Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiographer = RP Tech?
honeypot

Author Topic: Radiographer = RP Tech?  (Read 11056 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Radiographer = RP Tech?
« on: Sep 29, 2003, 06:53 »
Hey!  One of the radiographers at work wants to be an RP Tech when he grows up.  Does any of his radiography time count towards ANSI 18.1?  ...3.1?  ...etc?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

alphadude

Re: Radiographer = RP Tech?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2003, 08:43 »
6 months

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2003, 03:50 »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2003, 04:41 »
Gee, if you polled all the RP techs, I bet they'd say that you should subtract all his time as a radiographer from the total needed to be an RP.
Somebody who carries around a 30Ci Cobalt source will have a hard time getting excited about somebody getting 1000 dpm on his shoe.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

chilinpepper

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2003, 05:44 »
Does anyone know the guidelines/requirements for RP Techs working at DOE sites? Do they vary with the different sites?
How much time do you need to be considered a Senior tech?

ageoldtech

« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2003, 06:49 »
Iv'e worked with a lot of RT tech's over the years most don't have a clue about RP, but there is one dude that has helped me understand about the effects of using shielding and also knew about scattering of of high energy Cobalt or Iridium sources on various surrounding objects that can really screw up your postings. Does anyone know Duran Davis?

dcotroneo1

« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2003, 12:29 »
up to six months is correct ONLY IF THEY HAVE ENOUGH FINGERS LEFT TO GRIP A METER.

radconii57

« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2003, 06:44 »
I know Doran Davis and is an excellant radiographer and really good to work with.  I just worked with him at Sequoyah's SGRP.  His crew was also great to work with.  As far as becoming a HP from being a radiographer.  I did it.  And not all radiographers are bad.  I had a great company that started me but was real strict with the rules and the training that we had. So don't judge them that they are all bad.  Doran Davis is a good example of that. ::) [smiley=egypt1.gif]

radgal

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2003, 01:16 »
LOL Beer Court ;D  Being a good HP is alot more than just the RT stuff.  6 months sounds about right for most of the RT gang I've worked with.  They need to learn to see/use the newer meters(most have the ancients that look like they have been through the war)

Offline tff986s

• hpt
  • Light User
  • work...> or party?!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2004, 05:17 »
chilinpeppe!

normally 3 yrs to be senior... i have worked at 4 doe sites, that was typical, altho some utilized education in lieu of time on job...

howz thingz??

btw, i emailed u also b4 i saw this post!

todd
science w/o religion is lame, religion w/o science is blind [a einstein]

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2004, 07:14 »
Duran Davis is currently on nights @ Oconee :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?