Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu surface or sub???
honeypot

Author Topic: surface or sub???  (Read 27468 times)

Rifleman

Re: surface or sub???
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2007, 04:38 »
yeah, I don't know about the other prototypes but the D1G ball was kept at a lower pressure then ambient (I suppose any "leaks" were into the ball, not out)

Every frickin time you went in or out of hull you had to go through an air lock that would pop your ears a bit... that is where I learned how to equalize at will...

kinda funny, that was about the only thing I learned on that surface plant that helped me on subs

shayne

« Reply #51 on: Jan 14, 2007, 03:49 »
All the plants at NPTU NY had airlocks and maintained a neg pressure for containment reasons.  It did take a little getting use to.

yeah, I don't know about the other prototypes but the D1G ball was kept at a lower pressure then ambient (I suppose any "leaks" were into the ball, not out)

Every frickin time you went in or out of hull you had to go through an air lock that would pop your ears a bit... that is where I learned how to equalize at will...

kinda funny, that was about the only thing I learned on that surface plant that helped me on subs

The cruiser I was on, we always maintained a negative pressure in the Reactor Compartments and the Engine Room. (Larger exhaust than supply fans) It really didn't effect anyone that I know of during normal operations.  During ventilation system startup/shutdowns or even if fans tripped off would anyone really notice the pressure difference.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #52 on: Jan 17, 2007, 02:22 »
Washington state subs: Yes. Bremerton was home to half the Ohio-class subs, and I assume it is still close. Is that a good thing?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

LaFeet

« Reply #53 on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:39 »
Still gotta go SUBS....  while I know the work is harder than surface, I felt that it was a "tighter" community of friends.  Even on shore there was a brotherhood that seemed much greater than any I know that the Target community had.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?