Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PG&E to close Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by 2025 honeypot

Author Topic: PG&E to close Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by 2025  (Read 2344 times)

Offline News Team

• Subject Matter Expert
  • Nuclear News Guru!
PG&E to close Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by 2025

Pacific Gas & Electric has outlined plans to close its twin-unit Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant in California, reflecting the US state's "changing energy landscape". PG&E yesterday announced a 'joint proposal' with labour and leading environmental organizations that would increase investment in energy efficiency, renewables and storage beyond current state mandates while phasing out PG&E's production of nuclear power in California.

Source: PG&E to close Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by 2025

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: PG&E to close Diablo Canyon nuclear plant by 2025
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2016, 06:45 »
Why do you think the Governor has anything to do with it?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:39 »
Why do you think the Governor has anything to do with it?

Why do you think I believe the Governor has anything to do with it. It's an article of interest good, bad, or indifferent. But since you brought it up I am sure he has influence if not authority. As to the article the irony of a green advocate turned pro nuke who is an energy expert, dirty bomb expert, planetary geologist and professional speaker who the author describes as a climate guru holds more interest and humor.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:47 »
Just look at NY.  Don't you get yet that politics and perception are a big part of whether nuke plants continue to operate?  Open your eyes!  Every state is different and different components of government in different states  have varying levels of power.  So yes what happens in one state MAY not happen in another, but it might.  You don't think Cuomo had anything at all to do with the nukes stayiing open in NY?  Maybe you know something I don't, but I do believe state governors wield some degree of power.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?