Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Took the nuke test and MEPS lost the key??? honeypot

Author Topic: Took the nuke test and MEPS lost the key???  (Read 3902 times)

Offline trife06

• Lurker
Took the nuke test and MEPS lost the key???
« on: Dec 07, 2010, 04:30 »
This problem is not my own, but one of my very close friends who is trying to get into the program his self.

Long story short, his recruiter(s) have had him jumping through hoops for the last year and some change.  He had a GED but has enough college credits to negate that.
The new problem is now, after he has taken and scored a 93 on the ASVAB, (higher than i did and i didn't have to take any other tests to be depped in) they told him to take the Nuke test (NFQT or whatever it's called) and now they say they can't grade it because they lost the key.
Wouldn't be a problem but for some reason they have been saying he needs to have it graded by the 8th so he can change his prospective rate from Sonar Tech to Nuke.

Anybody ever heard of anything like this or have any advice on what to do from here?  I've tried to help as much as i can but i never had any of these problems.

DoorMatt

Re: Took the nuke test and MEPS lost the key???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2010, 04:34 »
My $0.02, sounds like BS to me. Seems to me his recruiter is doing something fishy to try and keep him sonar tech. But don't know why because around here the consensus seems to be that Nuke recruits are worth more to a recruiter. Maybe it's the extra paperwork (background check, waivers, etc.) involved to change rating to the Nuclear Field.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 04:43 by DoorMatt »

Offline aschaefer

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 04:45 »
Someone may have better info than I do, but I think I read somewhere on this forum that the NFQT was compromised recently and the Navy isn't administering that test anymore. Again, I don't know specifics, just some random bullcrap recollection of mine.

Either way, if he doesn't like his recruiter, tell him to get a new one! He's not the first, and definitely won't be the last to not see eye-to-eye with his recruiter.

edit: fixed spelling errors
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010, 05:49 by aschaefer »

Offline trife06

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010, 04:49 »
That's what i figured also, but seeing as 99% of the navy is overmanned except basically nuke and seal i can't understand it. and it's multiple recruiters.  i'm thinkin it has something to do with having a GED

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?