Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Options with uncertain discharge date
Options with uncertain discharge date

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?

Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Nuke Shop

People online
25 Guests, 1 User

View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Nov 24, 2015, 10:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Options with uncertain discharge date  (Read 2373 times)
« on: Mar 24, 2008, 04:18 »

Background on me:
12yr nuke MM(SS).  MLPO, AQAO, SPU, 6yrs on Sub.
Being med boarded out for condition that disqualifies me from sea duty but rarely interferes with my ability to work.

The problem I have at the moment is not having a timeline.  I'm being told anywhere from 4-6 months for the med board process to be completed.  Once the med board is over the doctor said I'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 weeks until discharge, but I won't have a discharge date until the med board is complete.  From what I've read/heard/been told, no companies are even going to consider interviews or my resume until I have a set discharge date. 

This brings the questions: Are there plants classing up in the fall for operators?  How difficult is it to get into outage work quickly if unable to start a full time job relatively quickly?  Is there other work in the field that I haven't considered?

With the current housing market I don't realistically expect that my house will sell quickly and will need to supplement my savings to cover costs until the house is sold so finding an income quickly will be a major factor in my job hunt initially.  Waiting 4-6 months to class up in January is not really an option without some temporary work that will cover my expenses where I'm working and pay the mortgage until I can sell the house.  Any advice would be appreciated
Very Heavy User

Best Band Detroit Music Awards, 5 Years Running!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2008, 05:18 »

This might help you some with the Med Board Process. I'm an expert on Med Boards!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Jump to: