Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What’s the future of nuclear in the Midwest?

Author Topic: What’s the future of nuclear in the Midwest?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
What’s the future of nuclear in the Midwest?
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 12:18 »
A very detailed article. Worth the time to read. There are a few mistakes that most of us will pick up on, but you'll get that in a nuclear power article.

Nuclear power was born in the Midwest, and helped fuel the region’s once-vibrant manufacturing sector for decades.

But the Midwest’s cheap power prices and, in some states, deregulated markets make it hard for nuclear to compete with cheaper natural gas and renewables.

Recent reports have identified numerous plants in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Nebraska as likely to shut down before 2025, while others have licenses expiring at the same time.

http://midwestenergynews.com/2016/08/16/whats-the-future-of-nuclear-in-the-midwest-a-state-by-state-look/
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016, 03:39 by ksheed12 »

Offline Rerun

• Heavy User
Re: What’s the future of nuclear in the Midwest?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:00 »
I said this about 3 years ago and everyone whined at me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:35 »
A very detailed article. Worth the time to read. There are a few mistakes that most of us will pick up on, but you'll get that in a nuclear power article.

http://midwestenergynews.com/2016/08/16/whats-the-future-of-nuclear-in-the-midwest-a-state-by-state-look/

+K Good article the discussion from New York and subsides to save plants there seems to be migrating to the MidWest. I noticed that James Hansen who authored the letter to Governor Brown on behalf of Diablo Canyon is advocating for nuclear in Illinois.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2016, 10:21 »
ummm or did you say "nuclear power was dead".  there is a big difference.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?