Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu questions about civ nuke power honeypot

Author Topic: questions about civ nuke power  (Read 4902 times)

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
questions about civ nuke power
« on: Mar 28, 2007, 04:24 »
I am about 2 years from getting out.
Nuke history
5years CVN highest qual Cheif Rx watch highest possition Work center sup
3years Pearl harbor SY position Ship Superintendant for pair of DDGs
will probably complete BSAST Thomas Edison degree.

I will be 3 months shy of 10 years but will probably get out due to family.

Questions:
1.what is a NLO program describe the advancement of work position with approx time line and rough income lvl
2.what do the operators of the plant actualy do? If its like standing feed control watch I may have to pass

My primary concern is with the working quality of life, as long as I can live off my starting pay and have realistic room to grow money is not a real concern.

Fermi2

Re: questions about civ nuke power
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2007, 04:28 »
These same questions have been answered roughly 566788876543356789876 times here. Wanna bet if you did a little research on this site you could fine your answers?

Mike

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2007, 06:51 »
Point taken. I limit it to one question I cant find an answer for. What do you do on shift?

M1Ark

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2007, 08:15 »
Mike is actually a nice guy, honest. 

1. 0615: You have morning turnover with the off-going shift.

2. 0645: You have formal turnover with your entire crew and compare stories. 

3. 0715: You read your email, have breakfast and shoot the breeze w/ your coworkers.

4. 0800: You head out to your assigned area with your handhled radio and tour your space such as the Turbine building for about 2-3 hours.  You take readings on a handheld computer, add gas/water/stuff to whatever needs it.  You drain gas/water/stuff to what ever needs it.  You write condition reports or work orders on degraded equipment.  You respond to alarms received in the control room.

5.  1100: Eat lunch

6. 1200: Hang tag outs to support work control, perform admin duties such as enter work orders identified on your rounds into the computer.  See the scheduled to start date on broken stuff in your building and see if you agree with them.  See resolutions to condition reports you have written and give feedback to the engineer or planner that blew you off.  Perform testing of components scheduled on the POD.  Shoot the breeze w/ your coworkers.  Respond to alarms as directed by the control room.

7. 1730:  Prepare for turnover

8. 1815: Turnover to the on-coming shift.

This is an ordinary day and could be markedly different if the situation warrants.  Worst day in commercial nuke is generally better than your better days in the Navy.

To each his own and your mileage may vary.

M1Ark

LaFeet

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:57 »
These same questions have been answered roughly 566788876543356789876 times here. Wanna bet if you did a little research on this site you could fine your answers?

Mike

Mike  you may need to update this number now

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?