Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Waiver Discussion

Author Topic: Waiver Discussion  (Read 26372 times)

ZSchill-Berry

Waiver Discussion
« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2011, 11:57 »
MEPs home page

Command contact info page.

In the lower left click on your MEPs location.  Then use that contact info to find out whom you should speak with at that facility.

Did you say you wanted to be a marine?  WTF over; Can I get a read back, shipmate?    :P [quit]

Yes i just did say I wanted to be a Marine... I've always been between Navy and Marines... lol alright Thanks I will check into that =]

Cycoticpenguin

Waiver Discussion
« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:48 »
He could always do nuclear stuff after the Marines. I think that would be pretty cool to have a real Marine nukeworker join our fold in 6 years, doncha think?  8)

4 years for the marine types dude ;)

ZSchill-Berry

Re: Waiver Discussion
« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:31 »
Looks like i wont be talking to the Marines... Finally got some info out of the other recruiter in the office i go to and he told me what i had to do.. Went to my doctor's yesterday to get approved to go for the test that they required. The test was the spirometry test... Thing is i had already done this test but it turns out the doc at MEPS that had me do the EKG must not of put the results from the spriometry test into my folder when sending it down to the waiver authorities... I took this spirometry test this morning and my parents are going to fax the results to the other recruiter in the office and he will send it up to MEPS so they can send it out to the waiver authorities, recruiter said it should take up to 2 weeks at max to hear back from them this time =]

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:39 »
Looks like i wont be talking to the Marines... Finally got some info out of the other recruiter in the office i go to and he told me what i had to do.. Went to my doctor's yesterday to get approved to go for the test that they required. The test was the spirometry test... Thing is i had already done this test but it turns out the doc at MEPS that had me do the EKG must not of put the results from the spriometry test into my folder when sending it down to the waiver authorities... I took this spirometry test this morning and my parents are going to fax the results to the other recruiter in the office and he will send it up to MEPS so they can send it out to the waiver authorities, recruiter said it should take up to 2 weeks at max to hear back from them this time =]

2 weeks eh? :D

good luck though!

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #29 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:47 »

I keep asking myself why someone posting about their own specific individual waiver status is relevant to others seeking to get into the navy....and I am unable to come up with a good answer why it is or could be relevant.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to start deleting such posts.  

To the OP, send updates to the people who are interested in keeping up with your status via a PM.

Standing by,
GC
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2011, 02:48 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Apr 27, 2011, 03:01 »
Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to start deleting such posts.  

I'm not sure this carries sufficient weight to convince, but I did find it useful in Z-Schill's post to find that 1. MEPS has some deficiencies in checking complete physical exam paperwork on enlistees, and 2. Recruiters are pushing pre-employment physical exam costs off on DEPpers pockets. Both of which, as a former naive enlistee, vet and current taxpayer, I find unsat.  >:(

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #31 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:01 »
I keep asking myself why someone posting about their own specific individual waiver status is relevant to others seeking to get into the navy....and I am unable to come up with a good answer why it is or could be relevant.

To the OP, send updates to the people who are interested in keeping up with your status via a PM.

Standing by,
GC

This topic was in Training & Tests section of this website and then  had some responces deleted and was moved to this current section of the website, i didn't have any control over this being moved on me.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #32 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:11 »
This topic was in Training & Tests section of this website and then  had some responces deleted and was moved to this current section of the website, i didn't have any control over this being moved on me.

I moved it from the training and tests section and started it as its own thread in the Navy forum, as the split off portion was certainly not relevant to Training and Tests.  

I, however, deleted nothing from the original thread or the split thread.

As HD posted above, there does appear to be a modicum of relevance to your running commentary, so I won't be deleteing anything in the future.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011, 10:12 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #33 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:19 »
I moved it from the training and tests section and started it as its own thread in the Navy forum, as the split off portion was certainly not relevant to Training and Tests.  

I, however, deleted nothing from the original thread or the split thread.

As HD posted above, there does appear to be a modicum of relevance to your running commentary, so I won't be deleteing anything in the future.

Okay thanks =] And yea I'm annoyed with how MEPS somehow misplaced my spirometry results from the first time i went for it, I'd probably be already done with this whole process if it wasn't for their mistake, but theres nothing i can do about it, except for wait for the responce of the waiver authority.

Offline 730SMAG

• Moderate User
« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2011, 03:16 »
Okay thanks =] And yea I'm annoyed with how MEPS somehow misplaced my spirometry results from the first time i went for it, I'd probably be already done with this whole process if it wasn't for their mistake, but theres nothing i can do about it, except for wait for the responce of the waiver authority.

Just to note...  Your medical experience at MEPS is consistent with the medical experience you'll have during your period of enlistment.  And possibly when you get out, if you interface with the VA to any significant degree.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:53 »
Just to note...  Your medical experience at MEPS is consistent with the medical experience you'll have during your period of enlistment.  And possibly when you get out, if you interface with the VA to any significant degree.

