Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ET vs EM vs MM vs ELT honeypot

Author Topic: ET vs EM vs MM vs ELT  (Read 18700 times)

MNH1884

ET vs EM vs MM vs ELT
« on: Sep 18, 2011, 02:19 »
Hi, I am new member to NukeWorker. I am leaving for bootcamp November 2nd, so I am trying to figure out what I want to put as my top choice at basic. I have read a lot of different info on each rate but I was wondering what one is the most hands on when in comes to maintenance. I am pretty sure I am going to put EM as my top choice then MM but if anyone has some insight on what job is going to be the most physical just let me know. Thanks in advance

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: ET vs EM vs MM vs ELT
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 10:50 »
Hi, I am new member to NukeWorker. I am leaving for bootcamp November 2nd, so I am trying to figure out what I want to put as my top choice at basic. I have read a lot of different info on each rate but I was wondering what one is the most hands on when in comes to maintenance. I am pretty sure I am going to put EM as my top choice then MM but if anyone has some insight on what job is going to be the most physical just let me know. Thanks in advance

If you really read a lot about the different ratings then you know which is more hands on and physical when it comes to maintenance.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,17568.0.html

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12184.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,14609.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,1890.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,16109.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,16466.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,10692.0.html
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,3821.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,3676.0.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4089.25.HTML
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,1737.0.HTML
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:16 »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

MacGyver

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:32 »

DIVER = Most Physical

MM =  Chuck Norris of Nukes

DSO

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2011, 05:46 »
Define physical?? Extrapolate .....

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2011, 09:41 »
I think an MM2/ss/dv  ELT could beat up chuck norris, but only on a bad day for chuck.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2011, 06:58 »
The "World's Most Interesting Man" is fascinated by ELTs   8)

...stay thirsty my friend and toast an ELTs good health.   [coffee]

MacGyver

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2011, 07:38 »
I think an MM2/ss/dv  ELT could beat up chuck norris, but only on a bad day for chuck.

The "World's Most Interesting Man" is fascinated by ELTs   8)

...stay thirsty my friend and toast an ELTs good health.   [coffee]

This is what happens to ELT's that mess'wit' Chuck Norris ...

Jus'Say'In ...  ;) ;D :o 8) :P :)

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:55 »
Apparently all my time focused on video games as a young adult did not help me in the process of unseating a valve on torqued shut to 50ft-lbs, that was 2 months ago, im gonna make that valve my bitch tomorrow as I have been working out every other day since.

Not sure where I was going with that, anyway. you should get MM if its your first choice, I had it as my second choice, first being ET (ty millington, so glad I don't have to sit in an ac'd room all day)

Which reminds me, I stood upper level today( hot as hell), I went to the head afterwards, and I was like wth is all this white powdery crap on my face. Turns out to be the dried out salt from my sweat.

I like my job, im nowhere near qualififed as Im still a month away from graduating ptype, but im glad I got MM its just as challenging as the other rates and most of the stuff you talk about isn't make believe.   
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

MacGyver

« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2011, 12:14 »
Apparently all my time focused on video games as a young adult did not help me in the process of unseating a valve on torqued shut to 50ft-lbs, that was 2 months ago, im gonna make that valve my bitch tomorrow as I have been working out every other day since.

Not sure where I was going with that, anyway. you should get MM if its your first choice, I had it as my second choice, first being ET (ty millington, so glad I don't have to sit in an ac'd room all day)

Which reminds me, I stood upper level today( hot as hell), I went to the head afterwards, and I was like wth is all this white powdery crap on my face. Turns out to be the dried out salt from my sweat.

I like my job, im nowhere near qualififed as Im still a month away from graduating ptype, but im glad I got MM its just as challenging as the other rates and most of the stuff you talk about isn't make believe.   

Yes yes, we know, navy nuke beats a lot of other military jobs.  And, of course, MM's are the best ... for more than putting a good torque job on a valve (re: your love of valves)  ;) ...  :P :o ;D 8)

(I get my orders next week :) {for a real boat...})

Good job.  Keep us posted on your "adventure's".
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011, 12:15 by MacGyver »

drayer54

« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2011, 12:36 »

I don't even know where to begin.

[train]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:35 »

I don't even know where to begin.

[train]

Well, I figured it was a typo, figured maybe it was 500 or 150 or 250 or somethin',....

But, Jechtm checked back in today around 1500 and no edit to the 50 (fifty) entry,....

Well, honesty counts for somethin' I reckon,...

Perhaps it was 50 with a touch of galling in the threads,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

drayer54

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2011, 12:05 »

Which reminds me, I stood upper level today( hot as hell),  
1) You think it's hot in New York?! How do you think it's going to be when your operating those big 50 ft-lb valves in the Red Sea or the Gulf?!?!

2) Lift or something, it doesn't get any easier and nobody wants to come operate your valves.

3) Make a valve your what? Seriously?

(I get my orders next week :) {for a real boat...})

Ohh, it makes sense now. You'll be just fine..... :P :P :P
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2011, 12:08 by Drayer »

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2011, 10:55 »
I thought everyone deserved a good laugh. But, yeh unseating 50 isn't the problem its where the valve is... and my watch was cancelled so we will have to wait and see if I can redeem myself at a later date... 90 signatures left :o
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:09 »
*Waiting for the inevitable "So I broke a valve today" thread*

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:55 »

LMFAO

~Bruce Lee

LaFeet

« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2011, 10:11 »
WOW   all these SMAGs  offering advice... all these Grunts talking smack. 

Hey Kiddo, you get what you get.  I wanted MM but wound up as an ET.   I still changed MG bearings, risics, and water lanced heat exchangers all underway.

MM and ELT have the advantage of acquiring welding school.   ETs can go to ETMS.  EMs get to play with their hands.  Either way, thank you for your service, study hard and get qualified.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2011, 10:20 »

"I broke a valve today" - MM

" I broke a nail today"  - ELT

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?