Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I just got accepted as a Nuke

Author Topic: I just got accepted as a Nuke  (Read 4523 times)

holicisms

I just got accepted as a Nuke
« on: Jun 27, 2011, 06:50 »
After going through some waivers, I was quickly approved to swap from AECF to Nuke, and I was wondering which A school should I aim to attend if I want to complete a bachelor's degree ASAP, and what degree should I aim for?

I already have 52 college credits, all in Freshman and Sophomore courses, many being in Calc, Physics, CS, and Chem. I have a good amount of electives completed as well.

Also, if anyone would be kind enough to explain the process of going officer through the nuke program, and the benefits when compared to STA-21, please do!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: I just got accepted as a Nuke
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:00 »
Right above your post, was this post.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,17568.0.html

Good luck.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:17 »
There is one waiver no one seems to get ... "the how to search wavier"! Congrats on your good fortune. But if your goal was to finish a degree or become an officer, I believe you just made it a lot harder (re: switching from Adv Electronics to Nuke). YMWV           (Now get hot.)  :P

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:35 »
If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.  8)
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

MacGyver

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:39 »
I believe you are confused. NUPOC is a program for college students .. Blah blah blah .. As an enlisted nuke you will not qualify for NUPOC once in the navy. Depending on how long you have in DEP you might be able to pull it off. Get an Officer recruiter too tell you your chances.  And don't forget to tell that O-Ganger Recruiter you are in DEP.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:42 »
Now we look crazy, because he deleted his nupoc question.  8)

holicisms

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:43 »
I just happened to read that :/

I suppose I am a little confused then.

I was reading in the nuke pamphlet that there was an officer pipeline that nukes can get into while going through their training, and the nuke recruiter I talked to down at MEPS confirmed that.

I was wondering exactly what said pipeline is?

I was also told that pretty much every well-qualified Nuke gets accepted?
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011, 07:44 by holicisms »

MacGyver

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:50 »
YOU WANT TO KNOW ... Then please use the search function (there are three different ones on this site alone). Go to th search box in the upper right corner and type in "navy nuke pipeline". I am absolutely certain you can spend more time reading than typing the same old questions for the one billionth time.  ;)   So, try searching for a day or two instead of typing ignorantly. Thank you for co-orperation. I feel one hundred percent better now ... Ahhhhhhh

Offline Styrofoam

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2011, 09:53 »
I just happened to read that :/

I suppose I am a little confused then.

I was reading in the nuke pamphlet that there was an officer pipeline that nukes can get into while going through their training, and the nuke recruiter I talked to down at MEPS confirmed that.

I was wondering exactly what said pipeline is?

I was also told that pretty much every well-qualified Nuke gets accepted?

Don't mind me. Just collecting evidence. :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?