Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NRC To Issue South Texas Project New Reactor Licenses, Following Conclusion of M

Author Topic: NRC To Issue South Texas Project New Reactor Licenses, Following Conclusion of M  (Read 12236 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
What a waste of effort

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
What a waste of effort

better than 50/50 in Texas, particularly as you increase distance from Austin,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Doesn't look to happen any time soon, but the option is there.

I would bet that construction on any other new units will not start until the AP's in Georgia and South Carolina start up.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Doesn't look to happen any time soon, but the option is there.

I would bet that construction on any other new units will not start until the AP's in Georgia and South Carolina start up.

probably a safe bet,...

if the need for capacity is there, and the market will sustain it, I would put the completion at better than 50/50 in Texas,...

particularly as you increase distance from Austin,...  :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
if the need for capacity is there, and if the market will sustain it

Those are big if's

If the price for natural gas doubles .... and if the carbon emission standards are changed to not exclude nuclear ... then we will have nuclear again.  But not until that happens.

States where they are anti nuclear, don't credit [lack of] carbon emissions from nuclear, and don't allow recovery of costs (like California and New York*)... there will be no nuclear. -- Not just NEW nuclear...  They will likely close down established nuclear.

States where they are pro nuclear, credit [lack of] carbon emissions from nuclear, and allow recovery of costs (like the Carolina's)... there will be limited nuclear.

Only the market will dictate change.  When it is cheaper to burn gas, then they will burn gas (present).  When it was cheaper to burn coal, that's what they did (past).  If it becomes cheaper to burn Uranium again, then that is what they will do.  But no amount of logic, science, or wishful thinking will change the market.

[2cents] [2cents]

* The exception being perhaps Indian Point, it will likely stay open regardless of the climate.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Those are big if's

If the price for natural gas doubles .... and if the carbon emission standards are changed to not exclude nuclear ... then we will have nuclear again.  But not until that happens.

States where they are anti nuclear, don't credit [lack of] carbon emissions from nuclear, and don't allow recovery of costs (like California and New York*)... there will be no nuclear. -- Not just NEW nuclear...  They will likely close down established nuclear.

States where they are pro nuclear, credit [lack of] carbon emissions from nuclear, and allow recovery of costs (like the Carolina's)... there will be limited nuclear.

Only the market will dictate change.  When it is cheaper to burn gas, then they will burn gas (present).  When it was cheaper to burn coal, that's what they did (past).  If it becomes cheaper to burn Uranium again, then that is what they will do.  But no amount of logic, science, or wishful thinking will change the market.

[2cents] [2cents]

* The exception being perhaps Indian Point, it will likely stay open regardless of the climate.

agreed, we have typed this before,...

the nation has no energy policy,...

giveaways and polibusiness empires, but no policy,...

we burn our food for fuel,...

our best transportation fuel is being blasted away by the trillions of cubic feet to push electrons,...

those fuels which are best for pushing electrons and not so good as transportation drivers are intentionally erased from use,..

we erect temples to the sun god and wind goddess in hopes they will reach out and save us from ourselves,...

we are idiots,... [coffee]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

What mean we kemosabe  :old:

;D

[coffee]

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
agreed, we have typed this before,...

the nation has no energy policy,...

giveaways and polibusiness empires, but no policy,...

we burn our food for fuel,...

our best transportation fuel is being blasted away by the trillions of cubic feet to push electrons,...

those fuels which are best for pushing electrons and not so good as transportation drivers are intentionally erased from use,..

we erect temples to the sun god and wind goddess in hopes they will reach out and save us from ourselves,...

Like a modern day Plato...

"Until philosophers rule as kings or those who are now called kings and leading men genuinely and adequately philosophize, that is, until political power and philosophy entirely coincide, while the many natures who at present pursue either one exclusively are forcibly prevented from doing so, cities will have no rest from evils…nor, I think, will the human race."

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
What mean we kemosabe  :old:

;D

[coffee]

fair question,... I mean "we",...

let's just conjecture:

"they" develop a "polipersonality test" akin to Myers-Briggs,...

in the pursuit of homogenous, little strife societies "they" carve the 49 continental states into "like-minded" domains,...

would you move if you had to in order to live in a society with goals and disciplines similar to your own?!?!?!

or would you rather stay in East TN and deal with the fringes in a never ending see saw of give and take which could always, eventually end up with your core values and beliefs being thrown on the dustbin of history and you just having to get over it and shut up already,...

'cause it can happen,...

would you move?!?!?

I would,.... [coffee]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
fair question,... I mean "we",...

let's just conjecture:

"they" develop a "polipersonality test" akin to Myers-Briggs,...

in the pursuit of homogenous, little strife societies "they" carve the 49 continental states into "like-minded" domains,...

48... but that is nit-picking I know what you mean  [devious]

Using the Meyers-Briggs I consistently come up ENTJ not a conformist nor bashful, fitting in is what other people do.

[borg]

would you move if you had to in order to live in a society with goals and disciplines similar to your own?!?!?!

or would you rather stay in East TN and deal with the fringes in a never ending see saw of give and take which could always, eventually end up with your core values and beliefs being thrown on the dustbin of history and you just having to get over it and shut up already,...

'cause it can happen,...

would you move?!?!?

I would,.... [coffee]

No I would be that island in the stream not a cog in the big machine.  [karma]

[coffee]

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
48... but that is nit-picking I know what you mean  [devious]

49 are on the came continent.  You are thinking 48 contiguous states.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
would you move?!?!?

I would vote for it, and I would move.  I'm all for de-federalizing, and making the sates make their own rules... and moving all the people together that think the same works for me.  That's why I don't live with the fruits and nuts in Cali, even though it is beautiful.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

like a good FSS or waste guy,...

the devil is in the detail,... [devious]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
I would vote for it, and I would move.  I'm all for de-federalizing, and making the sates make their own rules... and moving all the people together that think the same works for me.  That's why I don't live with the fruits and nuts in Cali, even though it is beautiful.

yeah but you would be leaving Michigan,...

does anybody really need much of any reason to leave Michigan?!?!?!?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL [Flamer]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

...No I would be that island in the stream not a cog in the big machine.  [karma]

IF the stream would let you be,...

typically, the stream will flood you and your ENTJ into just so much sediment,...

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2016, 11:14 by GLW »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

True, lower forty eight

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
IF the stream would let you be,...

typically, the stream will flood you and your ENTJ into just so much sediment,...

Tidal wave but point taken, seeking like minded lemmings is a bit boring don't you think. Going back to your initial rant, the idea that we would throw our core values and beliefs in the dustbin of history and just having to get over it and shut up already is antithetical to my nature i.e. ENTJ as would be giving up and moving. But then was Don Quixote ENTJ  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?