Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu France Plans to Reduce Nuclear in Favor of Renewables honeypot

Author Topic: France Plans to Reduce Nuclear in Favor of Renewables  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
France, one of the world’s leaders in nuclear energy production, plans to draw down nuclear’s share of electricity generation from 75 to 50 percent by 2025—giving itself a 10-year time frame equivalent to the complete shutdown now ongoing in Germany.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/france-plans-to-reduce-nuclear-in-favor-of-renewables/

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: France Plans to Reduce Nuclear in Favor of Renewables
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2015, 11:34 »
That doesn't sound like a terrible idea.  I am a proponent of nuclear power but an almost total reliance on it (70%) probably isn't the best idea.  Still, I don't think a hard and fast reduction is the best idea.  Just retire the more inefficient nuclear plants when as they age and replace with renewable energy.  Some of the biggest cost associated with nuclear is in construction.  Don't throw billions of $$ away of perfectly good nuclear base-load.  Bring the renewables on slow and steady and truly make sure they can handle the load before disconnecting too much of your proven nukes that will operate 24/7/365.  There is probably a really good way to go about bringing renewables into the fold but rabid "environmentalists" pushing their agenda always throw a wrench into good sense.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2015, 02:16 »
I disagree......replace old Nuclear Plants with new, next generation Nuclear Plants and bask in the glory of Nuclear stability  8)
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2015, 02:36 »
I disagree......replace old Nuclear Plants with new, next generation Nuclear Plants and bask in the glory of Nuclear stability  8)

great sentiment but,.................. oh never mind,....
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 03:24 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2015, 02:45 »
I thought this thread was about France.......

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2015, 03:22 »
I thought this thread was about France.......

ya know what?!?!? you are correct, I edit my post, now go away you tiny brained wiper of other people's bottoms!!!!!

OBTW,...thanks for the peer check!!!!

(aka the most sarcastic phrase in contemporary nukeplantops) :P ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 03:24 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2015, 04:53 »
You just need to pay more attention to detail......I suggest simultaneous or independent verifications prior to posting comments.

You're welcome for the constructive criticism  ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2015, 04:58 »
Some of the biggest cost associated with nuclear is in construction.  Don't throw billions of $$ away of perfectly good nuclear base-load. 
they dew knot knead two throw them away. brake them down n ship them hear sew we kin have cheap nuclear power.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?