Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What military life is really like!!! honeypot

Author Topic: What military life is really like!!!  (Read 12085 times)

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
What military life is really like!!!
« on: Jan 09, 2010, 08:25 »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: What military life is really like!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2010, 08:39 »
The green being magnified 10x for visibility

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2010, 10:58 »
LMAO now that is nice!

imthehoopa

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2010, 12:38 »
This topic has just been added to the collection of useful posts.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:32 »
YES Cleaning!! I was upset as an Executive And Training Officer of A Army Nuclear Biological Chemical Training Company.  I believed our grades were not as good as they could be. The commander gave out a Platoon of the day for their cleaniness of their area. The Drill seargeants made a big deal about who got this each day, they also punished their trainees for not getting it.  Privates were buffing and scrubbing every night to get this award for their Drill Seargeant.  Well being a NUB LT whose company was doing poorly in their training as compared to the other company I said we need to do away with this.  They did this during Basic Training. We just need to have acceptable barracks and have one big inspection on Saturday since their usually is no class on this day.  Then just have pass fail.  Well this went over like a turd in the punch bowl and I had to sit and watch this stupidity for the next year as each Drill seargeant made the greatest drama out of this.  Bay of the day was their greatest fantasy and they fought for this everyday.  Only the fear of grave registrations I believe made the trainees work extra hard on their classes too!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010, 07:33 by thenukeman »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:38 »
Well cleanliness is next to godliness.  So as far as I can figure, the Navy itself is as close to a god on Earth as you can get.  8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:43 »
Well cleanliness is next to godliness.  So as far as I can figure, the Navy itself is as close to a god on Earth as you can get.  8)

More like a purgatory from Dante, where you are in a steamy engine room , sweaty and covered with filth on the WestPac perpetually rolling the boat up a hill....

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:51 »
Twice on a chance that Rickover may visit our boat we were on a "Field Day" for a week with no visit from the Admiral either time.

Karlsmith

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:28 »
OMG ... but my heart says this is wrong, all the military guys I know are really good at their duties.  :o

Offline LivinginParadise

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:44 »
I tend to disagree with the above pie chart. The red part is right, but the green part is way wrong. 90% of that green part is explaining and proving that what you're about to do is right, 5% is waiting for the secretary, I mean O-type to second guess you, and then the last 5% is actually doing the job.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:16 »

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.  Where is the about to puke emoticon when you need it? :-\
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Y2K

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:13 »

Here you go:

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?