At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build, and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Evaluate radiological conditions in the nuclear plant and the implementation of the necessary radiological safety measures as they apply to nuclear plant workers and members of the general public. Perform dose rate, contamination, and airborne radioactivity surveys. Provide job coverage for work groups to minimize personnel exposure. Control access to radioactive material through labeling and posting. Provide briefings and guidance to plant personnel to prohibit unplanned exposure to radioactive material.
On an assigned shift, and acting under prescribed rules and approved practices, measure and keep records of radiation levels, to clean, maintain, and issue respiratory protection equipment, and to perform related work. Due to the nature of the work, individuals may be asked to wear a respirator.
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent, including chemistry and Mathematics courses
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (TECH)
- Ability to work different shifts
- Ability to receive unescorted Nuclear access
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Associates degree or equivalent in Radiation Protection, Health Physics or related field
- High School Diploma and 2 year professional work experience in Radiation Protection, Health Physics or equivalent
- 6 years Navy Nuclear experience, including Engineering Lab Technician (ELT) qualifications
- Previous experience in Radiation Protection at commercial nuclear power plants and passed the NUF (North Eastern Fundamentals Exam) or equivalent
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
https://www.eeoc.gov/employe rs/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf span>