Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Difficulties getting in...help please....

Author Topic: Difficulties getting in...help please....  (Read 4315 times)

Offline heywaitfourme

• Light User
Difficulties getting in...help please....
« on: Mar 02, 2009, 10:07 »
Hi, my name is Leo. I've been reading this forum for a few months now and I've finally had enough from my recruiters. I've been trying to get into the Navy Nuke program as an MM since october. Some background info on me is as follows:

I put 6 years in the Army, 3.5 active duty, the remainder in the National Guard. I was deployed for 2 years to Kosovo. I have 10.5 months left on the IRR. I've been qualified for the Nuke program thru my asvab scores and the nfqt. I passed my physical and the physical fitness test I was given.

Now the fun stuff.....when it came time for me to get my conditional release from the IRR, my recruiters did NOTHING to help. I had to call the IG from my previous guard unit and get the number for the HRC office in St. Louis. After that, I had to have the paper signed myself as the recruiters didn't lend any help at all. Once the recruiters were given that paper, (the last one they needed) they didn't submit my paper work for a month. They told me that it's a waiting game and when they feel like doing it they will. Also stated that I'm not a priority because I don't really count for anything since I'm prior service. Well, it's been 6 months now and I'm waiting on an ECM waiver. It's been over a month and I've heard nothing. I've tried talking with other recruiters but once they called the MEPS that has my paper work and found out that they are waiting on the ECM, they can't do anything.

If anyone can help, or lend me some advice, please do so. I'm ready to go. This is what I've wanted to do for a while, hence the reasoning for me pursuing the Navy Nuke. I've also explained this to the recruiters that I'm ready to leave the same week as I sign the contract.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Offline heywaitfourme

• Light User
Re: Difficulties getting in...help please....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009, 11:19 »
The recruiter I'm dealing with is a MM in the Nuke field. Has been for 10 years. I'm also in contact with the nuke recruiter for my area, the same guy that gave me the nfqt.

Thank you for the links.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009, 11:22 »
Thanks for your service, and persistence! +K to ya!

Offline heywaitfourme

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 11:36 »
I just read through all of the above links. I've done everything thats been suggested to include contacting the MEPS directly for answers. Everyone keeps telling me to just WAIT. I've waited since October, HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT?

Are there any nuke recruiters on this site for the North Eastern states? I'm located in PA and I'm ready to join, last october.

I have been in contact with a few people currently in Charleston, SC about the program and it really is what I want. They are also baffled as to why I've been waiting this long. They claim that the Navy is looking for Nukes in the worst way and that the MM school has been starting a new class every week.

Sorry for the long posts, I'm just very frustrated.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009, 12:21 »
I just read through all of the above links. I've done everything thats been suggested to include contacting the MEPS directly for answers. Everyone keeps telling me to just WAIT. I've waited since October, HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT?

Are there any nuke recruiters on this site for the North Eastern states? I'm located in PA and I'm ready to join, last october.

I have been in contact with a few people currently in Charleston, SC about the program and it really is what I want. They are also baffled as to why I've been waiting this long. They claim that the Navy is looking for Nukes in the worst way and that the MM school has been starting a new class every week.

Sorry for the long posts, I'm just very frustrated.

Consider this your first training situation.  The lesson to be learned is that the Navy will do things in their own sweet time.  Whether that is relatively quick or slow depends on how it benefits the Navy.  Case in point, if you owe the Navy money due to overpayment(it happens) be sure that the Navy will have most if not all of that money taken out of your next check(financial hardships are taken into consideration).  If the Navy owes you money, you might see it in a few months. 

I understand that you hate the idea of waiting, but guess what....There is going to be A LOT OF WAITING.  Much of that waiting is going to be for the sake of waiting because something just might come up.  Sometimes you are required to come in early to do some stuff, and then wait for a long time before doing some other stuff when it would have been just as easy to leave out the waiting part in your mind.  Sometimes there will be procedures that have waiting built into them for very good reason, and you have to wait or else things go bad quickly. 

Patience is a virtue, and for a nuke, it is a must.   
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline heywaitfourme

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009, 10:21 »
The waiting does not bother me, its the lack of answers I'm receiving from the recruiters and the regional nuke guy.

I know all about the hurry and wait process, I spent 6 years in the Army, 2 of which I spent overseas on deployment. Ever do a protection run for a transportation convoy? Thats HURRY HURRY HURRY....okay wait four or five hours...now hurry hurry hurry....

I thank you guys for your all your answers and help. I finally got a few answers yesterday and the recruiters are doing one H$%L of a job. The main people in charge up in my local MEPS said the normal time frame for a nuke to get in is around 6 months, and seeing as how I'm prior service, and waiting on an ECM waiver in 5 months, thats pretty good. I dunno if it's believeable but all I can do is wait wait wait.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?