Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Why a New Age of Nuclear Energy Is About to Dawn  

Author Topic: Why a New Age of Nuclear Energy Is About to Dawn  (Read 13032 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Why a New Age of Nuclear Energy Is About to Dawn
« on: May 19, 2015, 03:50 »
This could have equally fit in Money Matters.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/05/19/Why-New-Age-Nuclear-Energy-About-Dawn

Content1

Re: Why a New Age of Nuclear Energy Is About to Dawn
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:18 »
This could have equally fit in Money Matters.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/05/19/Why-New-Age-Nuclear-Energy-About-Dawn

"When the Moon is in the 7th House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, Jobs will come, for those in Nuclear Power, and per diem, will fill our jars . . .This is the dawning of New Age of Nuclear Power . . .

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:37 »
"When the Moon is in the 7th House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, Jobs will come, for those in Nuclear Power, and per diem, will fill our jars . . .This is the dawning of New Age of Nuclear Power . . .

Well kind of, but this article was talking about investing in uranium on speculation that the world market will increase. No specifics about the health of the US market, that may still suck.

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:09 »
Dead industry never happen

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:33 »
kinda like "clean coal"?  ;)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49 »
Nobody would be building new reactors if it was truly dead.  It may not be vibrant but it aint dead yet.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 09:38 »
Plans For New Reactors Worldwide

-Nuclear power capacity worldwide is increasing steadily, with over 60 reactors under construction in 15 countries.
-Most reactors on order or planned are in the Asian region, though there are major plans for new units in Russia.
-Significant further capacity is being created by plant upgrading.
-Plant life extension programs are maintaining capacity, in USA particularly.

Today there are some 437 nuclear power reactors operating in 31 countries plus Taiwan, with a combined capacity of over 380 GWe. In 2014 these provided 2411 billion kWh, over 11% of the world's electricity.
Over 60 power reactors are currently being constructed in 13 countries plus Taiwan (see Table below), notably China, South Korea, UAE and Russia.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Current-and-Future-Generation/Plans-For-New-Reactors-Worldwide/

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39 »
It's dead. The new reactors which will be the last ever built in the U.S. are just the eulogy .

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 09:59 »
It's dead. The new reactors which will be the last ever built in the U.S. are just the eulogy .

Big frog in a little pond who cannot see the nearby lakes and oceans. The article deals with a global markets that are growing. Research and investment goes on even in the US who seems to have lost it's edge as a leader in the technology. Your back yard may be drying up but not your neighbors.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13 »
Everybody said 20 years ago that NO new nuclear reactors would ever be built in the US again.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 04:32 »
Everybody said 20 years ago that NO new nuclear reactors would ever be built in the US again.
amen, brother.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 04:54 »
When the nations largest nuclear utility is trying to get legislation to raise the price of other power in order to make nuclear competitive then industry is dead. Of the 5 reactors in progress 3 will complete at most. Watts Bar will never pay for itself. Who cares about global? Last I checked they ain't going to create american jobs except for former SROs and that is only temporary. Dead industry

Chimera

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 06:04 »
When the nations largest nuclear utility is trying to get legislation to raise the price of other power in order to make nuclear competitive then industry is dead. Of the 5 reactors in progress 3 will complete at most. Watts Bar will never pay for itself. Who cares about global? Last I checked they ain't going to create american jobs except for former SROs and that is only temporary. Dead industry

My heavens but you are just the little ray of sunshine, aren't you.  Bless your heart.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 06:52 »

Still can't see outside your little pond.  :-\

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15 »
hmm, how about an article on why such a large number of the accelerated produced radioisotopes are coming from outside this county and not from companies here?   It's not reactor. Seems like a missed market.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 04:19 »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for someone who worked in the industry for so long and understands that it has been in a precarious position for decades, the word dead seems unduly harsh and an unfair assessment.  Instead of trying to create drama why not just use a more appropriate word?  Stagnant and precarious seem better.  Dead just seems like a way to garner attention.  Look at me I'm the soothsayer.  Nuclear power is obviously alive and well in many parts of the world however precarious it is in the US.  That is undisputed.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 04:44 »
aye wood knot say the industry is dead. changing, yes, butt not dead. closure of unprofitable units wile doubling and perhaps tripling licensed operating lives isn't t a vary convincing argument of death. continued research into different methods of fission for power production is a good place to sea industry change, as is the different designs and licensing procedures of hour government.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Content1

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10 »
aye wood knot say the industry is dead. changing, yes, butt not dead. closure of unprofitable units wile doubling and perhaps tripling licensed operating lives isn't t a vary convincing argument of death. continued research into different methods of fission for power production is a good place to sea industry change, as is the different designs and licensing procedures of hour government.

Is you intentional misspelling of words your signature or method to entertain?  Some are humorous, some are painful to read, I am just curious if you do not fear actually writing that way outside of nukeworker?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 09:51 »
Is you intentional misspelling of words your signature or method to entertain?  Some are humorous, some are painful to read, I am just curious if you do not fear actually writing that way outside of nukeworker?

It appears that SloGlo's condition is contagious and you are infected. ;)

Content1

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 03:45 »
It appears that SloGlo's condition is contagious and you are infected. ;)

Nowadays it is hard to intentionally misspell words with instant spell checkers.  If you even try to misspell a work in Nukeworker the word gets underlined in red.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30 »
Nowadays it is hard to intentionally misspell words with instant spell checkers.  If you even try to misspell a work in NukeWorker the word gets underlined in red.

so you might think,....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:01 by Rennhack »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07 »
so you might think,....

Technically it's spelled right. Wouldn't that fall under grammar? I hate it when that happens.

Once I had put together what I thought to be a solid project approach report. I met with upper management to review it before we sent it out. During his review he began chuckling. At one point in the body of the text I had inadvertently left the "f" out of shift work and spell check didn't catch it. I sure am glad he did.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:49 by ksheed12 »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 12:44 »
Technically it's spelled right. Wouldn't that fall under grammar? I hate it when that happens.

Once I had put together what I thought to be a solid project approach report. I met with upper management to review it before we sent it out. During his review he began chuckling. At one point in the body of the text I had inadvertently left the "h" out of shift work and spell check didn't catch it. I sure am glad he did.
Word also has a grammar check function - it will locate out of context words most of the time. It can also evaluate the grade level / readability. I try to write for a grade 9 audience. Keeps it easy to read, but not too pedantic... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 12:47 »
Technically it's spelled right. Wouldn't that fall under grammar? I hate it when that happens.......

Spelling can fall under grammar,...

Grammar can be construed as being all encompassing vis a vis any given language, spoken or written,...

A "work" can be a post to a forum,...

A "work" can have words,...

The "work" being referred to presently contains an intent error, it is our pragmatic competence which permits us to perceive the error and the author's obvious intent,...

Unless the term "work" was intentional, leaving the adverbs and verbs which make "word" a verb absent, such that our pragmatic competence fails us into discontent1 with the result,....

as you like it,...begot Jaques,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 01:16 »

The author of Eats, Shoots and Leaves is British but if you are a grammar Nazi it is worth the read. Spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation all can change meaning. On a forum like this though I like smiley's which are a little more universal which is why I like them. Just hard to get the right one or combination. Smileys are simple and replace facial features that are important to communication on a social level and for the most part these threads are social with a technical mix.
   I tend to like SloGlo's posts, there is a diverse mix of people posting here a little time to try and understand the source is always a good thing. His posts are much better than some of the intransigent curmugeons that post here.

A new age of anything requires a new perspective whether it is nuclear power or communication. U feel me bro ???

TAYL  ;)

[coffee]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?