Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vermont Yankee Nuke job losses will hurt

Author Topic: Vermont Yankee Nuke job losses will hurt  (Read 16105 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Vermont Yankee Nuke job losses will hurt
« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2015, 04:14 »
My epiphany came in 1995,...

I was working a littlr dnD with a very educated woman (sic),...

She was about 27 years old at the time,...

And I made an observation that in an increasingly technological world that secondary school students should have a syllabus which incorporates statistics, critical thinking, benefit versus liability and civic responsibility,...

i.e. - the antithesis of the low information voter should be a product of our secondary education system,...

She dismissed my observation completely out of hand,...

Her position was that people have no obligation to, nor should they be encouraged to, make voting decisions based on facts, on truth,...

A person's truth was a unique perception onto themselves,...

Eeeeeyup, here she was with a MS in a hard science and the truth is what you want it to be,...

She eventually went to work for Pfizer in SE Connecticut,...

I guess her truth was your home is only your home until somebody else wants it,...

'cause last I heard she still worked there (now in Groton), was doing well, and I speculate her conscience is good,...

ref: Kelo v. City of New London

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London

to bring this all home and BOT,...

when nukes do not prevail in the political arena, then the arena of responsible, benefits versus liability, decision making will not matter to an ignorant populace educated beyond it's intelligence,...
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2015, 04:16 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?