I'm leaving for Great Lakes in three weeks, and I had a couple of questions about the Nuke program and I happened on this site and I've been stuck to my chair for a long while now (Very engrossing reading, although I can't pretend I actually comprehend all the acronyms and in-jokes). So, the questions:
1) I thought I knew the possible jobs in the nuke field (ET, EM, MM) but from reading I guess there are more?
2) When are those chosen/assigned?
3) If a Nuke is going sub, when, where, and for how long is the submarine training?
4) I have an account in collection right now, which I am making payments on and which I will pay off when I finish training and get my bonus. My recruiter has told me that since I am paying on it and will have it paid off after training, it shouldn't affect my security clearance. It's a small debt (under $4k at this point) but coupled with all my student loans and the fact that my credit is not great (600 or so), do I have any reason to be worried? Other than the money thing, I'm squeaky. No drugs, aced the ASVAB (NUC line 271), never left the country, born in the USA, call my mother regularly, etc. So, if I'm just being my normal worrywart self, please tell me so.
5) If anyone has gone to NNPTC while married, is there an average turn-around time for getting moving leave to get my wife down to SC?
Thanks in advance for anyone's help. It will help ease my mind, as I do have a tendency to get nervous when things start seeming to go well.