hi, i'm new to this board. i'm a union ironworker, posted on our jobline is work at nuke power plants, but need a red badge, some questions:
1. what is the cost to obtain?
2. how long do they last? duration of the outage or yearly?
3. any factors that would stop me from obtaining badge?
4. military service help? was in the navy for four years when i was younger. no nukes though.
5. was a party animal in younger days too. dui = 5 in 17 years. quit drinking for last 9 years.
any assistance would be great. thank you.
Welcome to NukeWorker
I'm not sure what a "Red Badge" is, so it is difficult to tell you the answer to some of your questions. The only reference I personally know of that refers to red badge is "red badge" training at a plant that escapes my memory right now, old guy thing <sigh>
However, it was basically the nuc worker training for access to the plant, some plants call this NGETor GET, which would be valid for 1 year. There would be no cost to obtain this, as you would be given this training as part of in-processing at whatever power plant you were hired in at.
As far as the DUI thing goes, there are many posts about that on here, and I suggest you do some searching on the site. I don't think it will be an issue seeing as how it was so far in the past. The main thing to remember is to be HONEST and don't try to hide ANYTHING, they will find out.
Good Luck, and again Welcome to NukeWorker