Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Parent Citizenship

Author Topic: Parent Citizenship  (Read 4744 times)

Offline silverstar808

• Light User
Parent Citizenship
« on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:58 »
Hi all,

In order to be accepted into the NUPOC program, does the parent's citizenship affect the final decision? My dad is the only person holding a green card in my immediate family, everyone else is a citizen of the US. My recruiter told me that the officials of the NUPOC program will look at 2 things. 1)the citizenship of my immediate family, and 2)if I have any relatives who work in the government in China.

It's safe to say that number 2 doesn't bother me, but does the fact that my dad is holding a green card reduce my chance of getting into NUPOC? My dad has a language barrier issue so it's very hard for him to obtain the US citizenship.

Edit: Would I need some kind of waiver for my dad?
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012, 09:40 by silverstar808 »

Offline Ahmahzahn

• Very Lite User
Re: Parent Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:25 »
As far as I understand it the people in charge of your security clearance will include him as part of your background check.  Unless he's affiliated with a foreign government you should be fine.  Where is he a citizen of?

Offline silverstar808

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:39 »
My dad is a citizen in China, but he is not affiliated with anyone working in a foreign government.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2012, 11:08 »
My dad is a citizen in China, but he is not affiliated with anyone working in a foreign government.

This actually may be an issue. We had a few people that didn't receive clearances for power school that had chinese parent(s).

We can speculate all day, you're much better off talking to your nuke recruiter.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:03 »
I* talked with my slpo about it today, he said there will probably just be a more thorough background check.  You'll still likely be able to go to A school while you're being reviewed, people get put on t-track (duty between A school and power school) hold all the time while waiting for a clearance.

Just be completely honest, about everything. No reason to lie and get automatically disqualified.

Ahmahzahn

*edit

I appreciate your willingness to offer assistance, but this is why I was kinda hard on you. Officers DONT go through "A school". You really don't have a clue what you're talking about with regards to this matter, and I would appreciate it you would back off a little bit. I would be remiss as to saying I had a clue. Your SLPO really doesn't know, either.  The pencil pushers at bupers do what they wish, and not many people have any rhyme or reason as to the "why's".

Offline Ahmahzahn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:10 »
I appreciate your willingness to offer assistance, but this is why I was kinda hard on you. Officers DONT go through "A school". You really don't have a clue what you're talking about with regards to this matter, and I would appreciate it you would back off a little bit. I would be remiss as to saying I had a clue. Your SLPO really doesn't know, either.  The pencil pushers at bupers do what they wish, and not many people have any rhyme or reason as to the "why's".

Oops! Didnt see the nupoc part. Sorry for the confusion!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?