expensive) there is a home of record move option but I don't recomend it you will have enough on your plate without having to deal with PPO (personal property office) they suck everywhere. Join the YMCA dont bother the school has a pretty good gym (keep active it helps keep you sane) the food at NNPTC is the best in the navy however that dosn't say much you will think when you get there if this is the best whats the worst. In reality its not that bad and the wings joint right off base is good not great but good.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?