Yea so I've been told by my uncle... He said i think things take forever now, just wait when your enlisted and need something or an answer from the navy they take even longer... Lol and i heard sometimes medical things take forever also.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 11:32 »
Well I have some good news.... I have been approved for my waiver, have to call my recruiter after school!!!!.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51 »
Congrats!  Patience and perseverance paid off in the end!
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

MacGyver

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23 »
Well I have some good news.... I have been approved for my waiver, have to call my recruiter after school!!!!.

Welcome to DEP (well sorta not offically yet).

Keep us up to speed in this thread .. Nuke Deppers, Ship Dates, and Stories

Commitment, Honor, Integrity and Excellence ... they are your future.  Wear them with pride.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52 »
congrats. glad everything worked out ok, and expeditiously at that.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27 »
Thanks guys... now I have some bad news.... the napt was comprised so I now have.to wait for it to be rewritten or retake the asvab... my recruiter.told me hell talk to the nuke at meps.tomorrow to get an idea when a new napt will be ready by..

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 08:36 »
Thanks guys... now I have some bad news.... the napt was comprised so I now have.to wait for it to be rewritten or retake the asvab... my recruiter.told me hell talk to the nuke at meps.tomorrow to get an idea when a new napt will be ready by..

Dangit...sorry to hear that happened. We have warned publicly for years on this board that continued posts on 'how to pass and study for the NAPT' have been detrimental to DEPpers in the pipeline, and the nation at large. This only goes to prove the point.  >:(

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 08:43 »

How was it compromised?

MacGyver

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33 »
How was it compromised?

The last time it was someone using a cell phone to take pic's of the actual test questions and passing that info along.

This time, does it matter?  Yes and No.  The Navy feels that the trust and integrity of the questions is in question.  Therefore, the test is out.  That will effect and affect future test takers.  And, maybe, bring into question previous test takers.  This is why we stressed the lack of test prep to avoid this or other bad outcomes.

Study and retake the ASVAB until you don't need the NAPT (or it is offered again) for entrance into the program.  It's not really a road block, just a speed bump for you right now.  Seems you have a good recruiter so listen to him and follow his advice.

Mac

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 09:59 »
Study and retake the ASVAB until you don't need the NAPT (or it is offered again) for entrance into the program.  It's not really a road block, just a speed bump for you right now.  Seems you have a good recruiter so listen to him and follow his advice.

Mac

^ Exactly what Im going to do, Talked to my uncler last night who is a chief petty officer, he encouraged me into retaking the ASVAB, he kept saying he knows i can do better then what i did, i was 7 points short of Auto Qaul, so im just going to keep retaking, My recruiter told me If i feel i will do better on the ASVAB he will gladly have me do it, and i do understand if i score lower that is my score. It's worth the chance. =]

RCLCPO

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 11:48 »
The NAPT was a classified document, kept in a locked safe or locked briefcase when not being administered.  As early as 2003, some recruiting districts were using non-Nuclear personnel to fill the position of Nuclear Field Recruiter, and there was some concern at that time of an increased probability of an exam being compromised.  There were 2 versions of the NAPT to hedge against that, but a replacement test will probably not be generated quickly.

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2011, 07:57 »
The NAPT was a classified document, kept in a locked safe or locked briefcase when not being administered.  As early as 2003, some recruiting districts were using non-Nuclear personnel to fill the position of Nuclear Field Recruiter, and there was some concern at that time of an increased probability of an exam being compromised.  There were 2 versions of the NAPT to hedge against that, but a replacement test will probably not be generated quickly.

For others who have to take the NAPT, the NAPT should be ready in 1 day to 1 month because the Navy had a backup NAPT test made up before this one was compromised, so it just needs to be approved.  I will be calling my recruiter again on Monday to set up a day for me to go retake the ASVAB =]. just need 7 more points and I'll auto qualify...

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2011, 08:12 »
For others who have to take the NAPT, the NAPT should be ready in 1 day to 1 month because the Navy had a backup NAPT test made up before this one was compromised, so it just needs to be approved.  I will be calling my recruiter again on Monday to set up a day for me to go retake the ASVAB =]. just need 7 more points and I'll auto qualify...

lol, now THATS specific :D

RCLCPO

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 12:11 »
Did the NF Recruiter tell you it was the second version of the NAPT, or a "new" NAPT?

ZSchill-Berry

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 10:03 »
Did the NF Recruiter tell you it was the second version of the NAPT, or a "new" NAPT?

My recruiter talked to the NF recruiter when he went up to meps and asked him how long it would be for the NAPT to be available again, and the NF recruiter told him that there was a backup test made and it just needs to bed approved.. Thats about all i really know. but I'm retaking the ASVAB next week, just need to call my recruiter Monday to set up a day for me to retake it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?