Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Climate Scientists Get Respect, So Why Don't Nuclear Scientists? honeypot

Author Topic: Climate Scientists Get Respect, So Why Don't Nuclear Scientists?  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Great Point!  Seems like more and more Forbes articles are right on the money in my opinion.

Chimera

prolly 'cause the people who think climate "scientists" deserve respect are the same people who think nuclear scientists don't.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Who said they get no respect ?

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
97% of republican-paid climate scientists agree that we are not in a warming period and that we don't need to act! :D

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
97% of republican-paid climate scientists agree that we are not in a warming period and that we don't need to act! :D

There is extensive discussion on that topic in PolySci (Skeptic Denier here) continued discussion down these lines could send this one there as well.

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
nice thanks  https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Please if you want to debate Global warming Change buy a Gold Membership. I have been looking at this subject and debating it for 20 years a simple post from one side is not a game changer for me.

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/about-climate-change

http://www.drroyspencer.com/global-warming-101/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:09 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
   To get back on topic the article by a nuclear scientist is lamenting the invisible nature of his profession. Looking back he is right I can't remember a nuclear scientist being interviewed on the safety or viability of nuclear power. The perspective that they are in the pocket of the industry only seem to hold water in public power not on campus.

Content1

To get back on topic the article by a nuclear scientist is lamenting the invisible nature of his profession. Looking back he is right I can't remember a nuclear scientist being interviewed on the safety or viability of nuclear power. The perspective that they are in the pocket of the industry only seem to hold water in public power not on campus.

Nuclear Scientists are like Rodney Dangerfield, "They don't get no respect."

Chimera

Perhaps that's because our young "skulls-full-of-mush" students are taught in schools, colleges and universities that anthropogenic global warming is a fact and nuclear power is bad for you.  Consequently, when presented with individuals who evince either point of view, the "climate scientist" is believed whereas the nuclear scientist is just a half-step removed from Dr. Strangelove.  Any dissenting views to what is taught in our schools and in the main stream media are howled down without a fair hearing.

In the aftermath of Three Mile Island, people would approach me in laundry mats and other venues and ask me questions.  When asked why they weren't told about the things I told them, I explained to them that they were.  ConEd, back in those days, took out full-page ads in the local papers but they were ignored because they were perceived as having a vested interest in lying to us.  The "vested interests" of the so-called climate scientists are better hidden in grants and subsidies from the federal government.  As such, since the "selfish self-interest" of the climate scientists isn't made public, they are presented as being more "honest".  That same phenomenon can be observed in any number of other areas of science.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?