Job details on NukeWorker.com's Nuclear Jobs & Employment Jobboard
NukeWorker Job Board
Job details: Radiation Safety Technician 2
Apply Online Now
Share This Job
Save this job
Print This Job
Radiation Safety Technician 2
Radiological (HP) Technician
Posted on: 04/28/2021 by
Clive Disposal Facility, UT US-Region IV (West)
299 S Main St Ste 1700
• Is responsible for field implementation of the Radiation Safety Program. Ensures compliance with company, local, state and federal radiation safety policies and regulations. Monitors radiological work controls and work activities involving radioactive material. Interprets and verifies field data obtained from radiation surveys using the appropriate instrumentation and/or analyses.
• Participates in the Radiation Safety Program by ensuring the safe collection, storage, packaging, transportation and subsequent disposal of radioactive material. These tasks are necessary to maintain a healthy workforce thereby enabling EnergySolutions to reach its performance goals and stay competitive in the marketplace.
• Processes routine incoming radioactive shipments and checks for excessive contamination or dose levels. Performs wipe tests on packages for contamination removal, cleans packages if there is contamination, delivers shipments to approved users, and cross-checks against inventory for approval. Verifies quantity radioactive material license limits. Records new and amended permit information for all radionuclides received. Enters information in the HIS-20 database system.
• Stays current on local, state, federal and EnergySolutions policies and procedures concerning shipment/ transportation of radioactive materials.
• Collects, analyzes and interprets the results of various samples required to ensure compliance with local, state and federal radiation safety regulations and orders and environmental technical standards, guidelines and policies. Creates reports on the results of sample analyses for management and determines necessary corrective actions and compliance. Develops processes to minimize future contamination.
• Conducts area surveys to identify elevated levels of exposure or contamination. Responds to any incident or emergency regarding radionuclides. Maintains proper incident response equipment and supplies.
• Performs calculations necessary to determine radiation levels and radioactive contamination levels and concentrations in areas, in soil, on material, on equipment and in the air.
• Issues radiation work permits and briefs personnel on radiological conditions and work requirements.
• Maintains data for a computer-based radiological work permit system to ensure only properly authorized personnel are permitted access to restricted areas. Monitors and controls personnel and material access to, and egress from, radiologically controlled areas.
• Develops, writes and processes radiation safety procedures, instructions and guidance.
• Operates, issues and calibrates radiological counting and detection equipment and air sampling equipment.
• Performs and documents radiological instrumentation reviews, evaluations and investigations.
• Ensures proper operation and maintenance of radiological controls equipment. Processes/procures material, parts and equipment in support of the site Radiation Safety Program. Maintains equipment supply and availability.
• Participates in emergency preparation drills and emergency responses.
• Provides training and implements monitoring programs to protect personnel from radiation hazards.
• Investigates and documents radiological occurrences and/or other Corrective Action Program issues and events and recommends long-term corrective action.
• Maintains field radiation protection records such as survey logs and radiation work permit entry and exit records.
• There is no supervision of other workers at this level.
• Responsible for the quality of his/her own work and satisfying customer (internal and external) specifications.
• Must be able to work independently and resolve practical problems.
• Must be able to provide work coverage for Radiation Safety Technician 1 staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Description of ideal candidate
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of local, state and federal radiation safety compliance regulations
• Working knowledge of the interpretation of local, state and federal radiation safety compliance regulations
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of radiation safety compliance
• Working knowledge of, and skill in using, radiation monitoring instrumentation and methods
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and their use (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and database applications
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 pounds; handle, grip, and reach above or below shoulder
• Ability to use hands and feet to accomplish tasks as assigned
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend/stoop, crouch, squat/kneel, twist at the waist and balance
• Ability to climb hand-over-hand on ladders, stairs, and scaffold
• Ability to work at elevated heights
• Ability to effectively communicate; speaking, reading, understanding, writing and hearing clear English; pass audiogram in hearing conservation program as required by location
• Basic math, and computer skills
• Ability to perceive depth and adjust focus; basic hand/eye coordination
• Ability to see close and distance, basic colors/shades, and peripheral vision
• Ability to work inside an office, outside, and in extreme temperatures
• Ability to work with moving objects, hazardous machines, and on slippery/uneven walking surfaces
• Ability to wear protective equipment such as: goggles, hard hat, gloves, steel toe boots with or without shank, and chemical resistant coveralls
• Ability to work with others; ability to operate equipment
• Ability to wear a respirator and work around ionizing radiation
• Ability to read small text, blueprints, documents, procedures, and instrument readouts
• Certified 24 Hour Site Specific Hazwopper, Radworker, and Respiratory Physical
24 hr Hazwopr
You need to login to view contact details of this job!
Apply Online Now
More jobs from this employer
Share This Job
Save this job
Print This Job