Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Application

Author Topic: NUPOC Application  (Read 6392 times)

ialsoagree

NUPOC Application
« on: Nov 03, 2008, 01:38 »
Howdy, I've trolled around here for nearly a year doing some research and exploring a lot of different opinions and options. I thought it was time for my first post.

I'm finishing my Sophmore year of college (at my 4 year school, this is actually my 8th semester of college).

I decided to apply for NUPOC and just finished my application this weekend, got everything mailed in and now it's just time to wait. Very excited to have a chance at this program and especially to start getting prepared for the interviews. Any good wishes or prayers would be greatly appreciated. =)

JustinHEMI05

Re: NUPOC Application
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2008, 07:28 »
Goodluck! Keep us posted!

Justin

Samabby

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2008, 11:07 »
Do I have this right- your school has four semesters per year? 8)

ialsoagree

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2008, 11:16 »
Haha, no, sorry for the confusion. I got my AS from a community college, took me 2 and a half years because I wasn't sure what I wanted to be doing (taking science semesters my last year changed *everything*). I picked up an extra semester after that due to having late college applications denied, and then transfered in the spring to my four year school. Having done one semester there already this makes my 8th semester or the end of my 4th year of college.

Fortunately, I payed most of my college semesters at my CC out of pocket so I still have loans for another 2 years. I have 2 more years after this semester at my 4 year school. Part of me is sitting here thinking "and you want to go BACK to school for another year+ after graduating? Are you crazy?" but I know it'll be a blast and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Samabby

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2008, 11:35 »
You seem like a dedicated guy. Good luck with your career.

ialsoagree

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2008, 02:06 »
Thanks for the kind words. Someone else on the forms it put it pretty well when they said the kindness seems almost too good to be true. When I was first learning about NUPOC the program itself seemed almost too good to be true as well. The more I learn about it, the more it seems that way.

I know it won't be all fun, but learning nuclear science is something I'm genuinely interested in doing (and being interested in something is pretty much how I've led my college career which has worked out very well). The chance to serve on a sub is also very appealing. All the benefits that NUPOC provides on top of that in terms of money, experience, etc. seems to only be icing (really good icing) on the cake.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?