Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Exelon Outages  

Author Topic: Exelon Outages  (Read 9150 times)

jharris28

Exelon Outages
« on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:55 »
I am a Linn State student who will be interning at the Braidwood and Dresden outages this fall.  Any sugguestions on where is the best place to stay??

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Exelon Outages
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2010, 02:52 »
Best of luck at the outages!  Here are a couple of places to start your search:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12566.0.html

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12567.0.html

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline pm79

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2010, 02:59 »
I work at Braidwood and while I have never stayed at any of the hotels/motels in Braidwood, I have not heard one good thing about them.  I think your best bet would be to find a place in Morris and take the back roads in (about 25-30 min).  Try not to stay anyplace north that would require I-55 to get in as there is a lot of roadwork going on.  I don't know the exact date when this roadwork is scheduled to end, but you can check on the Illinois DOT website for current road construction status.  If it is scheduled to be complete prior to the outage, consider Joliet area, also a 25-30 minute drive.  I think a little extra drive is worth a clean room.

klsas

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2010, 04:58 »
When working Braidwood, Dresden your choices are limited. In Braidwood, the Braidwood motel has it's regulars that fill the place up. The Sun Motel on a scale of 0-5 with 5 being a great place to stay, it is about a 2, but it is clean. It is only 2+ miles from the plant. The Kings Inn at Lorenzo Road and I-55 is on the same level as the Sun. It is also clean. Both places are okay considering the hours you will work. Kings Inn is about 7 miles from Braidwood and about 7 miles from Dresden. The next closest places are in Morris or Joliet. With traffic and distance, Morris and Joliet are 25-35 minutes. It is a matter of which is cheaper, the added gas or the 2 star motels. When I work Braidwood, Dresden I have always stayed at Kings Inn and I've had no problems.

Keith

jharris28

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2010, 05:19 »
Thank you everyone for your help. I am very excited and scared to start my first outages! Your comments have been very helpful.

vikingfan

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2010, 06:17 »
Dresden, hotels off of I-55 and rt 30 several there and about 30 min from site

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?