Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Little Boy Bomb
honeypot

Author Topic: Little Boy Bomb  (Read 5645 times)

Offline savages

• Lurker
Little Boy Bomb
« on: May 14, 2014, 12:05 »
I am searching for a photograph that may have been taken on Tinian Island in August 1945 of the Little Boy atomic bomb with the inscription "To the Crew of the USS Indianapolis". Has anyone ever seen this photograph or know where I may get a coy of it?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:53 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Little Boy Bomb
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:11 »
I saw no writing on the bomb itself on Tinian Island. There may have been some but it was not visible in many pictures of the bomb on the Island that I saw.

Chimera

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:49 »
Little Boy Bomb

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Photos/Tinian/images/SB50.jpg

The Little Boy bomb in the bomb pit, ready for loading into the Enola Gay.

cedugger

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:08 »
Savages,

The bomb with all the writing was Fat Man, but not the "...U.S.S. Indianapolis" inscription you mentioned. That particular inscription was on a model of Little Boy, not on the bomb itself. Here are a couple photos of Little Boy while it was being loaded into Enola Gay on Tinian.

**Note: These photos have long since been declassified, but the website (alternatewars.com) had the images cropped, cutting off the declass verbiage
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:09 by slavutich »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?