Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Stuck in Security

Author Topic: Stuck in Security  (Read 4204 times)

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
Stuck in Security
« on: Nov 05, 2009, 05:49 »
My application was submitted about 2 months ago. It has made it to DC, and now I am awaiting an invitation to interview for the NUPOC program. The only problem is that my application is stuck in security(for about a month). My recruiter has done a good job keeping me updated and he says I'll get an interview before January, but I'm curious if anyone else had trouble with security?

I'm not really sure why I'm stuck there. I've been an American all my life, my immediate family members all live in the states(except for a 18 yr old sister who just moved to Australia to live with some extended family for a year), I never did drugs, have never been arrested, and can't think of anything that might be a red flag.

Does anyone know the process of getting through security?
If you where held up in security, how long did it take to get through?
Is there anything I should be doing to get it cleared faster?
What other aspects of your life do they look at for security?

Thanks,
neutrons... Neutrons... NEUTRONS!

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
Re: Stuck in Security
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2009, 12:54 »
:-)

I can do patience. I think its just a little concern since I know the normal process doesn't get held up this long (even my recruiter says its abnormal).

I guess I'm just looking for anyone else whom may have been in this situation and if they know what held up their application.

Perhaps there is someone NR is trying to get in touch with. I have one particular reference, a buddy working as an ER doc now, whom is semi-impossible to reach sometimes. Could that be the case?

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2009, 05:55 by greenbean »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2009, 06:14 »
They are likely reviewing your previous posts on this site to assess your stability.  Be patient.  The process may seem slow but there is much at stake.

Considering the sobering events of this week, internet posts certainly DO play a part in determining access control. More than one squid has gotten themselves in trouble for online postings...

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2009, 09:10 »
Well, except for a post about possible thorium research and asking questions about the different Nuclear Officer programs, I don't think I've said anything foolish.

I live in College Station, TX and Ft. Hood is not that far from here. My friend's dad was on the base about 300 ft from the attack. Scary stuff.

Everyone we know is okay, but we've had vigils for those whom where hurt and killed.

Truthfully, my desire to serve grows every day as I realize how dangerous the world is becoming. We need to protect our people and keep a force ready to stop this evil.

Thanks again to all of you who served or are currently serving in our armed forces. I'm looking forward to joining your ranks.

SSBN_SeaWolf

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2009, 12:40 »
My process took 9 months, I was SWO select in August. So from Start to Finish, better part of 6 months +. BE PATIENT. Focus on passing the interviews and make sure you can do all the problems. Once you get there, no matter how quick or how later. It wouldnt matter if you dont get accepted. Focus on what you can control, you should have faith in your OR. He or She will get you in as fast as they can, as soon NR feels ready to invite you.

PM me if you have questions.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2009, 09:30 »
Just a little at ease time here.  Ive had several security clearences in my life time so far and I will agree that is takes time for these to process (I worked on Johnston Atoll for six months and my TS came in the day I was leaving the island to come home).  As a matter of fact a good friend of mine works for DOD as a clearence fact finder and he tells me it usually takes anywhere from a 1 to 6 months depending on person and whats going on in DOD at the time.  If you havent done anything then just sit tight and let it run its course, patiences is the virtue of the day. ;)

Offline greenbean

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2009, 05:28 »
Got cleared :-)

Now to continue studying. Thankfully most of the information covered in the study guide is really fresh for me, but I want to make sure I know it backwards and forwards.

Thanks for the reassurances and encouragement to be patient.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:23 »
Congratulations! Keep us posted!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?