Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Braidwood
TravelTax.com
Braidwood

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?

Related:

Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

OSHA HAZWOPER
  Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Donate
  Nuke Shop
  Advertise

People online
50 Guests, 6 Users (2 Hidden)

robejk
debfauria
JessJen
MrHazmat
View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Apr 24, 2014, 06:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Braidwood
Above Average - 12 (33.3%)
Average - 8 (22.2%)
Below Average - 16 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Braidwood  (Read 26781 times)
navsteve
Light User

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:52 »

I am interested in getting into the commercial nuke field as an AO and relocating to the midwest.  My wife is from the Milwaukee area so the Exelon plants in the Chicago area would be my first choice.  I have applied at LaSalle and more recently at Braidwood.  The LaSalle posting was a couple months ago and I never received any calls from that posting.  I meet the qualifications as listed in the job postings, i.e. ex-navy nuke and I have an A.S. in Nuclear Engineering Technology.  I have taken the POSS at another utility and passed.  I am very interested in the positions at Braidwood or LaSalle if they are still interviewing.  Does anyone know if it is possible to contact Talent Acquisition directly and if it would help in getting an interview?  Thanks in advance for your replies.
Chimera
Gold Member

I love NukeWorker.com!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2009, 05:54 »

As the old saying goes, "Perserverance alone is omnipotent."

Keep trying until you get what you want.  "Failure" is just another word for "try again".
newpaul
« Reply #27 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:16 »

Hi Everyone,

I recently (12/21/09) applied for an Entry-Level NLO position at Exelon (Braidwood). My background is in Telecommunications (AT&T) and i'm interested in a career change to the Nuclear industry. I have a BEng (Bachelor of Engineering) degree in Electronics and a MS degree in Telecom.

I would really like to get into the NLO program (the Exelon training program starts in March 2010). I have not yet received an invitation to take the POSS.

Any advice on how the process works (i.e. how long between the initial application and the invite to take the test)? Also, ditto on the Talent Acquisition contact question from Navsteve.

Thanks.
DoubleDutch
Very Lite User

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:30 »

Hello,

I have a similar question to the above posters. Anyone know if they've started tests and/or interviews for the NLO position at Exelon-Braidwood starting in March 2010? I'm and ex-Navy Nuke and I went to college (Bachelors in Applied Science in Computers) about half an hour north in Chicago. I know a lot of people in the area and I'd really like to find out about getting a job at the plant.

Any advice on how to find out some information on when they're doing the tests? I've been putting in for entry-level positions all over the Midwest, but not many bites so far. Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note the area is beautiful and most of the people are friendly. The further away from Joliet and the suburbs of Chicago the better it is, but then again I've never enjoyed being near the big cities.

Thank you.
JeremyCantrell
Very Lite User

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2012, 12:55 »

This should be interesting..going to Braidwood as Night shift EHS on turbine deck(Siemens).
I was last there in circa 2001 for outage as a Scaffold Builder.
Rennhack
Forum Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2012, 03:43 »

I was last there in circa 2001 for outage as a Scaffold Builder.

Around the same time you were last on NukeWorker...

JeremyCantrell
Very Lite User

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2012, 04:41 »

LOL
I guess I deserve that Smiley

I jumped on after seeing SEC Advertising for my job Smiley
Seems they have jumped into the Siemens Wind Power EHS arena.

I've been doing Safety on Siemens Wind farms for a few years now....not a bad gig.

Rennhack
Forum Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2012, 07:24 »

We would love to see you become a regular user again.  Lord knows Nuclear NASCAR and RDTroja would love to hear from you more often.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: