Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
The Rutherford Building at Manchester University
TravelTax.com
The Rutherford Building at Manchester University

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?

Related:

Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

OSHA HAZWOPER
  Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Donate
  Nuke Shop
  Advertise

People online
51 Guests, 6 Users (2 Hidden)

robejk
debfauria
JessJen
MrHazmat
View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Apr 24, 2014, 06:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Rutherford Building at Manchester University  (Read 2022 times)
JessJen
Fullfiller of my own destiny
Heavy User

Ill buy the ballerina a drink!

View Profile WWW
« on: Oct 08, 2009, 05:50 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/higher/inquiry-rules-lab-cancer-deaths-were-not-linked-to-radioactive-material-1799027.html

It's an interesting article, even with factual errors.  Take a look at the comments to date.

I feel as if strapped to a yellow rent a truck filled with fertilizer and fuel being driven off a cliff by a suicidal mickey mouse.

Sunblock doesn't help, if you don't have skin
Atomic Archeologist
lurching dirt searcher
Heavy User

Bequerels by the bagful!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2009, 01:38 »

I agree with the first poster's basic message to the article's author,which I read to be "research better and get facts straight before writing."
One issue that wasn't covered in much depth was the non-retention of survey data.  In my experience with D&D, license closure terminates records.  Since the Physics department moved out of the building and it was opened to student classes and other departments I would assume (yes, I know those ramifications) that the applicable license had been terminated.  Survey information is discarded when that occurs.  The activity at the turn of the century most likely was done under another license arrangement, perhaps without a license issued by the NRC.  If that was the case, then the survey data would be with the applicable license or discarded when the work was done.  Irregardless, the fact that the reporter was unable to recover survey data is more an indication of the research skill and knowledge set and less an indictment of the University and/or regulators.

Forensic Health Physics

When you are tired of the glow, you will find there is dirt down below.

Sometimes it is difficult to remember that the solution to pollution is dilution, when you are removing the conduits for pollutes to dilute into the solutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: