DC Cook

Above Average
36 (34.3%)
Average
29 (27.6%)
Below Average
40 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: DC Cook  (Read 173502 times)

rjc4243

Re: DC Cook
« Reply #75 on: Oct 04, 2007, 04:47 »

Facility: COOKRegion: 3 State: MIUnit: [ ] [2] [ ]Update Date: 10/03/2007
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY10 CFR Section: 50.72(b)(3)(xii) - OFFSITE MEDICAL   
CONTAMINATED WORKER TRANSPORTED TO OFFSITE MEDICAL FACILITY At 0540 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) the Unit 2 Control Room was notified of a personnel injury in the Unit 2 containment. Unit 2 is currently in a refueling outage and the individual was working in upper containment in support of the reactor vessel closure head replacement project. The individual injuries are apparently the result of being struck when a rigging clevis (not under load) dropped from an elevated position. Site emergency medical technicians responded to the scene and the individual was transported to a local medical facility [Lakeland Hospital, St. Joseph, MI] via ambulance at 0636 EDT. At the time of transport, the individual was considered to be potentially contaminated because complete surveys could not be performed while the individual was immobilized for transfer. Subsequently, after arrival at the hospital, radiation protection personnel verified the presence of low levels of contamination on outer contamination clothing and transport material. These materials are being returned to plant in accordance with DOT guidelines. This report is being made pursuant to 10 CFR 50.72(b(3)(xii), 'Any event requiring the transport of a radioactively contaminated person to an offsite medical facility for treatment.' The NRC Resident Inspector has been notified.

LaFeet

« Reply #76 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:34 »
As  undedrstand, She is out of critical care... but has a long recovery road ahead of her.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her

LaFeet

« Reply #77 on: Oct 23, 2007, 02:03 »
Regarding the accident at DC Cook, I was told in a safety briefing while at Braidwood that the female scaffold worker died of her injuries some 48-72 hours after the accident.  She was hit by a 350 lb clevis that was in the process of being unscrewed while the polar crane was delivering the previous clevis to its storage location.  I'm not sure what kind of clevis it was, perhaps for the U/I Lift Rig, perhaps for the head.  The workers, from Areva, had not anticipated the clevis to run out of thread before the polar crane had returned and were unable to control it when it did.  Initially I was told little, that the scaffold worker's injuries were grave. The next day I was told that the victim was a female and that she had died.   I know little about the nature of her severe injuries.  I did hear "punctured lung" an hour or two before I heard that she had died.   I did also hear that she was rushed to the hospital in contaminated PC's.

WHOA    WHOA  WHOA... lets get the facts.

The injured person is recovering nicely.  She was transfered from a Michigan hospital to one near her home town.  SHE IS ALIVE AND HAS RECENTLY BEEN DISCHARRGED FROM THE HOSPITAL.  Repeat - she is alive and recovering nicely.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #78 on: Oct 23, 2007, 04:27 »
WHOA    WHOA  WHOA... lets get the facts.

The injured person is recovering nicely.  She was transfered from a Michigan hospital to one near her home town.  SHE IS ALIVE AND HAS RECENTLY BEEN DISCHARRGED FROM THE HOSPITAL.  Repeat - she is alive and recovering nicely.
Thank you LaFeet,I spoke with the plant manager last night and he said she is recovering nicely as well. Gotta love rumors..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline saupere

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #79 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:28 »
My apologies for the above rumor.  Her demise was not my intention and I'm glad she is recovering.  I have found nothing to validate that she had died.  I can only say that my project manager, Xxxx Xxxxxx, stood in front of a group of about 15 Westinghouse Split Pin workers at Braidwood and told all of us that she had died of her injuries. 

EDIT: deleted name because he wouldn't want to be identified as a spouter of BS (libel issues for the website) RT
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2007, 07:00 by Roll Tide »

LaFeet

« Reply #80 on: Nov 03, 2007, 11:46 »
No problem... I just wanted everyone to KNOW that she was recovering - not deceased.

Still here at Cook and no one else has been hurt.... although the walkdowns still continue in the can.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #81 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:18 »
. Just wanted to say thanks to all the Bartlett and Quality techs that assisted during our Unit 2 refuel. Fifty one days is a long outage but it would have been longer without all of you. Hard to imagine better support on nightshift then we had. That includes all areas: Lower, upper and the aux. Safe travels and happy holidays! Hope to see each one of you in the spring.

Peace!
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:34 »
It is always a pleasure to work at the Cook plant. Hope you guys are finally making some neutrons!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #83 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:34 »
Full power today, Batman. Say hello to 'Robin' on your trip outwest! See you in the spring.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

LaFeet

« Reply #84 on: Nov 29, 2007, 06:46 »
Full power today, Batman. Say hello to 'Robin' on your trip outwest! See you in the spring.

Hey  save me a place at the table tooooooo

cpottsjr

« Reply #85 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:57 »
Don't wanna let TENN-1 get the ONLY word in  (edgewise or other).....   I wish to say thanks to everyone that was here for our refuel also....   more than a handful of really great people.  We started with a bunch of new people and I hope they liked us as we liked them....   outage was a little strange, can't quite put my finger on it....  Spring outage will be a little easier, albeit shorter, which isn't always a good thing for our contract help.  Hope to see everybody back, in addition to some of the old guys/gals that were unable to attend the party this time.  Thanks all, and have a great holiday season !!  (Hey Wanda...  is there anything left in your house ??)

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #86 on: Feb 20, 2008, 05:10 »
I'm seeing a bonus of "UP TO" $3800.00 for the outage.  What qualifies for the Full Monty...$3800.00?  I've heard of past situations where techs bought the ticket, but only got half the ride.  Is there anything in writing to explain the variables, or what influences the dollars?

RG

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #87 on: Feb 20, 2008, 05:51 »
senior RPTech 3000 NRRPT +300  Returnee +500

juniors get 1500 I think,  deconners get 3000!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #88 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:47 »
Come on Down! I'll be nice to you...promise :P
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

jailie_13@hotmail.com

Re: DC Cook Lodging
« Reply #89 on: Mar 07, 2008, 02:28 »
My husband starts work there on the 24th of march and we really need to find a place to stay. We dont want to spend a lot of money cause we just want to stay about a month and then find a house. Please help us....

Nicole

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #90 on: Apr 02, 2008, 05:29 »
Wonder where they got the RP's this year?  they suck..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #91 on: Apr 03, 2008, 11:40 »
Wonder where they got the RP's this year?  they suck..

Ouch! :o That's pretty harsh. :-[

Send me a PM and tell me whom you think is not up to par.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #92 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:44 »
I pm'd you with the details.Let me know if you need more..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #93 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:51 »
I pm'd you with the details.Let me know if you need more..

Thanks for the input, most of the techs here are top notch, but you can't bat 1.000 all season long. ;)

sammoyers

« Reply #94 on: Apr 06, 2008, 02:53 »
Thanks for the input, most of the techs here are top notch, but you can't bat 1.000 all season long. ;)

Thanks Hoppe, I'm glad we get a little recognition. FUELDRYER, I'm sorry you are not satisfied with your RP coverage, maybe you should come to Lower CTMT on nights.... ;D

And a note to the RP's and folks at DC Cook, (Especially TENN 1, and CPOTTSJR) It was MY PLEASURE to work both the fall 07, outage and this spring outage. Massive KARMA to you all....
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008, 02:58 by Silverback »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #95 on: Apr 06, 2008, 04:36 »
Thanks Hoppe, I'm glad we get a little recognition. FUELDRYER, I'm sorry you are not satisfied with your RP coverage, maybe you should come to Lower CTMT on nights.... ;D

And a note to the RP's and folks at DC Cook, (Especially TENN 1, and CPOTTSJR) It was MY PLEASURE to work both the fall 07, outage and this spring outage. Massive KARMA to you all....
"MOST" of the techs are top notch but there are a few that are not..You get that everywere you go....Karma to the good one's.If there was a reactor in lower's,I'd be there in a minute...Be safe.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #96 on: Apr 06, 2008, 08:22 »
Thanks for the feedback FuelDryer and Silverback. I too am sorry FuelDryer did not get the service he expected. True, we all have bad days, even weeks, and it seems FD's job rubbed up against someone doing time in that realm. Hopster will take care of FD's issues. The folks we have in lower on nights and days have been first rate. Next outage we'll try and move part of the ML contract to lower, We all know lower is where the cool people work . ;) Karma to all!

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #97 on: Apr 07, 2008, 03:11 »
hi Sam i am :)  ..dc cooke is awesome ..fun fun fun ..im at stp and im wishing i was in Michigan :P
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

LaFeet

« Reply #98 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:40 »
 We are all doing fine here at Cook... there have been a few little mishaps, fortunately nothing too serious.  Definitely nothing like last outage -  and hopefully nothing like that will happen again.

As for the cool people.... yeah  LOWERS is the place to be... and Im enjoying days down there.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #99 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:19 »
I agree.... uppers has some pretty cool people....

Well...... at least one   ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?