Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share


NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Nuclear Plant Security Clearance
Full RCT Study Guide
Nuclear Plant Security Clearance

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?


  Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

  Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Nuke Shop

People online
47 Guests, 0 Users
View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Feb 13, 2016, 02:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nuclear Plant Security Clearance  (Read 13311 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 02:46 »

Sorry folks I am new to this site..Great one by the way!!!
How can a Person obtain a clearance to work at a nuclear power house in the electrical field? Would this fall under the form SF 86 to get started? Or Would this fall under a Q or L clearance from the department of entergy, DOE. If thats the case. I believe that has to come from the contractor.

Lets say the contractor says you need Your clearance in hand to start the job. Once again,How would you obtain the clearance ..
Thank you
Light User

Karma: 92
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 32

Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:59 »


First, you have to get offered a job at a commercial nuke, then your hiring company will have you submit the forms to start your security clearance, whether direct hire or contractor.  Most contractor companies want you to already have your unescorted access (or at least less than 1 year since you had one) before they submit you for acceptance at the utility.

You don't do it the other way around (get cleared, then find work).  It's an expensive and time-consuming process.

Good luck with the job search.....

Just because they say life originated in the sea doesn't mean it crawled out of a submarine.  JC Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.
RSS for Messages RSS for Pictures RSS for Pictures