Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MMPI questions

Author Topic: MMPI questions  (Read 42759 times)

Graphic

Re: MMPI questions
« Reply #25 on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:29 »
Thanks for doing the research for me.  I must have been tired, cranky or both.

What I take from that paragraph is that the NRC does not require that anyone take the MMPI. Utilities elect to administer the MMPI as a way to meet their psychological assessment obligation.

I question if the MMPI should be administered repeatedly to one person.  It seems common knowledge that taking the MMPI multiple times negates its effectiveness to identify psychological issues.  A case could be made that administering the MMPI multiple times to a single employee to satisfy the NRC requirement is faulted.

I have to agree the procedure leaves it open as to what 'test' it should be. This is probably one reason so many are switching to the PAI test compared to the MMPI. I'm not really sure but that would probably have something to do with it along with the fact it is way shorter.

Whether or not it is effective I don't know. I promise you if you go over 365 days though you will be sitting down to take the test again. Seems costly somewhat huh? The psychs rake the money in working with the plant.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011, 04:42 by Graphic »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?