Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Contraband honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Contraband  (Read 34372 times)

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
Re: Nuclear Contraband
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2007, 01:47 »
I am whining?  You are always doing the importance comparison thing.  However, I agree with one aspect of this post.  "Whatever."

In regards to your earlier post of what did I do before cell phones.  I used the pay phone on site, dialed area code 555 1212 and asked for the person's phone number.  Then I deposited another quarter and got connected.

A query for you.  What did you do before Direct Deposit?
Before direct deposit,I cashed my check at the bank like most people did/still do.When direct deposit came to be,well gee Biff, I signed up for it.My bank and maybe your's too allows me to check my deposit status 24 for hours aday,that's right "24" hours aday.That way I'm not distracted at work worrying about the little things.My employer hasn't burned me yet.(I'm a very trusting person)
Call Before You Dig!

ageoldtech

« Reply #26 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:51 »
Question: What’s the difference between a Nuclear Worker and a Puppy? Any guesses?

Melrose

« Reply #27 on: Feb 16, 2007, 07:24 »
Question: What’s the difference between a Nuclear Worker and a Puppy? Any guesses?

A puppy can't make a fist, a nuclear worker can't lick himself.  ;D

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
« Reply #28 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:23 »
Now that is funny
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #29 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:40 »
back on the topic or go open another thread.  the subject is nuclear contraband, the item discussed was cell phone situation.  if posts stay within the boundary of the contraband issue, i.e. items that are normal in society but not in the "nuclear realm", then they can continue on this thread.  otherwise start another thread.   
thank you for your attention.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2007, 02:54 »
Okay, the company has rules so I say abide by them. If it says no camera phones then you either buy a non camera phone or leave it at home. I use a Nokia phone that has all the bells and whistles I need and it came free from Cingular. Anything it can't do I really don't need asap.

I look at it this way, if the rule says no weapons allowed but I can carry either a pen knife, tool knife etc as long as the blade is under 2 inches; then I need to leave the machete and Bowie at home and carry the ole Buck knife that fits into my pocket. Rules are rules and if I want to play or work then I need to abide by them whether I agree or not.

sponge

« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2007, 10:06 »
It might be a good idea to check about recent updates to security policy. For example, Indian Point just lifted the ban on camera phones.

Now here's an OBSERVATION, My wife's LG Chocolate phone has a camera, but the lens is only visible when the phone is open.

Whoever brought up the GPS thing has a good point, that's a little scary too. Anyone ever check out Google Earth and look at the sites they have worked at?

ageoldtech

« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2007, 09:29 »
Cute Melrose, but the answer is: Eventually the puppy will stop the wining. 

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2007, 01:06 »

Now here's an OBSERVATION, My wife's LG Chocolate phone has a camera, but the lens is only visible when the phone is open.

Yes thatll pass if youre at a plant thats a little lax in their inspections.  I've been to several plants that when they see the phone in your bag after the xray they take a look at it to check whether or not its a camera phone.   That was entergy south and progress I believe may be more theyre all just somewhat blending togeather in my mind at this time of night.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2007, 07:51 »
The Entergy plants recently changed to allow camera capable cell phones, if this helps.  That would be Fitzpatrick, ANO, Indian Point, Pilgrim, River Bend, Grand Gulf, Waterford 3, Palisades and Cooper.
Yo, what is VY - chopped liver??    :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2007, 10:14 »
Kewaunee doesn't allow camera phones either. I think it might be a Dominion policy as well.

stuartmj

« Reply #36 on: Feb 28, 2007, 03:12 »
As an instructor for Dominion, I can verify that.  Dominion's policy is no camera phones.  This applies to Kewaunee, North Anna, Surry, and Millstone.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #37 on: Feb 28, 2007, 06:58 »
Rules are rules and if I want to play or work then I need to abide by them whether I agree or not.

That is the entire purpose of this thread.  I'm just trying to be legal and comfortable simultaneously.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #38 on: Feb 28, 2007, 08:01 »
Yeah and my momma always told me when I wanted something outragous that people in hell want icewater.  :)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #39 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:15 »
What I have a question about may not be considered by some to be contraband

ok, what about sumthing else?  are ipods legit?  how about under anti-c?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #40 on: Mar 02, 2007, 05:20 »
ok, what about sumthing else?  are ipods legit?  how about under anti-c?

I'm thinkin about trying that one - velcro a shuffle under my hardhat, and wearing "earplugs"  ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 04, 2007, 11:45 »
I'm thinkin about trying that one - velcro a shuffle under my hardhat, and wearing "earplugs"  ;)

Why don't we all just get camera phones with 2gig memory cards for our down loads and we'll have everything covered.  I'll be hip just like my teenage daughter.  Do they use "hip" ??? :-\

Besides I was going to ask a guard in the courtyard the other night on shift about camera cell phones inside the PA at Watts Bar but he was talking on his verizon chocolate, answered my question. lol
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2007, 12:24 »
Remember some places its "do as I say not as I do"  you are in their house afterall.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?